Is Himalayan salt a meme or is it actually special? I can't taste the difference

Is Himalayan salt a meme or is it actually special? I can't taste the difference.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D41rO7mL6zM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Iodized salt tastes synthetic.
Sea salt and Himalayan salt don't.
Sea salt has plastic in it.

doesn't it have heavy metals in it?

>Sea salt has plastic in it

Good goy, keep believing the polluted oceans myth.

>Iodized salt tastes synthetic.

I like the metal tanginess of iodine, especially in a hard bread crust. You can grow fond of practically everything. Other people like it in seafood, a big part of the metallic taste of oysters for instance.

Watch this and get back to me with your bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=D41rO7mL6zM

>You can grow fond of practically everything.
Wow, somebody finally realizes this?

>le environmentalism is a toxic liberal agenda meme

Actually kill yourself

It all tastes the same. Cook with kosher or table salt and finish with a sprinkle of Himalayan or other specialty salt for the looks and texture.

Wew lads, that was too easy.

Kys

>Facts don't exist
>Weather called for a high of 78 degrees but it topped out at 75 so science is meaningless
>Don't question me on this because its all just a prank bro!

Do you also have a big salt lamp in your room that purifies the air and removes bad chakra or whatever the fuck you people believe nowadays?

>but you see, I was retarded on purpose

For some reason himalayan salt tastes better for rice balls than regular salt but I don't think I notice it much in anything else.

Not sure, but here's a story. I make a lot of corned beef. Typically, I use counter salt, but I got a great deal on a bunch of fancy faggot salts. Black salts and Himalayan salts. That, with Prague powder and the usual seasonings. When I make it with regular salt, it would come out fine. When I made it with black/Himalayan salt, the brine would stink to the high heavens. Strong, strong smell of sulphuric or rotten eggs. Made for a delicious as fuck corned beef though. Much more earthy in taste.

Basically sea salt and those other salts have trace minerals and other things. So it does affect flavor and isn't just BS.

I knew a stripper who believes in this

Black salt is literally an artificial egg-flavor seasoning made by treating normal salt with sulfur.

KOSHER IS THE ONLY GOOD SALT

Himalayan salt is from Pakistan usually. It tastes slightly metallic (sort of like blood) but its ever so subtle.

it tastes saltier than sea salt to me

How'd it turn out for her?

>its an alt-right cunt gets singled out as a retard episode.

Never gets old.

It's like 50 cents extra at Costco for a large grinder of it vs normal sea salt so I buy it for the neat looks. I usually use it more for a finishing salt or for fried veggies because most recipes ask for kosher salt or regular iodized salt.

Pink salt contains traces of uranium.

I was turned onto Himilayan sea salt by my yoga instructor and it has been life changing.

Just do this. Buy yourself a bottle of this, and a nice vegan meal. Replace your regular salt with H salt, and you will absolutely taste the difference.

H salt, when put on vegan foods, has a chemical reaction and Umami flavors trapped in the salt (which is why H salt is pink).

I know you think I'm bsing... but try it. Thank me later...

Knew. I haven't the foggiest

>H salt, when put on vegan foods, has a chemical reaction and releases Umami flavors trapped in the salt (which is why H salt is pink).

corrected for typo... it "releases" flavors

I am a scientist and this is quite the chemical breakthrough. I'm not sure what gives vegan food a differing chemical property than non-vegan food, but it must be something amazing. Please provide your and your instructor's contact info immediately. I must begin my work now.