Who is your favorite fictional villain and why?

Hint: Mine's Palpatine becuase he is literally self-actualized ati-christ archetype.

Other urls found in this thread:

owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/736/1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mine is is Me from my diary desu
I'm intelligent, nihilistic and have a wicked sence of humour

>Villain
>literature
There are no villains in literature, user. I'm not sure why you'd post this topic on this board. Perhaps you'd be more welcome over at /r/books.

But user . . . that makes it Non-fictional

Moby DICK

Okay, lets change the word villain to "antagonist" There, You happy user?

Antagonist and villain are not at all the same thing. But yes, that's better.

Hard to say who my favorite antagonist is, but Heathcliff is definitely up there.

Rodion Romanovich Raskolniko's conscience, because it was the enemy from within who conquered his dark heart and soul. Genius literature OP***

Heathcliff is the protagonist, though

its a fictional story about me and my struggle though NEETdom and video game addition to attain a boyfriend free girl

OP here. Okay I guess a more canonical answer pertaining to literature would be Claude Frollo. No wait . . . Javert. Yeah Javert for sure. What a tragedy

honorable mentions:

>The Judge
>Moriarty
>Satan
>Iago
>Claudius
>Edmund
>Cathy Ames
>Grendel
>You're retarded

Lady Macbeth

kind of closer to ceasar, really.

I especially like the Javert from the Liam Neeson Movie

Yeah, I guess it is hard to consider Star Wars literature because the fantasy elements make it less relatable, but Greek mythology is full of fantasy elemetns and that is considered literature so whatever. Palpatine is the epitome of selfactualization and achieving power.

>He's this much of a pleb
Villian is such a pleb term. You can even sympathize with Satan in Paradise lost. He's just an antagonist. The idea of evil just for the sake of evil is retarded.

Where do you save pictures like this? I have a smileybros folder and a cartoon frogs folder BUT THIS STUPID FUCKING PICTURE DEFIES DEFINITION YOU DUMB FAGGOT I HOPE YOU DIE WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME

I'd say that it really depends on the perspective.

>you can't simpitize with villains!

You are a retard you doesn't even knoe what he is talking about. For yours and for others' sake, don't post anymore.

You're starting to sound like someone who is beginning to realize that he doesn't know very much about literature, and instead of admitting his mistakes just flings his fists around in a desperate attempt to validate his shitty opinion. You will never see anyone who is serious about literature use the term villain, because it's retarded.

I seemed to have unexpectedly facilitated a debate on the subject of "villains" in literature. Maybe this would make for a good definitional or evaluative thesis according to stasis theory.

owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/736/1/

It's not, you pretentious cunt.

Shylock and Malvolio are comic villains, Fuenteovejuna is the villain of its play, Iago and Macbeth are villains.

Before attempting to be knowledgeable about something, try to present examples and arguments. Saying "it's retarded" just makes you look retarded. And, wouldn't you know, it works wonders.

I especially like Javert from the anime.

Must be inspired by it.

Me? I'd choose Gregory Berrycone

Ellsworth Toohey, because he almost took over the world by pushing cultural marxism.

Yes! somebody else who tells why! that makes what? 2 people?

This guy

...when you finally realise that this guy is the true villian, and the enemy you've been struggling against all along is just a dream

My favourite villain is TIME

> Red Eye

Villains are just heroes of another story

Mine is Palpatine because the nigga shoot litning

Fair enough.

ROT IN HELL YOU NIGGER

d-do you have more ?

perhaps

>this patronizingly pedantic
>preferring heathcliff

mein gott, i am so glad to not be 16 still

thanks

What about Sydragolov?

Steerpike

>Arkady Ivanovich Svidrigailov
>Count Olaf

This is a shitposting thread but you are a solid lad

In that case . . . 'Life' in The Sorrows of Young Werter is my favorite.