Should rice in a paella be crunchy?

Should rice in a paella be crunchy?

I made one just now, I nailed the flavours perfectly but the texture of the rice got on my nerves. It was too crunchy at the bottom. All the recipes say that it should be burnt at the bottom but I fucking hated it.

What should I do?

Make it softer next time

Use fabric softener.

How do I do this. Do I use more water?

Use softer water.

Yes

You're hard.

>Hates crunchy rice

I'm sorry

Stir the rice while it cooks

That's what your mom said last night.

Shouldn't you be cooking the rice in chicken or vegetables stock?

Don't be a bottom feeder.

>All the recipes say that it should be burnt at the bottom but I fucking hated it.

Soccarat shouldn't be burnt

you used hard rice, go buy some soft rice and use that instead

>crunchy rice
personally I prefer the silky smooth texture and taste of smooth rice myself

I told my friend about the soccarat once after I'd bought about 70 quid worth of ingredients to make a paella for me and him. Finished cooking it and hadn't got the crust I wanted, but everything else was perfectly cooked so I served it and went to eat it in front of a movie. Half an hour through the movie I went back into the kitchen to work out where my friend was and he'd had the pan back on the heat for the last half hour trying to get the crust, with the result that all the rice and seafood and other shit was overcooked into a disgusting dry paste. Fucking ocd friends I swear to god

>Socorrat — the rice that gets crunchy and forms a crust at the bottom of the pan.
Huh, I actually learnt something from Veeky Forums

I swear to god I need to start coockalong threads about spanish cuisine. You will learn a lot. Tortilla española, paellas, cocidos.

Also i am canario, where spanish food mets africa and latin america and we have some basic recipes around here really good with cheap ingredients.

Look into mediterranean cooking you fools. Its reaally top notch.

never stir paella rice
just add more water
and leave to rest for the final 5 minutes

Do it! Also I

>Never had paella
>Always want to try making it
>Saffron is overpriced and I don't get mussels and clams in my area

Not to disparage your future thread but the 3 dishes you mentioned are the only ones of note anyway.

if you don't like crispy rice, stir it while it's cooking so it doesn't stick

>What should I do?

Make it the way YOU like it, and top it up with enough liquid to keep it from getting dried out.

No they aren't. user could do pulpo Gallegos, Fabadas de Asturias, morcilla de burgos. Shit he could do a whole thread on all the different types of morcilla. Your ignorance proves why he should make his thread.

use turmeric then, and some deep frozen seafood mix