Veeky Forums should be a text-board 2bqf

>in which I dream my beloved will not give me a blowjob because reasons
>try my Hegelian magic to coax her into it
>TFW still no blowjob :(

images aren't text but they are Text

but then I wouldn't have dank Veeky Forums memes

text is image

Pictures are worth a thousand words

Because text is meaningless because of the holocaust. Images are true culture.

1. He recanted the statement you're referring to.

2. You have mangled it so much, it's not even good as parody.

<
just rote 1000 wurds wut u tnk guiz

Lets start a thread on /qa/ to get it happening. There is no reason a literature board shouldn't be a text board.

The thread will be drowned out by all the threads complaining about /pol/

If we make it a continual thing it will eventually happen. Its a win-win for mods and the site because text boards are lower upkeep.

Good idea! you start the thread, I'll roll for trips until we summon hiroshimoot to fix it.

Pictures encourage off discussion. Books are text only and it would contribute to high quality discussion.

Plus the memers would leave

It seems everyone who actually likes literature is on board for this idea. I'm trying to get a hold of Hiroshimoot and tell him all of Veeky Forums is on board.

Amazing idea. Katiegate would never have happened.

Lets make this happen!

Exciting stuff! Make sure to post his response here when you get it.
...in text format, of course!

Veeky Forums is de-facto /art/ (art discussion, not the plebs over at /ic/), so no.

I am thinking about just posting textual images

Who /book/ here?

there used to a be a text board called /book/ and fuck all used it

I wanna look like this desu. How much would such clothing cost?

I hope you're not saying you're here for actual discussion

That's Veeky Forums

Hm, I don't really browse Veeky Forums but we have art threads here semi-regularly, and artwork ends up being relevant to plenty of topics relevant to this board. Consider that you can't really have a holistic discussion about postmodernism without discussing art and architecture. Where else on Veeky Forums am I going to be able to have a holistic discussion about postmodernism?

>tfw there would be no more stirner/meme posters in general
>tfw the plebs would eventually be filtered out and we would be left with a patrician board

If you are willing to buy second hand you could look like that for like 20$. If not probably around 200$

Thats the thing, if we delete Veeky Forums and make it text only we can actually have discussion.

why did you choose donnie for pic related

But then you could never post this

Because he talks about the text being an image all the time. Many interviews and Mao II are my sources. Also I find how uncomfortable and stiff he looks in the picture hilarious

Source?

Well it's been a little while since I read Mao II, could you elaborate? It sounds like an interesting concept. Most of what I remember about Mao II has to do with individuality being suffocated by crowds.

a picture is worth 1000 words

that's a cliché

You mom should be a text-board 2bqf

This is going to be difficult to articulate, and I'm not sure DeLillo is the kind of writer I can concisely put into a logical interpretation, but I'll try. Also note the irony in my following attempt with respect to the context of the book: we all seek an interpretive master instead of parsing through the democracies of disconnected voices. Note how the novel doesn't resolve and Bill dies before the real plot of the story beginsYou're correct that Mao II is about crowds, but it isn't necessarily only about crowds of people. Think of the brain and how it processes vast images of images, crowds of tiny little specks of light, and processes it into information. Now think of the trinity of Bill, Karen, and Scott. Karen who imitates people from outside of the house and Scott who edits and revises and organizes Bill's drafts. Karen as perception and Scott as memory and Bill as consciousness? Now think of how Bill believes the hostage has no mind because he cannot write himself out of his situation. For all we know the hostage could be a dead body. For all we know Bill could be making up the hostage's consciousness as we perceive it in the book. A lot of the book is about the process of creating your own reality. Bill does this for the hostage as Scott did with Bill, making Bill his master through reading his text. Also note Bill's opinions on books, his view is that they should occupy the same function as terrorists only by different means. In other words the the author as master of consciousness. As Bill changes towards the end of the book, he is more receptive to the voices of others. I also think a large part of the book is that seeing is believing, i.e. creating a reality for yourself out whatever we see. For example how it is suggested that everything seeks its heightened state with respect to film and literature and how this all relates back to how we escape ourselves. Some people do it by joining a crowd others do it by reading a book.I hope this wan't entirely too incoherent. I think I'm going to need to read it again now

Right here fåm