What's Veeky Forums's scientific take on the meaning of life?

What's Veeky Forums's scientific take on the meaning of life?

Go back to lit

Science cannot answer this question beause science is concerned with measurable knowledge and falsification. How do you falsify somebody else's gibberish concept?

By disproving their conditional statements like any other subject. If it's well-practiced philosophy, propositional logic should still apply.

reproduce

To reverse entropy for our lord and creator, the universe
>T. The universe

was Camus a Chad?

Absolutely. Don't tell that.

Watch your mouth you fuck

i like this quote

Starting with a base faith/assumption, you can then develop it into something that may be considered scientific. Say you take some biology and physics, assign some assumption-interpretation-faiths to certain things (we already do this, it is impossible to avoid, just in a highly minimalistic way. A "meaning of life" would probably require assumption-interpretation-faiths beyond that minimalism.). Then, running on those "assumption-interpretation-faiths", using the whole of scientific knowledge, you can construct a model. Although, you could construct a dozens models. Which would be the best model depends on varied standards, one's understanding of the world and life (resulted from: culture, socioeconomic realities, personal experiences, chaos). You could possibly create a model that encompassed all of this and adjusts to each individual, giving them tailor-made meaning. But it being the best model for the purposes of an individual having meaning/purpose, doesn't mean people won't reject it. Especially in favour of inherited meaning (like a religion your ancestors have followed for hundreds of years, for example). Or indeed the general culture of the society you find yourself in, which is no different to religion anyway- you inherit faith and assumptions. But then the model could adjust to all of that anyway, maybe incorporating it directly. Accommodating it, giving it depth and clarity. Science isn't actually concerned with measurable knowledge and falsification, that's a myth. Science is very broad, not restricted to some autistic philosophers' declarations (I'm not speaking of idealism, I'm speaking of the reality of it, science is not uniform or absolutely restricted in anyway. There are principles and guidelines that will provide you with the most success (in understanding/modeling reality) -- not to mention established methodology and rigour that keep a given field all together -- but they're not rock-solid.).

Meaning of life is nothing but a stupid human concept. It's not a matter of science. So the only meaning life can possibly have is whatever random opinion the observer deemed suitable to come up with:

- Nothing
- God
- Any random bullshit ad infinitum, etc

Life is a sandbox. Do whatever you want. Or don't. Think of whatever beautiful theories you can muster. Or don't. Pick lofty goals that you strive for and nobody else gives a fuck about. Or don't.

None of it matters. You'll be dead and gone for good in less than a cosmic blink of an eye, and that's it. Your life doesn't matter, because nothing does. The whole of the cosmos doesn't need to hold any intrinsic value or meaning at all, so why should the life of a fraction of a fraction of a speck of meaningless dust in that cosmos be any different?

>(cont)
To reiterate and elaborate: Life has no meaning. And that's not a bad thing. It just is. You cannot fail at life, any more than you can succeed at it. It's just an experience. So make of it what you will. There are no good, bad, right or wrong ways to have a life. I choose to take that information as a comfort. There are things I value in life, things I study and work hard for, things I strive for. But ultimately they are just experiences, no better or worse than anyone else's. And some day I will end, and those experiences will be gone.

So, enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Make babies and keep them alive until they can have babies.

No reason discussing it because it's just a baseless opinion.

Science is nothing but a human concept, brainlet.

Se we're all going to fail since were not founding our life on reproduction I guess.

True

yes

philosophy is not a science
gtfo

google atheistic nihilism