Lasagna

Hey Veeky Forums ,what are your opinions on lasagna?
What's your favorite recipe for making it?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3067455.stm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I make my sauce from scratch. Then I layer dry noodle sauce, shredded cheese/grated reggiano/ricotta mix, dry noodle sauce shredded cheese/grated reggiano/ricotta. I then do a third layer. Bake at 350°f for like 45 min and then broil the top so it gets those brown spots on the cheese

>bolognese, made with extra onion and garlic for flavor, since pasta soaks up flavor
>I like to add a layer of roasted eggplant and spinach leaves, but that's just personal preference
>well seasoned bechamel sauce
>traditional Lasagna noodles, preferably fresh sheets, but none of that "no-cook" bullshit, the texture is terrible.
>a mix of mozzarella and parmesan for the top

>cheese in lasagne

Wut. Elaborate never have I ever lived in flyover land or seen lasagna without cheese. Is this some kinda meme or troll I'm unaware of?

A little cheese on the top is perfectly common. Cheese all the way through is fatass flyover. Don't be stupid.

This.
Also flyover is a state of mind not just a geographical location.

Every lasagna, including those made by native Italians, I've ever seen has at least a layer of ricotta in the middle. Y'all got poverty lasagna if it's that short on cheese.

White chicken lasagna with wilted spinach, caramelized shallots and compound bachamel sauce using parmesan, pecorino and fontina cheeses.

Vegetarian lasagna is dope

That guy's just being purposefully contrarian. The very traditional Italian Lasagna recipes don't use any cheese, just noodles, ragu, and bechamel. However other modern Italian Lasagna recipes use cheese just on top, never as a filling. At any rate you should always use bechamel, it's just not Lasagna without it.

Wrong. You're making shit up.

>including those made by native Italians
Béchamel is used but cheese is not added (that would be a mornay and is definitely not found in real lasagne).

>ricotta
I think I just pissed myself...

Open box of Stouffers. Put in oven. Add extra mozzarella halfway through cooking. Enjoy!

I use the Kraft recipe(s). A couple years ago me and my wife decided to try to make it together thinking it'd be super fucking tough. Went to Kraft website and got the ingredients and directions. Threw it together in very quick time and cooked it and bam turned out GREAT. All their recipe's look similar so I guess pick one of the simple ones and go with it.

I will say the only thing that fucks us sometimes is forgetting to cover the very edges of lasagna before we set it to cook. If I remember correctly any pieces of lasagna that is left like out while set to cook won't cook and will basically be hard and shit when you pull it out when it's done cooking. I guess cover it with the meat sauce.

bitch lasagna
show vagene

Absolutely nothing like a lasagne thread to pull all of the trailer trash out of the woodwork.
Olive Garden is considered fine dining as well isn't it, guys?

This. Olive Garden is basically one of the very and consistent Italian restaurants across the country. Not sure why they get such a bad rap and price is great too.

>Being pretentious about what is essentially a casserole dish
Wew. Bet you only eat burgers on brioche too

To be fair, burgers on brioche do taste awesome. But I like them on other bread as well.

You don't want to be cooking lasagne in a casserole, the pasta will have an awful texture.

Enlighten me, how else does one cook a lasagna?

Quads confirm, it's a question so good there is no answer.

Their food is sub par tasteless garbage. Worst marinara sauce I've ever had the displeasure to taste.

In a lasagna pan, what else?

Yes it this special pan is the only way to make a proper lasagna

He probably means you should use a steel tin rather than a casserole. Stops the edges of the lasagne crisping up. A casserole is essentially a French baking dish more suited to recipes using more liquid than a lasagne.

It's true, though. Lasagna is a time consuming and expensive food that required it's own dish. When the Italians originally invented lasagna, it was reserved for wealthy merchants in the North. It wasn't until it reached the South of Italy, that people were just making it lackadaisically with ricotta in a cheap tin pot in the fireplace. Then Americans ruined it by making it into this cheap casserole with real cheese instead of rich bechamel. Furthermore, they made vegetarian casserole and called it lasagna.

