What is the best publisher of paperbacks and why is it the Viking Portable Library?

What is the best publisher of paperbacks and why is it the Viking Portable Library?

>Excerpts.

i wish i could read

it's penguin cause they also published all of the viking portable library

awe, i have portable conrad. wish i could give it to ya pal

Penguin because their footnotes are useful and unobtrusive. Moby Dick had diagrams of all the parts of a ship. And they actually give a shit about quality translations.

Penguin is mostly shit, you are an idiot

Not an argument.

"I browse /pol/ on my iphone" isn't exactly adding to your credibility either, I don't feel like spoonfeeding you, you are an idiot.

What's wrong with you?

vintage
their covers are always so aesthetic

RED
SPINES

Unless the reviews tell me that a certain translation is utter trash I try to stick with penguin

I'd be more worried about the paper/binding quality

Not really, it depends on the book and on the edition of the book, but there are times Penguin is better than other publishers. For example, their editions of Byron are better than the Oxford one.

That true i dont know , like there's modern library if I can afford it at the time I'll go for it or everymans library but for the most part penguin has not failed me unless the translation is straight up shit but I'll try to read the reviews on it , like for Camus I've gone vintage international , for Kant I've gone modern library etc really depends on a lot of things I suppose and what you said as well , it sounds gay but yeah I try to be specific about which publisher I go with

NYRB is the undisputed best paperback published when it comes to quality.

What's that fatass Everyman's on top of the middle stack?

Monte cristo

monte cristo bro

This so hard. My copy of Stoner is so lovely

Also, their spines are thick, hard and grainy. They feel like quality. I always buy vintage when I can because they're the only paperback that I can read with one hand by wrapping the pages over each other cause the spine is so damn strong.

This triggers me.
Can you not just put your thumb between the pages like any normal person? This is the first time I've ever wanted to frogpost.

>404 argument not found

Agreed, especially because they publish obscure (to Americans) books.

Do you have an argument or not?

>actually give a shit about quality translations.

???

what language are you reading Moby Dick in?

He didn't say money dick was translated , he is saying the edition which he has , has diagrams and maps in full detail to go along with the book , other books that were translated by certain people and printed under penguin 7/10 have good translation qualities

Damn autocorrect I meant moby dick

Do you know what's also thick, hard and grainy?

nice shelf. I have some old vikings on my shelf. Paper quality is amazing