If we gave students access to amphetamines and the right training, could we create the next Erdos?

If we gave students access to amphetamines and the right training, could we create the next Erdos?

Pic : white to play and checkmate black. Black's pawns are moving toward the bottom

>If we gave students access to amphetamines and the right training, could we create the next Erdos?

I seriously can't fathom Veeky Forums's obsession with Erdos's ampethamine usage. Maybe it's because you guys still think nootropics are actually scientific and not just homeopathy for nerds.

Yes, he took a shitload of speed. But so does the average tweaker. This is survivorship bias at its finest - 99.9% of the time, excessive amphetamine abuse turns people into dysfunctional drug addicts.

>white to play and checkmate black
Tap 4 plains, "Wrath of God".

How the fuck does that puzzle work, there isn't a single point that I can see where a checkmate can occur without moving the king, engine gives nothing. I'm super curious.

kek, what a brainlet

Just push the black king to the edge of the board with your queen, he can't move any of his other pieces so eventually he has to move into check and loses.

nice bait

>Black's pawns are moving toward the bottom
Blacks pieces are trapped, dummy. It's impossible for white to lose.

This is the kind of puzzle which is made to fool engines.
I think you first capture the pawn on a2, then use the Queen to lead Black's king to the queen's flank. The final position will be Ka3 Qb6, to which white will move Qb5, black will be forced to move his king to a2, to which will follow Qa4#

G5

If black has no legal moves left it's a stalemate, not a win for white

i trolled you lmao

Yeah, I got that. It's an interesting idea but I'm not sure if you can force all that.

Here's one from me, white to move and win

move the king up + left, puts the other king in checkmate

U trold me :^)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Lolwut

EPICALLY TROLLED LMAO

I think you can
also Kg6 a3 h6 a2 h7 a1Q f6 looks lost (Qg1+ Kh5)

>99.9% of the time, excessive amphetamine abuse turns people into dysfunctional drug addicts.
[citation needed]

wtf this is impossible. you can't move white's king because black is going to turn his pawn into queen.

when you took his pawn with your queen where did his king go? did you check all 5 possibilities?

Somewhat close but no cigar

Queen to -----> C3, (covering E1)
King to ----> F2
Queen to ----> H

Thats what I would try, might be BS tho :)

lol
QG5
KH2
QG4
KH1
QG3 checkmate

that's called stalemate

chess rules were a mistake

>you've forced me into a sequence that results in my loss, therefore it's a draw

>game is won by a checkmate
>I didn't checkmate you, so I win
2/10

You can get checkmate if you can take the pawn on a2 and then force the black King to a2 and check him on a4. Start by moving the Queen to g2 so Black can't move the king in to the corner, then just force the king to move around with the queen until you have he king out of the bottom right corner and can also take the pawn.

That's against a retarded computer. Show me a forced win if black king just tries to stay on the h file. You can't force the king out of the a1 corner.

>I didn't checkmate you, so I win
But "stalemate" inevitably results in checkmate if "allowed" to play out. It's an unnatural and unnecessary rule.

no, amphetamine has very miniscule effect on your cognitive ability and long term makes it worse since it's neurotoxic
amphetamine is very useful as a reinforcement drug, i.e. take it only while studying or working on papers and you will retain more information
but retaining information is not very useful in mathematics if you want to make a breakthrough

No it doesn't you moron
Checkmate me here you mouthbreather

You're an actual retard.

Any move by black. Inevitable checkmate.

funny you should mention that. Shatranj, the ancestor of chess, did have stalemate (and even bare king) as an instant win. So does Chinese Chess.

European chess didn't add the stalemate draw until 1422, before even the bishop and queen got their long-range moves.

>no legal move
>even if Kg8 was legal you can't checkmate with a knight
Holy fuck what a brainlet

If black is to play: Any move loses.
If white is to play: King to H6, and black again has no non-losing moves.

No citation needed, just look at your mom.

If black is to play: Stalemate
If white is to play: Stalemate

Inb4 "I was merely pretending"

>I am autistic and don't understand hypotheticals, please be patient

neat puzzle. This is the right idea:
but you're right that you can't force the K to the left once it gets to the bottom right corner. So first, you have to go Qg1 and walk the king up the board (I think Kh6 is sufficient) then move the Q to take the h2 pawn.

Now you can walk the K up to the back rank, and use the Q to ratchet it over to the left file (Kb8 Qa6 Kc7 Qb5 Kc8 Qb6 etc.). Then walk the K back down to the 3-rank, then walk it back to a3, finishing Kb3 Qd4 Ka3 Qb6 Ka4 Qb8 Ka5 Qb7 Ka4 Qb6 Ka3 Qb5 Ka2 Qa4# If you do this right, there probably are no checks until the final checkmate.

I am the mom, don't weigh a ton

I'm thinking along the lines of getting h8 then trapping blacks queen with f6 with "zugswang" or whatever it's callef

1. Kg6 a3 2. h6 a2 3. h7 a1Q 4. h8 Qxh8 5. f6 a3 6. Bh2 and hes fucked?

Pretty sure you can herd the king wherever you want him to be from the start.

[Variant "From Position"]
[FEN "6Q1/8/8/8/8/7k/ppp1p3/brrbK3 w KQkq -"]

1. Qg1 Kh4 2. Qg2 Kh5 3. Qg3 Kh6 4. Qg4 Kh7
5. Qh5+ Kg7 6. Qh4 Kg6 7. Qh1 Kg5 8. Qh3 Kg6
9. Qh4 Kg7 10. Qh5 Kg8 11. Qh6 Kf7 12. Qg5 Kf8
13. Qg6 Ke7 14. Qf5 Ke8 15. Qf6 Kd7 16. Qe5 Kd8
17. Qe6 Kc7 18. Qxa2 Kd7 19. Qd5+ Ke8 20. Qf5 Ke7
21. Qf3 Ke6 22. Qf4 Ke7 23. Qf5 Ke8 24. Qf6 Kd7
25. Qe5 Kd8 26. Qe6 Kc7 27. Qd5 Kc8 28. Qd6 Kb7
29. Qc5 Kb8 30. Qc6 Ka7 31. Qb5 Ka8 32. Qc6+ Kb8
33. Qd7 Ka8 34. Qc8+ Ka7 35. Qc7+ Ka6 36. Qb8 Ka5
37. Qb7 Ka4 38. Qb6 Ka3 39. Qb5 Ka2 40. Qa4#

Just move your king to f1 and checkmate each other

Oh! That is really clever user. The followup is still really tricky because you're walking a fine line between checkmate and stalemate if too many pawns get captured or blocked.

not h3 6.Bh7? QxB+ 7.KxQ KxP, but 6. Kg5! and Q is still trapped in zugzwang

>white king to f2
>black pawn promoted
>queen to g3

>check fucking mate

Aw shit, correction:

>white king to f2
>black pawn promoted
>white king back to the same position (gets the pawn)
>white bishop does whatever he wants
>king to f2 again
>queen to h3 checkmate

There are some possibilities, but the checkmate is inevitable.

Falling for the amphetamemes