When do vegetables get delicious?

When do vegetables get delicious?

They don't.

When you put them in your mouth.

EnChoy your meal!

mmmmmm crunchy water

After you go to college and spend 4 years listening to a liberal professor teaching you that white people are the devil, you'll eat stuff like "buk choy" and "kang kong" to show how "tolerant" you are. Usually cooked with strong, noxious smelling foods like garlic and/or onions.

Source: sister went to college, now she eats stuff like this. With chopsticks, of course. Because forks are racist.

When they get combined with meat or lathered so much in spices that they no longer taste the way they do.

Vegetables try to warn you not to eat them with their horrible taste.

I'm asian, retards.
My favorite vegetables are bean spouts, broccoli and cauliflower.

Always?

When you learn how to cook them, it's not like you can cook broccoli like you cook a steak (which I love), you gotta add some flavors too. Garlic and onions are not mandatory in any way, just cook em in a Pan with oil, pepper at strong fire, add some cheese if you want, or make em gratin in the oven, find the ones you like the most it's not like you gotta eat every single veggie on the planet

/thread

Some vegetables taste great alone
Onions, broccoli, cauliflower, onions
the rest are gross

>Onions, broccoli, cauliflower, onions
your forgot onions

>Onions, broccoli, cauliflower, onions
But aside from garlic I cannot think of more disgusting vegetables than those
Maybe ginger I dunno. The hipsters have been putting it on everything lately, but I don't go to those overpriced meme restaurants

>fat man in a cloud of sulphur farts everywhere he goes detected

When you grow up

when you consistently eat them and dont eat much trash food
>pro tip
when eating vegetables in a liquid based meal, use stock. as a side use salt and other seasonings to get used to flavour and texture
also. grow up you manchild

If you want an actual answer, when we're younger our taste receptors are less developed because our brain is still growing (and will be until we're about 20). Kids can't into bitter correctly, it just tastes like POISON to them, which is why kids often hate veggies and have to be forced or tricked into eating them. Well, that and a generation of terrible American cooking habits but that's another subject. As we grow older we're more able to detect nuance in flavor and appreciate bitters more, so veggies become more desirable.

Thanks for falling into stereotype. Can I get some of this?

No, have some stir fryed sambal kankong instead.

>Kids can't into bitter correctly, it just tastes like POISON to them
I liked vegetables just fine as a kid and didn't need to be tricked. I hated mushy overboiled vegetables, but I liked them when they were properly cooked.

Kids will sometimes shy away from trying unfamiliar things the first time, after that it is no longer unfamiliar. The problem is there are a lot of parents who buy into pop sci nonsense like "kids are predisposed to hate vegetables" based on exaggerations of some biological principles taken out of context. White trash, garbage parents, whose own parents abused them with boxed food growing up. So naturally their faces telegraph their own fear and anxiety when serving a vegetable to a child, and then they wonder why the child picks up on this fear. Then the resignation and relief washes over mommy's face as she stuffs little Connor's face with Hostess snack cakes and little Connor picks up on this and understands that it's good to eat. And thus a new generation of fatties is born, with enough "genetics" to keep the next generation of McDonalds franchises in business for decades.

8/10 bait

I like mushy vegetables as an adult.
Fuck raw and crunchy vegetables.

>Kang Kong

They already are, child.

WE WUZ KONGS

When you grow up

When you eat less sugar. It nukes your palate.
Cut back and see how much better subtle flavors are.