Look for alternatives

My cooking has de-evolved to NoodleRoni / PastaRoni 6 or 7 nights a week, with a nuked potato occasionally thrown in for variety. Love the convenience and $1 per box. Sick to death of them and need a way out. I'm addicted. Halp!

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dxK7qzePkd4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You need to switch to making your own pasta dishes. Pasta is one of the easiest things to cook, abd there's tons of simple sauces and toppings for pasta that take barely any time to cook. That should be your first step.

Plz gimme some home made sauces that keep the cost under $1 (plus the dab of butter or splash of milk if the box calls for it)?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dxK7qzePkd4

That was literally a 25 minute way to cook what takes 10 minutes LOL

hello wildcats

I've started eating thin spagheetti with fresh pesto like 4 times a week.

Pesto Mk II:
>2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
>250 - 270 grams fresh basil
>1 cup parmeshawn cheese
> 2 - 3 cloves garlic
> 3 tablespoons pinenuts

All these ingredients should cost like $15, but it makes enough pesto for an entire week.

Cook maybe 1/2 box speghuttti and a tablespoon or two of pesto should do the trick.

I like it with maybe 6 inches of a sourdough baguette (this is the fancy part), also spooned with pesto.

he never put the seasoning packet in...

Bump
Still looking for cheap scratch alternatives to the "Roni" stuff

Give it time, Veeky Forums moves slow when it comes to real cooking threads.
In the meantime, answer this, what kind of sauces do you like? Do you like chunky sauces? Smooth? Are sautéed vegetables OK? Tomatoes? Cream sauces? Give us an idea of what you like.

I'm allergic to mushrooms.
That's my only dietary restriction.
If it does not have mushrooms, I haven't met a sauce I didn't like.
>chunky
Yes for sauces and dressings alike
>smooth
Yes
>sautéed vegetables
Yes
>Tomatoes
Yes
>Cream sauces
No mushrooms ;) that being said, substituting cream of celery, for example, instead of cream of mushroom does not always work, bad synergies
For example, I've made cream of mushroom stuff for the senpai and they loved it, even though I cannot taste test.
At their insistence, I used cream of celery instead one time and nobody liked it, most left huge portions on their plate and I ended up ordering a couple pizzas.

I'm allergic to pinenuts. Replacements?

You can either leave them out completely, or replace with a handful of pistachios (my favorite), or walnuts.

So, that leaves you open to pretty much anything except mushrooms. Well, that will make suggestions easier. Also, you are trying to keep things cheap, right? Super cheap, or just normal cheap?

Trying to keep the starch side dish under $2 relative to the $1 cost of the box before adding butter and/or milk.
That's not a cost limit carved in stone, more like carved in hard cheese ;)

I've posted this in other "cheap pasta" threads, and I'll post it again. When I was super poor, a friend of mine gave me this cookbook that was all super cheap recipes that didn't use more than 3-5 ingredients. One of my favorites from that book was a recipe called "End of the Paycheck Pasta".
Basically it's just this:
>1 package spaghetti
>sour cream
>jarred salsa of your choice

You cook the spaghetti as normal. Meanwhile, mix together sour cream and salsa in whatever ratio you like best. Then toss the hot cooked spaghetti with the sauce mixture over low heat until everything is hot and well coated. You can add other stuff to it if you want, but that's the basics. It's pretty tasty as is.

I sour cream and salsa tacos, why not give spaghetti a go?!
Too bad this thread will be gone by the time I try it.
Got any other "end of the paycheck" recipes?

>post the book

I would, but I gave it to another friend of mine a long time ago. I can't remember what it was called. I kept some of the other recipes, though, I'll go see if i can dig them out.

Yeah, i have to go digging for them, but let me see what I can find.

thank you

>I don't like icky mushrooms ewwwwww gross
>I mean I'm allergic

This is one of the most retarded political comics I've ever seen. Why are Americans so politically illiterate and so classcucked?

OBSESSED