How often do you drink your country's national spirit?

How often do you drink your country's national spirit?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/11/08/world/what-in-the-world/canada-denmark-hans-island-whisky-schnapps.html
freehansisland.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

there will be no spirits once the islamic caliphate rules the world

Oy vey

I drink some Tasmanian whisky once a week, it's expensive so it's like a treat.

Rest of the week I drink Scotch or bourbon.

USA. I don't drink a tin of bourbon, but I love aquavit especially in the winter. Does this make me an honorary scandy/cuckold?

manischewitz kosher wine is our national drink.

t. a proud american

Makes you an honorary Minnesomalian

Refugee cum is the Canadian drink of choice.
I milk Jamal nightly and drink his sweet cream.

I don't drink... Tequila. I'm more of a coffee fiend.

>applejack
Not that often, though I cook with it in pork chili.

Is bourbon USA's national spirit?

No. It's applejack. George Washington loved that shit.

On occasion, I picked up a bottle of this, its not too bad compared to some of the other cheap bourbon I've had, but it didn't blow me away.

Tequila, at least once a week. Btw, this saturday is our independence day!

I cant drink hopelessness and despair.

The regular Four Roses is decent. The single barrel is great.

>vodka
like once a month with the boys
>żubrówka
like once a year with the boys

let's see, he drinks four roses bourbon, neat, collects... comic books, and works for Orochi Zilla

That bison is good stuff, I use it to convince fellow burgers that bodka tastes good. Lately I'm drinking Luksusowa, that price to quality ratio is unbeatable.

żubrówka is nice, but I rerely buy it for parties since not everyone likes the distinct taste, while everyone enjoys unflavored vodka either as shots or with a mixer
Luksusowa is good indeed, Wyborowa is another favorite of mine
Monopolowa is kinda overrated though, and definitely overpriced, in Poland at least (might be because it's made in Austria, meaing taxes and so on)

What can I say? I live in hope.

I drink bourbon sometimes, but prefer zubrowka or aquavit if I have to drink liquor.

I'm Canadian so I assume the national spirit would be rye or rye blend whisky. I say I drink it once a year at most.

I do however GUZZLE Clamato in Caesars and redeyes, so I'm very patriotic when it comes to mixed drinks.

t. Negronus Schlomokus

Once or twice a week.

I drink, and eat my cities drink every week

I have that glass.

It sucks as a decanter for whiskey.

I drink pálinka whenever i can

Idk why so many people here in minneapolis pretend to like somalian food. It's fucking disgusting cooking from disgusting people.

>no less than 51%

>I assume the national spirit would be rye or rye blend whisky

Which spirits do you think would best represent a cross-country tour?

I'm living in outback Queensland so I usually hit up Bundy a few times a week.

>maritimes
any kind of overproof rum, with home made moonshine-esque concoctions as a close second
>newfoundland
mouthwash
>rest of the country
I don't know or care

Alberta Premium seems to be the thinking man's rye, but CC seems more iconic.

I may be one of the few people that unironically likes screech.

Never registered with me: what kind of rum is Julian always drinking?

Screech is surprisingly decent considering all the huff they fluff it up with.
I prefer Old Sam but Screech is hardcoded into the Newfie aesthetic.

I don't think they've ever shown it? They put fake labels on everything anyway.

Whenever there is a family gathering or some sort of holiday feast thing, any gathering with loads of food really.

Akvavit is a palet cleanser betweem meals. It's supposed to be sipped, the filthy swedes drink it like a shot though.

Here in Denmark it's common for it to be drunk all times of year, accompanied by drinking songs. There are supposedly 200+ drinking songs.

Either bacardi 151 or plain old captain morgan

tastes like medicine tho

It used to be stomach medicine, so that makes sense. Doesn't really taste like that to me, i guess i'm used to it.

We have another drink called "Dr. Nielsen." People used to say that it doesn't matter what your illness is, Dr Nielsen will cure it, mostly depression and tape worms though.

nytimes.com/2016/11/08/world/what-in-the-world/canada-denmark-hans-island-whisky-schnapps.html

That is Canadian propaganda, don't trust it. Read this instead.
>freehansisland.com/

i guess it's the ingredients. not used to having caraway or dill in a drink. my parents and grandparents loved it so every time i went to denmark, i brought back a couple of bottles of aalborg akvavit

brotherhood

Couple times per year probably.

