Professor tells the students to just find the required textbook on piratebay

>Professor tells the students to just find the required textbook on piratebay

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/isbn_9780878934041
usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>professor wrote his own shitty custom textbook and requires the students buy it in order to pass the class

>professor uploaded a pirated copy of the textbook to his personal website and encouraged students to download it

How is this only 192KB?

>Professor tells the students that in order to pass the class you need to write the textbook

Anime is low quality shit.

>textbook is mandatory for online quizes

>be me
>first semester at uni
>Differential Equations class
>prof spends the first ten minutes showing us where to get textbooks for free and where the specific textbook we are using is at
>mfw

But it looks really nice.

>professor wrote his own textbook but it hasn't been published yet so he hands out copies that are 300 printed pages with a homemade binding

literally one of my professors

Feels good to not be an americuck.

This so much.

also, he keeps adding new sections to it every year so you have to buy the new book if you take the class and people who had it before now have a shitty worthless book they can't sell to the next class.

No joke actually happened to me. Had to write a chapter.

They do this all the time in eastern Europe. Usually they just hand the .pdfs out themselves.

>1st semester at uni
>diff equations
Should I feel pathetic and my High School only taught AP calc (calc 1)?

Professor writes textbook, then pirates it onto piratebay and requires you download it from piratebay

>Professor requires you to download 5 damn books because X problems of X topic are better for him, or the way X book explains X topic is better than the other.

This is so me

Transfer from state college probably

Even tho I had to get a B in ODE before I could transfer.

btw since you made this thread i can't find this book on piratebay

No, just keep working hard. Nobody ever achieved anything by feeling pathetic

b-ok.org

file is corrupted

>professor offers a cheap locally published book (ring binding) of "his" notes that are actually taken nearly verbatim from a very popular but expensive textbook

It's on libgen.

>professor offers you crack cocaine to sleep with you because youre a young vulnerable woman.

Hot white women witb perky tits on tv's rights!

lossy JPEG compression

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED. ARE YOU NOT FUCKING ENTERTAINED

THE END

>Tfw first semester took precal and failed like a brainlet
>tfw that motivated me to become a math major
>tfw i just finished ODE and made a B

Bouncing back, bois

I was in a class where we had to proofread the Prof's new book, and all the exercises.
It was a lot of work, but the few of us who actually did it learned a lot for our three units of "A".

archive.org/details/isbn_9780878934041

>"Buy this book"
>Proceeds to use the intro chapter and nothing else
Seriously though how do professors get away with this

I assume jpg does a great job compressing large fields of solid colors.

>professor gives everyone the pdf
>tells the class she can give you the ones youll need for her future classes as well

Oh god I have such a physics "textbook". We need to finish going paperless.

Wrong you moron. Read a book before you post again.

JPG still significantly reduces file size with minimal distortion. PNG doing a better job is irrelevant.

So did mine, I just went into Real Analysis

>usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings

You sure about that?

>professor gets super mad because no-one can explain what he's been telling the students

>it's full of mistakes in formulas
Actually we learned a bit because we had to focus on the topic to correct them to be able to use them.
pirated it anyway

My professor from China did this

Honestly that sounds like a good approach. If i was the professor I would make my students do the same thing, but it would all be bullshit. No book coming out whatsoever, its just a test, but it would encourage the students who actually give a shit to find mistakes that I intentionally made, and those who had the balls to correct me would get an A if they didn't fuck up royally at some point, plus a letter of recommendation for grad school if they ask.

I could only get away with it for 3-4 semesters though.

>Professor then sues you for pirating it

>professor says dont use the solution manual
>uses it to grade hw

>professor has a whole system on distributing cracked copies of simulation software discreetly

based

>usnews

>textbook is "optional"
>used for every part of the course

>>>/3dcg/

This is 100% poor third and second world education. Steal from the rich first world.

What a retard, he should have recommended genlib.

If I compress it even more will you let me fuck your sister?

What are the best places for pirating books?

>Professor asks student to manually extract semen orally from his penile organ in order to pass the class