Why do women have such plebian taste in books?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/author-rank
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why do men? Because women and men are largely plebs.

Inferior intellect evolved from generations of being the child-rearing sex.

Gender norms desu

You know, I usually agree with most unpopular opinions when it comes to women, but this isn't something that is gender exclusive. Most men have exceptionally plebeian taste in literature too. There are even plenty of people on this board who read shitty fantasy and science fiction novels

All the activities that women do are but affectations. They only read because they think it will make them seem intelligent. They are not actually interested in BEING intelligent, so they are okay with reading garbage.

You ever met any women anons?

hole

Yes. I've had several girlfriends and the experiences with them have really only reinforced my belief that women have the minds of children.

My gf is a pretty big dostoevsky fan but i know what you're saying

I think grills just don't have as much of a hungry drive for provocative lit/films/whatever like men do, so they're capable of patrician taste but it usually doesn't extend past bronte or austen

Probably a hormone thing

this is more common with men

Yeah? I was almost married to one. Not sure what that has to do with my post, though.

True for some: I knew a girl that was like this. She would insult people if they hadn't read a certain book yet, while saying things that showed a poor understanding of said book. I've also met women that are genuinely interested in being intelligent, though. They're out there.

I'm making my woman read the Greeks

I pondered this question while tripping on shrooms this morning. I have the answer. The reason is that men generally enjoy more provocative media when compared to women. And most women find anything provocative unattractive.

name 1 woman you've ever actually known and been friends with besides a relative

Katie.

My mom is patrish as fuck.

She also owns and has read every single book Stephen King ever wrote tho.

>when your mom is a Proust scholar

Meh, that's a cultural thing.

Back in the late 70s and 80s, they had stephen king books ads all over tv, so that's just what everyone bought to make it look like they were cultured.

Depends on your definition of proactive, but I'm going to assume "requires more attention"

Women want literature (or art in general) that makes you feel and men want literature that makes you think and feel.

>trust me on this, I'm an expert on women after taking the redpill

She was only born in 1980 so I don't think that would have effected her. I think she just sincerely really likes Stephen King.

wow, she had you young then. Like stephen king and is a serious whore....

That's not nice.

I like lovecraft and Chambers

It's a generalization.

The proof is in what's popular for women, romance novels, drama, simple text and stories, fantasy. It's really common sense.

Unlike men and their love for the quality intellectualism of sci-fi, fantasy, thrillers and thinly veiled political propaganda.

The true redpill is realizing that most people from both genders are subhuman garbage

No, men read brain things and women read fee fee things because their simply inferior

>/pol/: ironic nazis
>Veeky Forums: actually nazis

Star Wars has more depth to it than The Notebook

Very, very few people read "brain things".

amazon.com/author-rank

I haven't watched either. They look about equally lowest common denominator-tier

That's not bury nice.

Hana-bi would be considered genre-trash if it was a book.

Star Wars is immensely popular among women and also not a book.

Women only pretended to like it.
refer to Women can't enjoy anything authentically (except manipulating, stealing, cheating, and destroying white culture)

Because everything they do is in some way derivative of some male counterpart interest, of which it ends up being a pale/parodistic reflection

women don't need to be well read

They're both terrible.

>there are plenty of Star Wars novels

This is the truth. The push for females, and everyone in general, to be "intellectual" and independent is what's destroying out culture. The world has always been better off when only an elite few pursued intelligence.

Why would anyone pretend to like Star Wars?
Not to mention it's been a mega blockbuster franchise since day 1. People of every walk of life have been enjoying Star Wars since forever and that's well attested to in the money it made.

>Women can't enjoy anything authentically (except manipulating, stealing, cheating, and destroying white culture)
What's with all the hate?

>Why are you posting what would be an otherwise normal sentence as greentext?

>What's with all the hate?
Hatred of minorities and women is integral to the redpill.

>plebian

That doesn't sound like very much fun.

This is true.

Incentives that lead to the pursuit of knowledge are not as sincere, nor as self-contained as before. We have commodified intellectualism to such a degree that right now I feel the need to come up with a clever comment that defends my stylistic choice for the word commodified so that it exempts me from value judgements from certain individuals.

This user speaks the truth.

