Am I the only one to notice that fresh figs have an oniony hint...

Am I the only one to notice that fresh figs have an oniony hint? I've never heard anyone mention this and can't find a reference to it online.

it's probably your fucked tastebuds from drinking so much donkey cum, fag.

Yes. They do. I've always thought this, and when I said it the goyim looked annoyed at me

Do people just not have tastebuds? I mean, I love figs, but they do have an onion note. I notice this with a lot of things. Like people say they "can't taste the alcohol". Nigger, how in the fuck can you not taste alcohol it's like one of the strongest, most disgusting potent flavors in existence.

i can't stand fresh figs, they need to be dried to become edible for me

were those store bought or freshly picked and eaten within days? because fresh don't taste like onions they are sweet and sticky good

Freshly picked. I've never even seen fresh figs in stores.

>because fresh don't taste like onions
Yes they do. I've both tasted my own figs and figs in public gardens and they taste the same.

Do I have to wait for a frost or so long that some of the main crop starts going bad or something? I did get the impression that this oniony taste was a "green" note of slightly less than total ripeness.

the answer is obvious. congratulations, you two have transcended past humanity and evoloved your tastebuds.

that or you both are retarded and have a severely underdeveloped palate. I mean that can't be it because you'd have to be sheltered and mentally ill to consider fig to taste anywhere near onions.

Whoa settle the fuck down their trigger nigger. I don't think a string of adhoms is the answer to the question.

>am i just crazy or does banana taste like tomato? wtf everyone thinks I'm crazy someone please enable my stupidity!!!!

that's u

You fucking idiot. The taste is clearly there.

you're a fucking moron and should probably leave for ever.

sure they are... (yes officer that was the crazy man I was telling you about, take him away)

Figs are disgusting user.

I have a fresh fig tree in my backyard, if this is still up when I get back I'll let you know if I taste any onion.

Another question I had was about variety. I wonder if only some varieties are like this (I doubt it). I'm not sure what variety the ones I've tasted at public gardens were, but mine is Petite Negra.

Wegmans and Whole Foods have them, probably Publix too.

Blow yourself.

perhaps you cut them with a knife you used to cut unions with

I just wash them and eat them raw.

Where the fuck can I find good fresh figs in NYC? Whole Foods only has small ones that don't taste very good.

Grow them. I have a small tree in a pot.

Well, two. But the other isn't mature.

Maybe wasp droppings and larvae are a good onion subsitute. Gonna have to try that out

I think corn tastes like dirt.

this nigga got WASPED

Everytime I eat one of those white melons I get a smoky taste in my mouth. No one seems to agree.

I mean the fucking onion taste isn't subtle at all. I'm not sure how anyone could miss it, unless I'm just picking figs too early? I mean they look ripe and taste ripe.

Maybe sulphur compounds in fungicide sprays used?

Right, I'm going to attempt to answer this faintly sensibly, but am going to start with all the questions.
First of all, I think we need to clarify what you are identifying as 'onion taste'. Are you talking about raw onion, boiled/sauteed onion or roast/fried onion? The character impact compounds in these are different, and people might not be on the same page about this. Equally, you may not be referring to a major character impact compound when you say 'oniony'; the 'skin' of a fig is formed from the same sorts of plant tissues as the inner stalks of a green onion, so if you are actually identifying a minor shared flavour in the scape/receptacle of both plants, even though most people wouldn't consider it to be part of the character impact complex, you might still think of this as 'oniony' when others wouldn't,.

Can't taste it over the wasp notes

I assumed this was a troll image so I googled it

I'm still not 100% convinced but that is hella gross and cool