Am I the only one who despises onions? Why do people like them?

Am I the only one who despises onions? Why do people like them?

I like them in very, VERY small concentration

A tiny bit of onion taste goes a long way, I fucking hate when things have too much onion

Yes, you are. Weirdo.

They taste good with a lot of things.

If you don't like onions or garlic you don't know shit about food

>Why do people like them?
Gee...

this desu

Are you eating them like raw apples?

If not you need to end yourself for this opinion

I really try to like them but they will always make me automatically gag every time, especially if they are raw, half-raw, or at least "crunchy". My dad's a French chef and despite trying many things, if some onion lands in my mouth or is not cooked enough, I just have a gag reflex. I can eat everything except onions.

Funnily enough, I found out with a gastroenterologist that I am highly intolerant of onions.

I have no issue with garlic though, except they are becoming a bit overused (in the sense that some people put TOO MUCH of these).

>bait

otherwise, you usually cook them. You don't have to put a LOT of onion. It make dishes that little bit more savoury, Onion in a salad gives it a nice bit of crunchiness, if properly salted.

I like them grilled (and put into something) or small bits in my salsas. I used to hate them when I was younger.
Onion rings are tasty too but you get fucking fat so it's rare for me to eat them.
The only time it's acceptable to eat raw onions like an apple would be a type my friend would eat. They'd be sweet.

what i like to do with garlic is that i like to slice the garlic and sautee it for like a minute.
But i agree, garlic can fuck a dish, but not completely

Absolutely trash. I can't eat even a tiny morsel of one raw and I don't understand why people compare them to garlic.

I LOVE garlic, it's probably my favorite spice/flavor, however onion in raw form is completely inedible for me: if I eat one I'll be tasting it for the next 2+ hours regardless of eat/drink.

Onion powder is doable but cooked onions in burritos or salsa still ruin it for me. The texture and flavor is awful.

I'm sorry but I've spent my entire life attempting to like onions because apparently everyone else does, and I've failed.

Onions are shit and I hate them more than any other food.

Maybe you should git gud.

I've tried and honestly it fucking sucks to hate onions.

I love Mexican as well and it's a fucking nightmare.

I've tried so hard and got so far

but in the end

>reddit spacing

Maybe if you stopped being bad at eating you wouldn't have a problem.

It doesn't even matter

Onions can be prepared to fit anyone's tastes and can be used in dozens if not hundereds of ways that change how they work.

Someone who says they dont like onions isnt aware their favorite foods incorporate the, or they have only had them one way.

this

Adore them

Add so much depth to flavor

I went a few years without any, preparing everything at home. I eat them more regularly now. Red is best.

Back to rlREDDIT

An onion killed my parents in a shady onion race.

I'm sorry for your loss

>adoring a food