Why do americans (maybe brits too, idk) call this thing sausage instead of minced meat...

Why do americans (maybe brits too, idk) call this thing sausage instead of minced meat? Isn't sausage supposed to be this penis looking thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Johnsonville-Mild-Italian-Ground-Sausage-16oz-tray-100084/10316098
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_muffin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That looks like ground beef.

thats called ground/minced meat in America where the fuck are you getting your intel?

This isn't called sausage ever in America, it's ground beef

Nobody calls that sausage.

Americans tend to call finely minced and spiced ground meat "sausage" because they're weird like that.

it's definitely called ground beef, not sausage.

lots of cooking shows and youtube shit

Or maybe you don't know what you're talking about?

Because its the insides of a sausage with the casing already removed. Or rather, never put in a casing in the first place to eliminate the waste.

pls just stop making shit up and making stupid/pointless threads

Nobody has called that sausage. Ever.

He's right up to a point. The breakfast sausage patties are ground and spiced pork and they aren't stuffed in a casing.

walmart.com/ip/Johnsonville-Mild-Italian-Ground-Sausage-16oz-tray-100084/10316098

Projecting?

>We call it sausage because it's to go inside a sausage casing
>Except it's never been anywhere near a sausage casing and has nothing to do with such

That's not the same as what you posted in the OP.

No, it isn't. And if you would refer to my original post, you can see I acknowledged that.

We call that ground beef in the US.

It's kind of dumb, yeah, but it works for what people use it for. There are far dumber things in this world. Stop pretending to get hung up on this for (you)s.

Your image is ground meat. Sausage meat without the casing is called sausage because it's what's in the sausages, namely a mix of pork, fat, and spices. It's different from mince meat or ground beef because it has different ingredients.

What you posted in the OP is not sausage, and nobody calls it sausage.

>Walmart
>one example
>why does all of America call ground beef sausage
Or maybe you don't know what you're talking about?

I'm not the OP. Follow the replies.

I can't. It's too confusing at this point.

They don't

My dude, how many examples do you want? I picked walmart because it's the first american store I can think of, but I'm sure nearly all of them have equivalents.

We call it "sausage meat" in France if it's pork because its intent was to make sausages.

I think some confusion may arrise where you have crumbled sausage, that originally was in a casing but as served looks like regular ground meat.

Mexican 'chorizo' is a classic example.

Look, all I'm trying to point out, is that your original point isn't really true, pretty much as a 98% whole, most Americans call that original picture "ground beef/ground meat" there's always a few exceptions to most of these things man, it's just how it is.

I see the confusion

when it's just beef, it's called ground beef
when it's a spiced mixture of meats, it's called sausage. Usually when it's a recipe that would traditionally be served in a sausage casing.

does that clear it up for you, OP?

we call it minced meat in the uk

It's called country sausage you fucking mong

YOU FOCKIN WOT M8 THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A WIMBLY WILLY SAUSAGE TO ME

That's called ramen idiot

We call ground beef ground beef. We do have ground sausage though.

this

This.
Can we stop now?

>mfw someone was being american near me

wtf, do americans actually do this?

The ground meat that is called "sausage" in America is just uncased sausage meat. It's usually beef and pork, or just pork, with sausage seasoning. I'm not quite sure what's in the seasoning, but you can buy whole bags of it for the purpose of making your own

t. American whose family regularly grinds their own meat and makes ground sausage from beef, pork, bacon, venison ,etc

>penises everywhere
Guess who's gay lol

You?

Sausage is a substance, not a form. Sausage is something you find when you least expect it. When you see sausage, look into your soul and see the truth.

SO that's why the Sausage McMuffin is called a Sausage. Im not american and they apparently use chicken meat for the patty does that still counts as a sausage?

Also why is it called a muffin?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_muffin

Yes those are British muffins but isn't McDonalds an American product?

Brits only know what english muffins are because that's what Americans call them. We just call them breakfast muffins.