How many pages have you fags read this year? Also goodreads bread

How many pages have you fags read this year? Also goodreads bread.

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/user/show/40786105-oliver-bagshaw
veekyforums.com/thread/9428773/literature/how-many-pages-have-you-fags-read-this-year-also.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>1319 pages
So you only read for the first couple weeks of the year and then stopped?

Step it up fampai. Having already read 4 thousand-paged tomes and another thousand page collection of short stories this year helps too

Almost done with brothers k and COMC, so once I finish those my page count will be more accurate

FUG

blaazze it

4x that

>goodreads
If I wanted to read feminist reviews on books I'd just look to tumblr

6566. I relapsed in March and did nothing but watch animu for a few weeks.

Sadly enough, this is the happiest I've been with my reading rate in years, since I'm on track to hit 52 books. One book a week is what I consider the absolute minimum acceptable number, but I haven't hit that number for years now. And I'm betting that, at some point this year, work is going to get busy and I'm going to fall behind and never catch back up, but fuck it, for now I'm okay with things.

Only 9338

Like,, maybe 5, or 6 right now. my dude

Damn how do you guys read so much?

is a mentally ill german novella connoisseur for whom the autism meme is only too real.

slow start this year I hope to beat my 2016 record tho

About 3,000 so far. A lot of illustrated books though.

I'm not Sebastian

What went wrong?

Pretty good,considering I expected less than OP's number.

I thought the same thing and checked. Sebastian has already read nearly double that.

You all are really that slow? 1500 a month barely amounts to a book a week. It's almost May...

But also, page count is a terrible indicator. Both quantitatively (words/page) and qualitatively (1 page of Hegel = how many pages of Sinclair Lewis?)

About 8k, this year has been going slow because I'm almost exclusively reading non fiction.

>a book a week

Im at 15 books with around 5800. 1500 is like 4 books

I have problems man.

Do you think Veeky Forums actually reads? I spend here like 15mins a day, I live alone, have a full time job and this is my list , this board just shitposts all day.

>He read Sorstalanság
>Experiencing a country's literature through a jew
At least read a good hungarian jew.
Like Karinthy Frigyes.

Majd ha kinősz az értelmetlen antiszemitizmusból akkor beszélhetünk.

>implikálni hogy antiszemita vagyok
Azt nem mondtam hogy zsidónak lenni rossz. De akkor is
>holokauszt könyv
Engem nem érdekel az ajvékolás.

>nem antiszemita
>lenézi a könyvet csak mert a holokausztról szól

Fogalmad sincs mekkora írói tehetség volt Kertész és soha nem is fogod tudni mert nevetséges előítéletek miatt hagysz ki könyveket, a téma csak azért érdekes mert pontosan úgy adja elő mint valami teljesen hétköznapi dolgot, semmit nyavalygás nincs benne, végtelenül távolságtartó Kertész az egész könyvben.

Not many, been a slow reader this year, partly because I'm trying to keep myself more productive and write more.

Read 4 books out of 20 so far.

Other GoodReads thread seems to have delved into conspiracy theories so reposting my page here:

goodreads.com/user/show/40786105-oliver-bagshaw

Please be kind, no bully, thank you.

Ezt iróniának veszem

Nem is fogod

Akkor mehetsz vissza pepeket shitpostolni, többre úgysem fogod vinni soha.

>törölte
Viseld el a hibáidat köcsög!

Csak a holokauszt könyve miatt híres te barom.

Im about to finish Anna Karenina. Been reading it for months (Oct/Nov last year). I need to stick with short stories for a bit. It's been my biggest reading slump in 4-5 years.

What do you think of Anna Karenina? Sometimes the most time consuming books are the most rewarding imo

I am quite new to regular reading (started sometime around June last year) but think i am doing fine with my progress

>doesn't even have the willpower to finish the best novel ever written

you are not gonna make it kid

I'll just leave this here
>veekyforums.com/thread/9428773/literature/how-many-pages-have-you-fags-read-this-year-also.html

It's the second time I've read it. I love the book and it's one of the best I've ever read, and reading it over a long period of time means I got to think about the book quite a bit. So in a way I'm not too upset about the slump, but at the same time I'm ready and anxious to move onto a new story.

ehhh

what the actual fuck

So you read about 750 pages everyday on avarage in 2016?

>Not knowing who Sebastian is
You're new here, you'll come to terms with the fact that there are some people who read more in a year than you will in your entire lives.

What makes people think he actually reads all of those books?

because he has the 'tism so it's believable

>5000+ club.
lads are we mediocre or ahead of the curve?

Great thread

Only 3202. I didn't read anything between the start of february and the start of this month.