>America
>real cheese
kek.
Putting any cheese in lasagne is literally soccer mom: the recipe.

The thing is tho is that popular dishes evolve, and that you don't prefer those other versions doesn't make them not lasagna. It's like saying margherita pizza is the only pizza, an equally cringey assertion.

Italian reporting.
Some cheese on the top for flavor is okay. But that's it.

The worst thing I ever saw or tasted relating to lasagna was when I was an exchange student, and my host mom made lasagna for my first dinner in the US and put cottage cheese in the filling. I was fucking horrified and disgusted. Worst thing I've ever had to choke down to be polite. Then I found out it's pretty common in much of the US. Wtf.

I'm not sure what soccer mom is, but it's definitely not Italian. It's funny when talking to Americans about authentic Italian cuisine. They think eggplant rollatini, stuffed peppers, and tomato sauces are authentic Italian cuisine. I have to remind them that those all use new world vegetables. Traditional Italians never eat those.

Nice larp

Burger here. I've never seen or heard of cottage cheese in lasagna.

Bullshit.

Every single one uses parmigiano with the bechemel and ragu.

Piss off.

I'm not Italian, and don't even pretend to know everything about Italian cuisine, but I have spent plenty of time in Italy, and brought back a few cookbooks along the way. So here's a funny story:
>get back from one of my trips to Italy, and invite friends over for dinner
>tell them I'm going to make Italian food (since I just got back, and was already missing it)
>serve antipasti to start, they all seem okay with that
>cook Roman dumplings, fish with anchovy sauce, and serve with fennel & escarole salad
>friends all stymied, one of them doesn't believe any of it is Italian food, 2 others complain they thought I was going to make "real" Italian food. Other 2 just eat it and talk about how good it is.
>mfw

Yeah seriously. These anons are retarded. >one thing true Italians are known for is skimping on the cheese

Oh, I guarantee you it's out there. I'd bet you could google that and plenty would come up. Disgusting.

Mmm reminds me of bagna cauda.

You don't read well.

>He doesn't know about European colonization
>he thinks traditional means the same as original
Retard.

You don't know shit about lasagna....except how NOT to make it.

Whatever, dumbass, keep making your cheese and noodle casserole, just don't call it lasagna.

Your dumb ass probably puts beans in it...

>projecting this much

That's not surprising. The pizza threads are amusing as well. While it may have been invented in Italy, pizza was unpopular in Italy outside of Naples until Americans popularized it.
I forgot about the Italian colony in the Americas. I apologize.

If you don't belive that just go read the cottage cheese thread on here. There's a guy posting in that thread about how he mixes cottage cheese into his pasta sauces. People do that shit.

>Global trade is a recent phenomenon
They basically colonized the u.s. anyways

>traditional italians never eat tomatoes

>the Spanish never traded with the Italians.

Modern Italy was founded in 1861 as an almagamation of city and nation states.
All the foods you mention were present in Europe by that time.
You may want to revisit your definition of cuisine as well, it doesn't mean what you think.

Bechamel + Meat + Noodles = ????

I don't know what you're talking about at this point. You can continue to eat their, whoever they may be, cuisine.
Our family keeps tradition. Others don't. It's a preference, user.
The Italians traded with Spain. That doesn't make a tomato Italian.
Thanks for the history lesson, but we have traditions prior to that date. Their presence in Europe doesn't make them Italian. Enlighten me.

Pastitsio
(I don't think I spelled that correctly, oh well.)

Nowhere in this thread has anyone stated tomatoes are Italian.
Nice deflection, though.

>This guy
Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8

People disagreed with me that traditional Italians eat tomatoes. I'm not sure what more could be said of this. By all means, jump on the traditional tomato bandwagon.
Nice reading comprehension, though.

>projecting

Only bitches, faggots, and SJW's use that pretentious term.

Which one are you?

>dipshit can't tell the difference between ricotta and cottage cheese

>Dipshit can't use google

Fuck off retard.

Only cumguzzling roadwhore spastics care about what common words people use. We know what you are.

