For me, it's Geology. The best science education degree...

For me, it's Geology. The best science education degree. I even bought a rare rock collection off amazon and started scavenging my local quarry for hidden gems.
One time I even showed my geology professor my rock collection. I said, "Look at my rocks! I found them in my everday travels! Btw my name is Roger" and the nice friendly geology professor laughed and said, "I'm going to call you Roger Rocky!".
Now the professor greets me on with "hey it's Roger Rocky!" and ALWAYS sends me the latest information of new rock discoveries. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere in the geology lab, I go there at least 4 times a week for cleaning and analyzing my weekly rock finds, 1-2 times for classifying others' rocks in my rock club on the weekend, and maybe while I eat dinner when I'm hungry but also lonely and need to fulfill the social component of my Maslow pyramid.
I even changed my cell number to the geology lab's landline number, it's so exciting! What a great major, I love geology.

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's fucking those rocks behind your back user

godspeed roger rocky

>You have been visited by Roger Rocky
>Hidden gems and rare earth metals await you, but only if you comment "i can dig this" on this post

i can dig this

I can dig this

i can dig this

I can dig this

i can dig this

i can dig this

>Geo for years has had a heavy showing in 'what is your major' threads
>Veeky Forums's wikia page is a tiny stub (Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Geoscience_Textbook_Recommendations)

Why won't they share their knowledge?

I wish my college offered geology ad a major

I wish I wasn't stuck with comp sci degree that's too late to switch out of

>dirt niggers shilling their boring shit
No thnx

I wanna die

You could probably transition into GIS at some point if you tried.
Geology and freemasonry both deal with stone.
>pure coincidence

Depends what you're into, of all the sciences it probably has the most interesting career paths. You can travel to pretty much any corner of the Earth and you can spent most of your time in the field. The pay is great and the people/culture is generally going to be a lot better than other fields.

There is no gis here

Also I'm bad at computer science

>the pay is great
what did he mean by this?

>tfw double major in biology and environmental science and minor in gis while getting professional geoscientist certification doing an undergrad thesis and trying to get into grad school
top kek

He means sell out to the mining or petroleum industries

>t. person posting on their petroleum laptop or phone

>filled with mined minerals...

I worked for a gold mine lel. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, but it is the only practical way to make big money for the majority of geoscientists.

All geo textbooks are shit.

>t. Geo grad student

Why god, why didn't I go for geology instead if comp sci?

I feel so awful all the time

I'm not even smart enough anywsy

Geology is based and wholesome

Thank you roger rocky

Jesus christ Marie, they're not rocks they're fucking minerals

kek

I can dig this

Also daily reminder that geology degree is shit for finding a job. I know because I fell for the rocks meme too.

LMAO

I can dig this

Should I stick with Civil E or do Geology?

Civil E

How the fuck do you not recognize this pasta?

I have dug this. Outback gold exploration geophysicist.

I can dig this

i can dig this

how do i learn to us GIS at home?
is the 100$ for Q-gis worth it?
how the fuck does a pleb detached from academia get access to remote sensing?
im an ecologist by vocation btw, ecology which is better than geology

Q-GIS
opps i meant to say arch GIS

so how is selling your soul going?

i can dig this

I can dig this

I can dig this

I can dig this

Back at uni working on PhD now. Glad to have done it desu.

i can dig this

i can dig this

another aus geofag here
phd is a waste of your time.
you're in wa for fucks sake, just go out there and make some dosh m8.

>ecology
lol
Use QGIS, not ARC, especially at home, you'll have to pay more than $100 for full functionality woth Arcgis. Online tutorials nigga

Haha, yeah nah yeah nah. Made a bit of dosh but got sick of doing the same bullshit day in day out.

Using brain again now. Probably end up working for a consultancy when I'm done shortly.

Pic from helicopter survey in NT.

>I can dig this

Also where is the copypasta from?

I can dig this

i can dig this