Is goodreads worthwhile if all I want to do is track what I'm reading? Right now I just use a spreadsheet that has title, author, date started, date finished, publisher, isbn, and page count. I don't like rating books or anything like that.

Zero

yeah its bretty good for that stuff. it'll show you all the stuff you just listed automatically as long as you log as "read" and mark the date started and finished.

Is there any convenient way of importing existing data? I don't have that much, I only started tracking my books in January, but I don't really want to manually put it in.

Who gives a shit how many pages or books you've read. This thread is on par with those "bought books" threads. Just fucking worthless middle-school tier shit man.

T. I just come here for memes, I can't participate in this when I don't actually read.

Keep it up!

My pages are probably pretty bad for the year. I read a lot but have been chewing on Aristotle. Spent 3 hours reading Aquinas' commentary on the Physics today and only read like 40 pages.

0. Nada. Niet.

I have a plethora of books from fiction to non-fiction and I am unable to decide what to read.

where do I find this?
I'm tech illiterate

I hope you weren't trying to brag there.

Ahead, we're all going to make it.

kussoljatok mindketten

Goodreads website

My Books tab

On the left side, select stats

Then pick whatever you want, by pages, by books or by publication year

>goodreads bread
Has nobody learned anything from the scandal yesterday

?

How many pages do you guys read per day?

I read 40-50pages a day. So that will be somewhere around 14k pages.

Do you even read?

>(1 page of Hegel = how many pages of Sinclair Lewis?)

Good point.

In I forgot to mention that I mostly read philosophy.

+ unfinished books (~2000 pages)

are there any sites better than goodreads?

read the entirety of in search of lost time, crime and punishment, middlemarch, journey to the end of night, some shakespeare and poe in between. Abortive attempt of Houllencq. and some others I can't remember atm. how many pages?

pretty average pace for me

Huh, it's now showing properly for me. It's ays I've only read 3, while I've rated at least 20 books this year..
Is this because I never put them in my 'currently reading'?

About to finish Women and Men, Finding a Form, and Autobiography of Red as well, so I'm making pretty good progress. Those dense books slow me down, but The Familiar is basically cheating with how quick they read.

50-100 depending on the density of the novel.

is about 15 hours of reading time normal for a book of 400 pages?

Around 2300, but that's only the books I've finished.

i think this is about okay. i'd like to be reading more but I think I need to work my way up

A History of Philosophy 4 by Frederick Charles Copleston
The Plague by Albert Camus
Meditations and Devotions by John Henry Newman
Summa Contra Gentiles by Thomas Aquinas
The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales by Oliver Sacks
Butcher's Crossing by John Williams
Ethics and Politics by Alasdair MacIntyre
Saved in Hope by Pope Benedict XVI
Demian by Hermann Hesse
Apologia Pro Vita Sua by John Henry Newman
Discourse on Inequality by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Apostolic Fathers III. by Anonymous
God is Love by Pope Benedict XVI
Where is the new theology leading us by Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange
Last Testament by Pope Benedict XVI
The Master of Mankind by Aaron Dembski-Bowden
Apostolic Fathers II. by Anonymous
Apostolic Fathers I. by Ignatius of Antioch
Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville
A History of Philosophy 3 by Frederick Charles Copleston
The Essential Schopenhauer by Arthur Schopenhauer
The Culture Industry by Theodor W. Adorno
Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska by Maria Faustina Kowalska
The Metaphysics by Aristotle
Edith Stein Meditations by Edith Stein
The Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe

Comes to 7-8k pages I guess.

probably closer to 7-9

veekyforums get out

hello pinky

having an okay year

>the more pages i read, the more Veeky Forums will respect me, r-right?

I know this is a circle jerk over pages read, but I was wondering if anyone can recommend some prose heavy contemporary novelists. Solid bookstore down the street opened but it's all new stuff. Think I should try some new shit.

All work and no play makes a croat a dull boy

Fantastic shit

About to finish Book of the New Sun and Hamlet tomorrow.

How many pages do you read a day and, more importantly, what the fuck do you do on a daily basis?

Hello random person.

>I'm a pleb who can't read more than
50 pages per day so I think everyone who does is trying to impress anonymous people on the internet

>How many pages do you read a day and, more importantly, what the fuck do you do on a daily basis?
I go weeks without reading and i read as much as him. When you are reading a shit book you tend to drift towards fitness, vidya, tv, social life

100 pages a day give or take 5 or 10 if I'm near the end of a chapter. If I don't have time for that, I don't read it all, which is usually about twice a week. Still makes for a pretty-looking average

Also what about whe reading bad books I tend not to read at all those days or haphazardly pick up another novel which in the long run turns out more harmful than beneficial