You should come to my place, I layer lasagna with yellow cheddar cheese

>www.tasteofhome/recipes/traditional lasagna

Jesus.....you're a heathen.
That's not lasagna anymore, it's a pasta and cheese casserole.
To be honest, what people cook for themselves at home is fine, it doesn't really matter. But if you're serving specific dishes to other people, you shouldn't fuck with traditional dishes, it pisses people off.

shame to see trips wasted on such autism

if you're taking money for your food, then maybe I agree with you. However, if I went over to eat at someone's house and they served an otherwise tasty dish with some sort of traditional thing changed, I wouldn't give a shit

Sounds like you're the autist, since you're reading way too much into my post. Of course i mean food for sale, or food for strangers, even, like at a large gathering or group potluck. If I went to my friend's house and they served some abomination, I'd still eat it with no problems, that's just being polite. And if it tastes good, then that's a bonus. Calm the fuck down.

>An internationally appropriated comfort food dish must follow strict standards of authenticity
Is there any better way to spot a pretentious hipster with a last name like Berkowitz, Smith, or Peterson?

And you would be wrong about all those things. Try harder, faglord.

Lol triggered, must have hit a nerve.

>still using the word "triggered"
Did you just come from plebbit, or are you just hopelessly stuck in 2013?

Is this an example of attempted deflection, user?

>Ain't you caught up on all the latest Veeky Forums memes like us cool, real channers? Fuckin reddit I swear.

Unfortunately, it's an accurate assessment of your unchanging capacity for commoner thinking.

Found the new guy.

How can I be accused of using out of date slang and being new at the same time?

You truly have turned on my nuts.

First off, it was a question therefore it cannot be an assessment at all.

Second of all, was my first post in the thread. I don't have a dog in this fight. I just thought I'd point out your obvious attempt at deflection for the other posters here to enjoy. You sure do seem buttmad about something, and now it's getting even worse.

Stouffers uses cottage cheese in their lasagna. Look it up.

Do you have an example of a real recipe and not just shit-tier frozen food?

I was making an assessment of you, which can be based on anything you say, regardless of whether it's a question or not.
And, the fact that I'm replying doesn't remotely mean I'm mad, if that were the case, then that would also mean you're mad, since you continue to reply, as would anyone else who continues to reply. Why is logic so difficult for some of you?

SeeOr just use fucking Google, dumbass.

>I was making an assessment of you,
The backpedaling begins!

>>And, the fact that I'm replying doesn't remotely mean I'm mad
Correct. But the manner in which you are replying does. As you just mentioned yourself people assess other posters by how they write. And that assessment suggests you're pretty buttmad.

>>Why is logic so difficult for some of you?
You tell us, captain deflection.

I like to make lasagne with beetroot and butternut squash. I usually thicken up the bechamel with some grated cheddar because fuck you it tastes better.

>Overly verbose rebuttal in an attempt to stave off the roast fest

Hahahaha lad just hold your L

Actually I make lasagna with bechamel sauce instead of ricotta, since is so fucking expensive and hard to find in my country.

Actually I make lasagna with bechamel sauce instead of ricotta, since is so fucking expensive and hard to find in my country.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, bucko. There was no backpedaling, you just can't accept how ignorant you actually are.

Do you have a hard time with complex sentences?

>being this assblasted that you try to play it cool

Lmaoooooo

Same fagging b2b
Shiiiieeeeet nigga

What the fuck happened to this thread, why can't we talk about lasagna without crashing this plane into /v/-tier shitposting?

No, I'm not british, try again, pumpkin.

>posts some shitty housewife recipe source

Yea, fuck off with that hot garbage.

>why can't we talk about lasagna without crashing this plane

Because of all the butthurt Ameriboo children.

This is why we need flags on this board.

It's called mornay when you add cheese.

bleeding female detected

Wrong again, dumbass.

Lasagna was invented by us English people. Eat you heart out Italy!

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3067455.stm

>No screencap

Already said I'm not british, buttercup...which is pretty much the same thing as a bleeding female.