Screech isn't screech.

Screech is a brand of mid-range liquor.

Real screech is effectively imported moonshine.

Is it Jägermeister for Germany? I hate that stuff.

Korn and schnapps are the national liquors

Not a huge fan of bourbon, but it's in my rotation.
I really enjoy sipping New England rums and pretending I'm a colonist planning to tar and feather the local tax man.

Do you drink your maple syrup hot or cold?

I'm not really a big fan of herbal liqueur. So I just steal Scotlands national beverage instead.

Hungarian or Italian?

Also mead is too sweet, I guess that stuff might count. It's alright as a drink while in the sauna but that's the extent of it.
Guess again.

Finland?

You had a 1/3 chance to get it right by guessing so I guess it's fine.
Sweden.
We more or less share our drinks under the Scandinavian umbrella term

What does it taste like?

I have it occasionally. I prefer bourbon or scotch; mixed drinks are usually made with gin.

I was born in England to Scottish parents. I fucking hate gin, but I love scotch and drink it every other day.

So sometimes.

If I was Italian I'd drink grappa regularly. I'm not though, so no.

I got drunk on sherry while watching "Turn" on Netflix. I'm no redcoat sympathizer but I wanted to feel fancy.

I only drink bundaberg rum when i wanna wake up in a park

Vodka, everyday

Bourbon, allday erryday

England
I drink gin quite a lot.

Every other day poofta

The national drink would be red wine but there are soooo many "national spirits" that I can't choose only one.

Cheap piss water beer? Every day

Almost never, because it's disgusting

>"sherry"
>national

I had a few VBs with lunch today.

I'm relating to a specific comment, not this thread as a whole. Do you know how to converse with ppl?

>Chicken parm on french fries
???

>huge cucumber slices, fucking raw onions, single tomato cut in half--for a salad
pizza joint confirmed

Why do you think I'm on Veeky Forums?

It's actually at a cable ski park.
You can see my wakeboard in the background.

What's a baby seal's least favourite drink?

Cmon man I just left pol to get some variety and this is what I see? When will (((they))) let me find peace

>Alberta
>Thinking man's choice

If Albertans could think, they'd live in Ontario or BC

t. Angry Saskatchewanian

There's something oddly romantic about drinking Kossu out of a glass bottle.

Perkele.

is that vodka?

Almost never drink.

I dont paticulary like gin its just not my forte and their is plenty of other spirits I would choose over it.
However in the past I have infused gin with random fruits growing in my garden such as gooseberries and sloe berries, and it turned out rather well.

Ovens play a significant role in Veeky Forums's subject matter. Are you really surprised to see /pol/ here?

Akvavit on festive holidays.

Pic related about once a year.

Because they are all liberal "educated" people

English and I love gin
although I suppose it's technically Dutch in origin? oh well

Have anyone tried this?

Also because you don't want to make DeShaun Bin Mohammad mad. Can't have him raping another white woman, those damn nazis already have enough ammo against him

Is Crown not a big deal in Canada?

I somehow would have expected it on that map.

Alberta is based but I kind of wish I lived in BC. I don't consider Ontario or anything east of Alberta Canada really. Ontario is pretty disgusting aside from the northern wilderness.

Is the premium version or the regular one. Looks like the regular one and it was my goto drink for long commutes home and pregaming before going out. You can fit an entire 400 yen bottle in half of a coke.

good stuff but check out the single barrel. Probably my favorite bourbon so far.

Crown is the budweiser of canadian whisky, produced entirely for foreign markets. In terms of population, Canada is tiny, so we don't have very large distilleries. Crown Royal is the exception because it's not even made to compete with other domestic spirits, it's just made in huge quantities for export.
Some of it is actually not bad, but the good crown royals are way more expensive compared to other canadian whiskies of the same quality

>Canada is tiny
No

Essentially it is but in Finland it's called "viina" which pretty much just means it's a vodka produced in Finland and has 38% ABV or lower.

I'm not sure anyone actually drinks Crown?
Its big claim to fame was being the only potable (read: flavourless) whisky during prohibition and having cute bags, and they don't even come in the bags most of the time.

It's a whisky for people who don't like whisky, I guess.

As a leaf? never almost never.
As an american pretty much every day.

Fredricton for the win...and the shitty winters.

too often