Which books advocate independence and, indeed, selfishess over groupthink and collective ideology?

Which books advocate independence and, indeed, selfishess over groupthink and collective ideology?

I've come to really despise the way groups (i,.e mobs) pressure everybody into subscribing to their ideology. Just this past calendar year I've been criticized publicly (either aggressively or in a "joking" manner) for:

>refusing to tip at a restaurant
>walking past a woman who was struggling to life her luggage up some stairs
>refusing to sacrifice 9+ hours of my day to support a society I despise
>sleeping on the kitchen & living room floor in my house
>walking suddenly away as someone was saying something to me at length
>taking out a large loan and refusing to pay it back (ongoing)
>trick-or-treating "at my age"
>eating all of the food the old lady at the supermarket was handing out as free 'tasters'
>taking a bunch of bottled water being handed out free at a local half-marathon
>using a public library computer to stream movies
>wearing my bathrobe and slippers to the local grocery store
>reading books for hours in an independent bookshop without buying any
>walking my pet snake with a leash (shoestring) attached
>mowing the lawn at 3:40am

I just don't care, yet I'm punished for not caring by the mob. Which books support my side of the argument in these cases?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/instinctsofherdi00trot
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You care so much, user. You're desperate for attention.

>independence and, indeed, selfishess
>over groupthink and collective ideology

Why must you speak only in terms of such extremes? There is ample middle ground between the two

Middle ground is mediocrity and mediocrity is for plebs

Just the opposite; extremity is failure to deal with life's subtlety and complexity and is the real purview of mediocre thinking

It seems you're just an asshole. If you don't want to be part of society, go live in a cave by yourself.

>If you don't want to be part of society, go live in a cave by yourself.

"No"

Or, how about:

Why don't you come and make me?

What you are actually after are books that advocate autism based on your list of things you do.

>please help me do things without help

That was pretty funny.

Like imaging an Atlas Shrugged style tome about a NEET who just acts like an irreverent dick. It could finish with with a lengthy speech in his dressing gown walking his snake at Wal-Mart.

archive.org/details/instinctsofherdi00trot

This. You're not selfish, you do intentionally anti-self-conscious, dickish things to get a rise out of people

my diary desu

This is actually inspiring.

OP here.

Is this how you interpret all behavior that does not confirm to your ideological framework? Pathetic really.

>>taking out a large loan and refusing to pay it back (ongoing)

Der Einzige und sein Eigentum

You're not independent, user. Go live in the woods instead of being a parasite.
Also, your snake probably needs to live in a proper vivarium, especially if it's not endemic to the environment you live in. Imagine if a giant reptile took your barefoot buck nekkid ass for walks in the Sonora.

OP here. I actually am independent, actually. My mother provides sustenance and a dwelling in which to rest but I see these as a form of almsgiving, much like the money and support provided to monks, seers, visionaries et al. throughout the centuries. Nobody's holding a gun to her head. Nobody is forcing her to work an extra shift on Saturday to make sure we make rent. If she wants to support me, then who am I to refuse? My snake is happy in the fish tank. It never complains or anything. I scrape the leftovers of my dinner in there and it eats every last scrap. I don't know what the Sonora is and I don't see why it's relevant. I take him for walks all the time and he rarely lashes out at anybody.

I'm going to ignore your basement-dwelling lifestyle for now just to focus on your snake:
Your snake cannot talk. He cannot write you a letter to tell you to turn the temperature down and the humidity up.
Your snake is not happy. Do you know why? Snakes can't feel happiness. Or love. Or splendour. Their brains do not produce oxytocin. They do feel emotions. But they don't feel the same emotions that you feel.
If your snake is native to the environment you live in, then you're probably fine taking him for walks. But if your snake is, say, a ball python, or a boa, or any other number of snakes endemic to tropical or desert environments, then your probably doing bad things for your snake's health. Your snake is a cold-blooded creature. You are warm-blooded. Your snake needs more warmth and light than you.
A fish tank is not a vivarium. Get a proper vivarium for your snake.
Do not feed your snake your leftovers. It cannot survive on tendies and yum yums. Read up on what your snake needs to eat and get it some crickets or frozen mice.
The Sonora is a desert. Your snake is living in what I assume is an urban environment, probably with a temperature and humidity evolution did not prepare it to handle. You wouldn't want to wander around the arctic or the desert barefoot, eating frozen mice and crickets, would you?
Snakes are not people. Your pet is not your best friend transmogrified into a reptile. Don't treat the poor thing like you assume you'd want to be treated. Treat it like a snake.
Otherwise, your snake will die early, and it will be your fault.

>Tipping at restaurants

Are North Americans the silliest of Americans?

>Read up on what your snake needs to eat and get it some crickets or frozen mice.

No.

Thanks for this great conversation. I'm smiling right now.