Who cares? You're suppose to fuck them... not have intelligent conversations about literature with them.

> i used "but" gais, notus mi, am poetik nao XD

how can one be this dumb?

Sasha so hot and is a milion times more successful than any of you. Her book is a best seller!

She's also had a million times more dick than the average girl. Not really something to be proud of.

I agree with this. I know a few women with very sophisticated tastes in literature and they aren't just paying lip service to intellectualism. I'm convinced all you r9k fags saying women are inferior in this thread are kissless virgins.

This isn't bad. It should include self-hatred to be truly wise though, i.e, we're not such nice-smelling fellows ourselves.

If her nose was a little thinner desu

Or you're just the type of guy who can only land a childish woman

I talked to this really perf girl on a dating site who lived across the states from me. Into really fucking great music, read Dostoevsky, liked great filmmakers like Tarkovsky. She gave me her address to write her a letter, and I blew it by putting it off too long, now its been like 8 months since she gave me her address. She did give me some motivation to write about 30% of my book. Hopefully I can fire up some more motivation to finish the other 70%.

Maybe someday you'll fire up the motivation to write that fucking letter to her you autist.

>t. Emmanuel Macron

Fiction is for plebs. Non-fiction and textbooks are for patrician minds only. Debate me.

Because we're more insecure than men, and we don't need to read a lot to seem interesting.

But mostly because I'm insecure.

By "great music" you probably mean plebshit like Coil or Swans. And lmao at reading Dosto being impressive

Women really don't need to do anything, do they

>Women really don't need to do anything, do they
What have you done?

you don't need to read a lot to seem interesting because you have a pussy and that makes you as interesting as you're ever going to be until after sex

I fail to see how being insecure causes one to gravitate towards plebeian literature.

met your mom for a quickie last night

i got into Caltech

It's something lower than plebian taste desu.

Yes beta, just give them harmless fun free of charge

They are too busy manipulating and lying. Prefer crosswords.

Ah yeah I love reading. erminds me of how dumb women are and how much I hate them. Any other readers out there hate the retardde women?

it's their small brains and small skulls

because the quality of the books isn't important to them, having a colourful bookshelf is

>I like Lovecraft
Literally nothing wrong with this. Beyond the "le epic cthulhu madness xD" he is patrician af.

Ive fucked about 40 women by now and besides the ones I had hard feelings for Ive always felt dread/shame/uneagerness post and sometimes mid coitus just because they werent as intellectual as I am. Only very few of these women appeared intelligent but they reveal their true pleb form soon enough for my dick to go limp.

Yeah, I also read all the time, and I'm really smart and have sex a lot. And my limp cock that doesnt work is just because of how stupid women are too.

I prefer women to men. I'm just more comfortable around them. I think it's oedipal desu.

pol isnt ironic user

/pol/ aren't Nazis anymore either.

They're unironic neoconservatives.

Women are really scary desu.

try tongue but hole

Lovecraft is my go to comfy author

>plebshit like Coil

are you fucking serious

With women I don't feel like I have to compete like I have to with men

Men are the most fee. See the cannon.

This.

why do men smell so bad?

I can relate.

>besides a relative
So tastes are a culture thing?

Because they don't need to be smart or cultured to be accepted and don't care about mentally bettering themselves.

Because you kiss them on the peepee

I think if you made a list of priorities for women, being smart would not be at the top for most. As a result they are perfectly content reading material that doesn't enhance or contribute to their thoughts. They view reading similar to reading teen vogue or some blog.

just conjecture tho

>that library
>literally (L I T E R A L L Y) none of those books is worth reading

WHY? WHY WOULD YOU IT?
Does she even realize how fucking retarded reading that shit is? Does she realize how much actual knowledge ahe could have gathered by reading as many worthwhile books as she did with YA trash? She could have been a actually erudite intellectual at this point, but no, let's read "book about a teenager fulfilling a prophecy in a fantasy context #39".

I won't ever understand people like the one in the pic posted by OP. Do they EVER think deeply about what they're doing?

>With women I don't feel like I have to compete

Well you do have to compete with women. In every single endeavor.

Are you really dumb or just a woman?

Neither. I just wanted you to know that your feelings don't matter.

I agree, but I'm not that guy you first replied to. You're still dumb, dumbo