Hey boys, I'm gonna be grilling some fresh salmon tonight. Any recs on stuff to marinate or put on it beforehand...

Hey boys, I'm gonna be grilling some fresh salmon tonight. Any recs on stuff to marinate or put on it beforehand? General fish cooking thread I guess too

poach it in butter

Make Salmon candy

I usually don't bother, honestly. Fresh salmon is so good already that trying to marinade it isn't super necessary? But I'll often use a mustard or lemon or butter sauce with them.

marinara sauce. Half a lemon. Basil

I buy this stuff at the grocery store. It's fucking amazing but super expensive. Hard to make yourself / worth it?

try honey glaze, fresh dill.
don't overdo it on lemons, I fucking hate it when people pour half a gallon of lemon juice over fish.

>fresh salmon
>fresh
are you a bear

>marinate fresh salmon

Just throw a little Cajun season on top of your looking for a little kick, if not butter and dill

This. No outside flavors necessary. I wrap it in foil with just a little butter and grill it slowly until it's medium rare.

Get wild and do maple/soy/sriracha marinade then thicken to a glaze while bakig salmon and pour over slamon and veggies.

>maple/soy/sriracha

disgusting

my problem with salmon is the disgustin taste of the fat when you cook it in the oven. I use steam with a veil of crumbled hardened bread and spices mix on top of it, a spritz of lem and you're good to go. Light and delicious

Not 100% sure I have sny, if not what about a pinch of cayenne pepper?

Also will post pics when done, I'm feeling somewhat lazy as I'm still at work so I'll probably just boil some pasta and cook some asparagus for sides

Salmon and asparagus? Interesting to say the least. (I fucking despise asparagus, but that doesn't mean other people have to)
What pasta, user? I'd pair it with tagliatelle and a nice basil pesto.

Honestly probably just spaghetti noodles cooked with garlic salt, with the asparagus I got a dip from my mom that has dill and some other things in it, it's sort of like a sour cream and I've put a little of it on the salmon before and it was pretty good

OP here, pic as promised. Came out pretty good, I was out of asparagus so I just did some broccoli

overcooked salmon, mushy broccoli and plain ass spaghetti with some pepper sprinkled on top

seriously what the fuck

!!! ONE JOB