What does Veeky Forums have against female authors?

What does Veeky Forums have against female authors?

If you're talking about the adverse reactions to Rand, it's because she's terrible.

I admit, I don't have many female authors in my library. Not because I hate women or anything, but because I consider myself poorly-read, and I want to try and correct that. Any you'd recommend?

I've read some Woolf and Rand.

>female

I don't. I think there are plenty of good female authors that are worth a read.
Unfortunately, the best female author will only be as good as a mediocre male author at best.

For every Austen or there's to many Rowling's and and Le Guin's

H.D.
George Eliot
Plath
Woolf (Between The Acts is a lesser read piece that has a very different feel)
Mina Loy (hate her kinda but she's got a place)
Mary Shelley
uh..
sorry I haven't read that many either.

pointless sexism is pedestrian

He's trolling you...

It's not pointless, it's the objective truth. Find me the greatest female author of all time, and I'll best her 100x over with no name males.

>tfw you read Plaths poetry and it feels like shes trying really really hard.

Almost reminded me of Rimbaud in jow you just want to tell the guy to calm down and get some water.

You can literally skip all female authors and not lose anything of worth.

i love o'connor and like le guin. haven't read many other female authors though.

>Mary Shelley
>Agatha Christie
>Ursula K. Le guin
>C.L. Moore
>Ann Radcliffe

Try again m8

>shitpost

>Names the worst female writers

You're right, JKR, Stephanie Meyer, and Andrea Dworkin are the really amazing ones.

Surprised Austen isn't on the list. I don't see the appeal, but she's usually listed high on these things.

I stand by my statement.

Mary Shelley's importance is hard to overstate

I think she was just genuinely that upset, bro. Philip Larkin is just as bad and he didn't kill himself.

Women have consistently had far fewer opportunities, both in terms of publishing and education, so obviously they're historically underrepresented. In recent years, they've rubber-banded to the other extreme where praise is heaped upon them regardless of quality and they're heavily encouraged to write identity politics books that are all basically the same self-victimizing trash. This has led much of contemporary women's literature to be samey and mediocre.
I don't think Veeky Forums hates female authors, there are just far fewer good ones than men.

Name me one female author that can hold a candle to Shakespeare, Dostoievski, Dante, Borges, etc. You can't. And that's why no one gives a shit about female authors.

Name another author that holds a candle to Shakespeare. You can't. that's why no one cares about reading. (with maybe the exception of Dante there is a woman that surpasses everyone you've mentioned)

>genre fiction
fucking dropped

None of you will ever be better writers than the "mediocre female authors" you're scorning in this thread, btw.

>Borges,
Gertrude Stein is around his level

I don't understand. You make a shitpost saying women haven't done anything of worth and you reference a shitpost, to make another shitpost. In response to the image, I mean wouldn't it just be nuts if women were facing issues that were gender related.

>(with maybe the exception of Dante there is a woman that surpasses everyone you've mentioned)
Name them, I'm bored.

Name me one American author that can hold a candle to Shakespeare, Byron, Eliot, Dickens, Wordsworth, Austen or Coleridge, etc. You can't, and that's why no one gives a shit about American authors.

John Grisham is pretty GOAT breh.

>novelists
That Jap girl
Austen
Eliot
Shelley
>poets (this is harder until 20th century)
Stein
Plath
H.D.

just to be clear, not comparing them to shakespeare. i hope that was clear.

Petrarch
Melville

It wasn't hard, huh?

>Petrarch
Hello no. The Sculptor was a better poet.
and Sir Phillip Sidney

>That Jap girl
>Austen
>Eliot
>Shelley
Maybe you can say that Austen and Eliot are as good as Borges. As good as dosto? Nice one, user.

>Stein
>Plath
>H.D.
You aren't comparing them to Dante, right user? Right?

H.D. is comparable. The others aren't.

>mfw

angry, uncultured lonely men

like the rest of Veeky Forums. What did you expect

>Maybe you can say that Austen and Eliot are as good as Borges.
No, you can't.

They're better than Borges

same thing they have against every other non cis white male - insecurity over the legitimacy of the wedding of value to their racial and sexual identity.

nice meme

You are right, they aren't as good as him.

>authors can be compared in powerrankings
dude get the fuck out

>I don't think Veeky Forums hates female authors
I made this same thread a while back and I can tell you that a big part of Veeky Forums definitely have issues with women

not a meme, she's just actually that good

Competition is what creates great literature. And that's why women can't write for shit: they don't understand what competition is.

>Haha Shakespear has a 423 rating to Plath's meek 48 so he's ten times better! Women btfo again!
Why are you even here? You don't understand literature. I'd bet you don't understand much at all.

But that's exactly how you determine the value of a writer, user. But I guess women are unable to understand numbers, so that's why it hurts your feelings.
I'm sorry.

>Implying I'm a woman
you're weak and stupid, step up or shut up

Hum, excuse me? I consider frail men to be women, due to their inferior intellect.

> I consider frail men to be women
>frail
>implying I'm not /fitlit/ and well-rounded
Nothing more frail than being such a fucking cuck you take a piss on women as a gender on an anime forum. Can't imagine you have much success with the ladies friendo, but please don't piss on literature discussion with your redpilled nonsense

Although you may be fighting the good fight I think it's about time you realize the guy is max bait and has no endgame, you're just wasting time.

>stealth female author recommendation thread

Shirley Jackson and Katherine Ann Porter are cool.

I've only read the Lottery by Jackson (loved it) what would you recommend?

You are cute. Do you work out in order to stick your little penis inside women too?