Recipe Improvement Thread

Am I doing this recipe right?
Pizza Sauce:
-12 oz Tomato Paste (No tomatoes available)
-3 cups Water
-2/3 cup Olive Oil
-6 Garlic Cloves
-Pinch of Salt
-1 Tbs Dried Oregano
-1 Tbs Dried Basil
-1/2 tsp Sugar

Feel free to post other recipes.

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/pizza-dough-recipe-1921714
allrecipes.com/recipe/11771/easy-pizza-sauce-i/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>-12 oz Tomato Paste (No tomatoes available)
Truly I'm being fucked with

You put everything in the pot at the same time?

Probably need about a cup or two more olive oil

Yeah I just put it all into the blender.

Please stop pretending to be op when the subject matter is somewhat serious like this.

Should I be a little concerned when you thought was a joke?

Yes. You should be sauteeing the garlic in the oil to start off with, preferably with diced onion. Here's a huge tip: After you add the tomato and seasoning, throw in some grated parmesan. Like a handful of it. Let it sit and get melty before you stir it. This is one of the secrets to good 'za 'auce that "they" don't want you to know about.

I didn't find any pizza sauce recipe involving onions.

should I be a little concerned when you thought
was trying to pretend they were OP?

Not a fan of the tomato paste / water combo.

I just use hand crushed San Marz tomato, fresh basil, salt and pepper. Then I just season the pizza the way I want it, be it with garlic infused oil, or whatever.

>le san marzetti meme

The tomatoes grown by your nearest independent farmer are way more tasty than anything that was picked halfway across the world, processed, canned and spent who knows how in shipping and sitting on a shelf.

>I have never grown anything in my life but will talk shit anyway

My nearest independent farmer doesn't have the same type of soil, environment, or hereditary stock used to produce the San Marz....which is why I don't use them for my pizza.

Thanks for playing, though.

That this seems better to me too. I'd actually put the basil on after as well. Have you ever tried lemon juice? Like 1/2 lemon is probably about right.

Yeah I'd agree. That guy probably heard that somewhere and now he's spreading is shitty views on Veeky Forums.

>Have you ever tried lemon juice?
Nah....the tomatoes are acidic enough.

Probably.

Soil and weather does play a part, but 9 times out of 10 a locally grown, in-season tomato is going to be much more flavorful than canned, regardless of where in the world it was grown. Throughout picking, peeling, cleaning, canning etc., the enzymes in the tomatoes go haywire and they more often than not lose flavor. It doesn't really matter if you're in Italy or Ohio. The tomato straight from your garden is almost always going to taste better than something canned.

Alright, so I got done with making the dough. I pretty much followed this recipe: foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/pizza-dough-recipe-1921714 except I didn't really have a mixer, or a large bowl on hand, so I used a pan and mashed the dough by hand. It came out quite nicely and it's currently waiting to rise. Is there a better recipe I could have used?

The reason I was wondering is that most people have the same view of adding lemon juice that you do. They only think of the acidic quality and don't realize the flavor it can add to the finished pizza. There is a hugely popular pizza place in a city near here and that's literally their secret.

I grow tomatoes. You're wrong.

Is 2/3rd cup of oil really necessary?

According to this guy, yeah: allrecipes.com/recipe/11771/easy-pizza-sauce-i/

Crushed/puréed tomatoes, basil leaves and salt are all you need. No need for garlic, onions, peperoncini, or sugar.

You don't grow tomatoes.

>tomato straight from your garden is [XXXXXX] always going to taste [different than San Marz tomatoes, regardless if they're canned]
FTFY

Pizza dough recipes are finicky and really depend on your individual ingredients and your environment.

Best I can offer is that you should use bakers measurements and shoot for around 60% hydration, low yeast, and at least a 24 hour ferment.

I'd have to try it on a slice before I'd dump it in my sauce.

Not him, but you sure as hell don't.

Nice try @9431393

You don't grow tomatoes. And you've probably never had a tomato that wasn't either canned or bought at Walmart.

Yep. I do. Even keep the rodents away with a pellet gun occasionally.

What the hell is so outrageous about growing tomatoes? Hell, I grow all kinds of shit, weed, kitchen herbs, tomatoes, hot and bell peppers.

Not everyone on this board is in junior high, kid.

>t. overpays for tomatos that half have the taste than those at a local farmer's market

>not using anchovies
>not pureeing sun-dried tomatoes
>no pinch of allspice
>not crushing the garlic
>just a "pinch" of salt
All of you are plebs

all that stuff is bad

>doesn't know that they eat this shit all the time

I don't know wtf's going on. Someone correctly said that locally grown tomatoes are better than mass produced and a bunch of faggots freaked out for some reason.

What is with this thread. Bunch of ill-informed angry teens

Well, it tastes better than a Digiorno, so it's good enough for the first one. I think I might have made too much sauce, though.

There are some pretty good canned tomatoes. Growing your own and local grown can be very good, but not always the best in sauces. You might just need some additional 5th grade reading comprehension classes.

post pic after cooking

I think I might have burned it.