/comfy/ books thread

Can we get a comfy thread going? What are the best books that you've read which are best described as being "comfy"?
Also, to magnify the comfiness, share your day with us. How are you? Where are you? What are you doing? I hope everyone has a fab day today and reads some quality literature. Pic related, it's what I'm currently doing.

>mfw I'm reading Lord of the Rings and it's a Tom Bombadil chapter

Same
Don't really know if it's boredom or comfyness I'm feeling, but it sure is chill as fuck to try introducing myselft to tea while reading entire paragraphs descripting inane objects.

Anyone has advice for actually liking tea? As in finding it better than hot water with mild flavour

It's like coffee, you need to adjust yourself from your drink being relatively white to black. Tea is better with milk and honey anyways.

Black Beauty by Anna Sewell

why are you trying to like tea?

>adds sugar and cow udder juice to his tea
You are in no place to give tea advice my friend.
pic related

Sugar is shit in general, but tea&cream is patrician as fuck, and I'm saying that as someone who's been drinking "pure" tea most of my life.

>advice
Get good tea.

1Q84 is unironically comfy

I've been reading a lot of comfortable books lately--mostly nostalgic children's books. The Wind in the Willows, The Secret Garden, Anne of Green Gables, etc.

The Summer Book by Jansson is my favorite comfy book overall though.

I'm currently on bed rest, so I've mainly be reading books and drinking lots of water.

Something happened by Joseph Heller

death on the installment plan makes me feel comfy because my life has nowhere near been that miserable

MythAdventures by Robert Asprin.

The Sailor Who Fell From Sea With Grace and A Personal Matter are some of the comfiest shit I've read. Dunno why, something with japanese literature that really relaxes me.

not gonna lie huckleberry finn makes me pretty comfy

i read My Uncle Oswald by Roald Dahl earlier.
he was the fucking best

Alan Dean Foster's Alien novelizations

That was my favorite fun book til I read One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Still up there though.

Infinite Jest is burdo bürdo.

Grapes of Wrath and pretty much all of Steinbeck's books are top comfy

Any of Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey-Maturin series. There's 20 books and every single one of them is the comfiest book I've ever read.

>cow udder juice

It's called milk user

This, though I think Grapes of Wrath is the least comfy of what I've read of him. Top contenders for most comfy would be Travels with Charley, Cannery Row, Sweet Thursday and Tortilla Flat.

Tea is patrician in terms of flavour, but it is an acquired taste. You may be desensitized to flavour from drinking pop. Cut all that out and drink only water and tea. Plain green tea is my personal favourite, I got into the habit by supplementing my water intake with a green tea or two while reading or playing DOTA. Now I'm up to 4-5 green teas a day on average. It has a delicious flavour if you have natty taste buds that aren't constantly blasted with processed food and refined sugar.

T.person who unironically drinks green tea for the taste

Gorgeous prose, rural Greek island in the eve of ww2 setting, patrician conversations between literal patrician landlords, harvest feasts with dancing Greek youths, eccentric apatrids, idle days in the sun, octopus fishing by moonlight, all on an isle of circular time amid a world swept by the currents of ww2.

read on how to brew tea correctly, get a nice tea set, or just a teapot if you don't have much money, buy different teas and brew them the right way, basically try as many different teas as you can, japanese greens are nice to start with I guess, try some oloongs too, and some pu-ehr.
Because it is Veeky Forums, I recommend Book of Tea by Kakuzo Okakura and The Story of Tea by Mary Lou Heiss (haven't read that one though)

We need a special word for that kind of bleak comfiness, when the characters' lives are undeniably awful by any measure but somehow through the writing achieves a level of comfy that light-hearted works cna never reach.

I like to binge eat whilst reading books about people starving. "one day...." is one of my favourite books for this.

proper comfy

I like reading Stephen King inbetween heavier, more involved reads.

Come at me brehs

It's a comfy books thread. Nobody is coming at anybody

Old adventure books for children can be comfy as hell. I found a copy of Watership Down while on vacation a few months back, there's something really pleasant reading about rabbits running around in old timey English countryside, plus each chapter starts with quotes from classic lit.

Add some stevia powder to the tea, the tea somehow maskes the shitty aftertaste of the stevia.