Fish dish general

The best way to eat fish is sashimi.
Agree or disagree.

Best way to achieve most vitamins and microelements of uncooked fish - surely. But cooking fish is an art, still, fried, boiled or smoked.

Eat the raw fish, it's a 10!

Not sashimi in particular but yes, raw fish is boss

b-but parasite

anyone know how to counteract the fishy taste of fish? What types should I eat and how?
I used to eat raw salmon only, but now that I moved inland it is hard to get fresh salmon so I am playing it safe and stop eating.
anyone got any Bouillabaisse recipies

It depends on the fish, but for things like salmon and tuna, yes sashimi is the best

>anyone know how to counteract the fishy taste of fish?

Yeah, get fresh fish. Fish should never taste "Fishy"; that's a sign of spoilage.

I disagree, though it's almost my personal favourite way to eat it, and is the way I eat it the most.
But, it does depend on the fish as well. But, I do like tataki which is like sashimi but with a sear with ponzu. My all time favourite fish dish is seared ahi tuna with an avocado sauce. But fish like mackerel (king fish,etc) I prefer fully cooked.

Agreed. Also:

>Grilled or seared
Trout, tilapia, snapper, swordfish.
>Battered and fried
Catfish, haddock, flounder, pollock

Am I missing anything?

Guess which country, fu/ck/s.

singapore/malaysia, and this pic is utter disgrace to said country's best dish.

i've seen better curries than that piss water the fish is swimming in

maybe not the best pic, but that's not a curry, you're around 10.000 kms away from the correct answer

>has never ate fish he caught himself.

My mother would eat fish, but only if it didn't taste fishy.

If I'm not mistaken, my father would either soak the cleaned meat in water or milk over night, and change the liquid out once or twice to help take the fishiness out.

> not curry
>color of tumeric is on the fish

nice bait, mate

well, i guess you can call it a curry, there are similarities, but it has nothing to do with any Asian cuisine, it's a traditional food in a small EU country

there are no tumeric in it

traditional EU country food eh?

would it by chance be called ....
lesbian?
tranny?
cum in pussy?
i know i must be pretty close if yurops can name a traditional dish as faggots

>lesbian?
>tranny?
Aren't these Californian specialties, my dear americu/ck/?

I know that there's no such thing in the US what you can call a tradition just yet, you will get there in a thousand years.

Depends on the fish. I love sashimi, but I don't think just any fish is good as sashimi. Salmon, for example, I don't like as sashimi. I think it's better when made into salted salmon and broiled. I love yellowtail sashimi, but Hamachi Kamal (grilled yellowtail collar) is one of my favorite foods. The best sashimi, imo, is Aji, Otoro, and Hamachi.
Also, I fucking love Halibut in a light lemony butter sauce, and Salted Mackerel. Also, I'm addicted to eating pacific white anchovies out of the can (better than sardines, and not as strong the european anchovies. However, I also refuse to make a tomato sauce that doesn't include European/Mediterranean anchovies.
tl;dr depends on the fish.

>americuck

lol, try again, i am more than 10000 km from your guess, just as you said

Parasite r for shitlibs. GET IN HERE

Well, those sexual orientations are common in Thailand too.

No, it's a chemical produced in the gut bacteria of aquatic animals, trimethylamide.

Hungary?
Carp tastes like swamp shit water, fight me.

winner, the dish called fisherman's soup or "halászlé" in Hungarian

some carp do taste bad, others don't, it depends on the season too, being a freshwater fish, when it's colder, it tastes much better usually

Fish served raw by law must be frozen and thawed to kill parasites

Gravlax superiority up in this bitch

>hungarians on Veeky Forums
We can make Veeky Forums great again.

Probably my favorite way for salmon.

Part II of What cooking methods empower the fishy taste?
Raw fish tastes fresh and is mostly texture, but grilled fish feels like being punched by seaweed on every chew

Acidic things counteract the taste, but the amount of lemon per bite I need to make is manageable is ridiculous.
However, I remember eating and liking fish tacos (fish fillet in a tempura-like batter), fried whole mojarra and breaded fish

Maybe my problem is "caramelization" and not the meat itself. Today I am making a Bouillabaisse to test recipes. If I don't like the taste then I have some schwarzbrot to drown the taste
But in that case a guttered and clean fish should not have that scent