Hello Veeky Forums...

Hello Veeky Forums, I am currently in the process of learning cursive handwriting because I want to be able to take notes faster when I enter college.

I have been looking at internet sources and they mention that there are many styles, any particular one you guys would recommend considering my objective is to write fast and have pretty notes to study?

Some of the ones I have been reading about are:
>Spencerian Script
>Round Hand
>Palmer
>New American Cursive
>Copperplate Script
>Handwriting Without Tears

Do amerifats not learn basic cursive in school? Why?

white ones do.

They don't bother to teach it to anyone else.

Srsly.

Removed from the curriculum from sea to shining sea earlier this millenium because like keyboards or rather touchpads or rather voice activation or rather whatever's next is the future, like, you know? Never did a public issue rise then sink so quickly. Generally, at public schools here, cursive's no longer taught. It was deemed a waste of funding. Glad I was in and out before being robbed of this major source of self-identity.

CURSIVE is a major source of self-identity? Sounds ridiculous.

It baffles me they don't teach cursive anymore. I started writing cursive in 3rd grade and they stopped teaching it after 4th. Printing is for babies.

Everyone's cursive handwriting is unique and distinctive.

It isn't. Also:
>being this pathetically boring you need to self-identify through handwriting

>I am a boring faggot who hasn't developed a self-identity so everyone else must be like me.

Kek, exactly. This is what you sound like with "muh self-identity through handwriting". Nice to see I hit the bulls-eye judging by your assblasted greentext.

I lived in the fucking ghetto and learned this shit in the 4th grade, granted it was the mid 90's. They seriously don't teach this shit anymore?

I don't need to self identify at all. Thats fucking millennial cry baby bullshit thinking right there.

You don't really need to take that many notes in class unless your teacher has a hard on for terminology and that terminology isn't in the textbook for some reason. I'm pretty sure the people who spend the entire class frantically copying everything would be better served just paying attention to what's being said and maybe writing down a few key ideas. I'm old enough to have learned cursive in grade school, but honestly I'd probably trade that skill for being able to type faster on a phone. If speed is my goal I just let my normal handwriting deteriorate into a connected mess. It's not pretty but it's effective.

>it's a 14 year olds with edgy 'le millenials' opinion
Self-construction is psychological process inherent to every human being, you retarded pseud.

He is probably a sad faggot who doesn't even have photos of his childhood.

AHAHAHAHAHAH

>3rd grade
>start learning cursive
>nobody wants to
>"you have to write cursive from now on"
>2 weeks pass
>hardly anything learned
>lessons stop
>teacher says cursive will no longer be taught to everyone
>first year to not learn cursive
>every teacher for the next 10 years is furious we don't know cursive

>this major source of self-identity.
You sure are fucking pathetic.

I second this

They do. It's just that most kids stop doing it in the 5th or 6th grade. I hung on to mine, and was suprised to find out that my old classmates have not used cursive for many years.

Just develop a system of shorthand that makes sense to you and you'll take notes faster than the professor can speak.

This is stupid. Record the lecture. Run it through speech to text software. Make very simple notes for anything shown visually, and add those to the correct parts of the above.

You now have a searchable text file which is far more useful for studying.

If you absolutely feel the need to write something, learn Gregg shorthand. At least it's efficient.

I like the palmer method personally. Though I experiment with other stuff

Writing things down is far more useful if you want to memorize than having some abstract file.

Things that never happened

Americans don't learn cursive at school? How bad is public education in your soon to become third-world country?

I learned it when I was like 8 and haven't used it since.

I did but then it was useless, so it wouldn't surprise me if it stopped.

I learned it. It's a complete waste of time. I sometimes jerk off about how much better my life would be if we just learned another language instead of fucking cursive in second third grade.

Depressing replies, Americans really are retarded.

Nah.

Cursive is totes patrish

This is honestly the first time I hear about cursive writing learning not being a standard thing in elementary school, in a first world country none the less. What the actual fuck, really?
To people defending it, don't you ever need to write something down or take notes or anything, by hand? Writing in all caps is a fucking chore past one sentence.

>I sometimes jerk off about how much better my life would be if we just learned another language instead of fucking cursive in second third grade

That's stupid. Any school in a first world country should provide at least one foreign language teaching. How much time would learning cursive really take in the whole of your school time. Learning cursive didn't stop my school from being able to teach us english and italian in addition to our native lanuge.

I'm trying to say my school didn't bother teaching a foreign language until seventh grade, and poorly at that.
Cursive is for people too stupid to devise their own stenography.

Any handwriting is unique, really.

Cursive or print, doesn't matter.

It's not even a good story user, why would I make it up?
Cursive isn't taught in public school in Freedomland anymore. We had couple of lessons before it was removed from the curriculum. Every teacher moving forward thought we would know it because everyone did before. such an unbelievable story, clearly I never experienced such an exciting turn of events.

>If you absolutely feel the need to write something, learn Gregg shorthand. At least it's efficient.

What typifies (you) your word, your acknowledgement, your backing, more than your signature? What evidences the li'l unique hailstone buried within that steaming pile of flesh more than your way with a word or a line? Is anyone really able to hear themselves speak, or to see what they write? No. 'Self-identity' is not the same thing as pretending I or (you) am Nietzsche et al. fucktard.

>learning cursive

Do they not do this in third grade anymore?