This is the surface of Venus.
Say something nice about it

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/science/2014/04/venus-crust-heals-too-fast-for-plate-tectonics/
cnet.com/news/stephen-hawking-ill-pay-for-climate-deniers-to-fly-to-venus/
mentallandscape.com/C_CatalogVenus.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venera
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sometimes I wish earth had a different colour sky.

Hazy pale green skies would be nice

Looks better than Earth will in 100 years.

You have very nice tectonic plates, Venus-senpai

The lander that took that picture only lasted a few hours. That's one of the only photos of Venus' surface.

Ummm, Venus doesn't have tectonic plates -- though it has LOCAL tectonics; faults, folds, volcanos, etc.
>arstechnica.com/science/2014/04/venus-crust-heals-too-fast-for-plate-tectonics/

Nice things. No snow. no rain. No stupid (but stable) politicians. Though Stephen Hawking has just offered for pay for climate deniers to be sent there.
>cnet.com/news/stephen-hawking-ill-pay-for-climate-deniers-to-fly-to-venus/

Please chill out bruh

Is it really yellow, or is that a color filter?

>he thinks Venus isn't saving its tectonic plates until marriage

hot AF

References say reddish-brown.
And very dim because of cloud cover.

What kind of camera took the photos? The surface must be pitch dark because of the thick atmosphere and clouds.

some light would diffuse through, just not reflect out from the surface
I think the tinge on the photo probably has something to do with the camera

Any USSR-claimed land is better than stupid kapitalist shitholes! Gorgeous planet of love :)

>Ummm
Shut the fuck up, sweetie

I cant believe humans ruined Venus with climate change also. Fuck Republicans

The photos are color enhanced. The original photographs are black and white

Exposure time was like an hour

mentallandscape.com/C_CatalogVenus.htm

there would be more photos, but the soviets couldn't into lens caps

sounds like a joke -- but it's true!
The Soviets had all sorts of trouble with lens caps.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venera
Some wouldn't come off and one did fall off -- but happened to fall right where a soil-sampling probe was aimed. :(

when will they put another rover on venus i want more pictures

This is what co2 induced global warming does to a planet and what will happen to our own world if we don't stop the far-right soon.

Why won't /pol/ leave

You are hot, baby

Never been a rover.
Difficult enough to land something stationary and have it function for an hour.
Building something with moving parts would be an engineering nightmare.
But the entire planet's been mapped, from orbit, with radar.

And there have been animations made from that radar data which let you "fly" over the terrain of Venus.

It won't happen any time soon, NASA has neglected space for decades and so they have no launch vehicle, no RTG for probes, no technologies capable of existing on Venus, etc

>ussr died
>usa gave up
>china is china

we are doomed

I'm not even sure how you'd power a rover on Venus.
Your RTG crack made me think.
Any power plant needs to reject heat. The radiators have to be the coldest point in the cycle. But they have to be hotter than their surroundings.
When those surroundings can melt lead, what do you make the RTG out of?

Hmm... looks dusty.
Probably dinosaurs live there and create all the dust by stomping the ground.

something that isn't lead.... lets not pretend that 380 celcius - 450 celcius are temperatures that are beyond material capabilities

Most commercial ovens can handle temps that high, or close to that high
The only real problem is cooling down stuff enough to run electronics

this.

> V.I. Moroz and his team at IKI designed the IOAV spectrometer which measured the sky at 20 nanometer wavelength intervals and in multiple directions. Below is displayed the zenith sky color as measured during the descent of Venera-11. The small images show the form of the spectrum from 360 to 830 nm, with the area under the curve filled in with the corresponding sRGB standard value. Actual spectral data extended well into the infrared, to identify gas absorption bands. The spectra are converted to XYZ color space via the usual CIE tables, and then converted to a standard gamma corrected RGB space defined for televisions and monitors.
>The increasingly orange color is due to rayleigh scattering by the thick atmosphere, and possibly an additional unknown blue-absorbing gas component. Brightness is normalized. The text color for these web pages was chosen to approximate the Venera-11 sky color.

Huh

>This is the surface of Venus.

What makes you so sure of that? Pictures prove nothing.

>HURR
I'd answer you, but I can't be sure you posted anything :^)

Doesn't even matter, it's a matter of instrument and organism measurement/conjuration. Colour is arbitrary.

That picture could very well be a made up set, but here you are drooling like the brainlet you are over a """ proof""""

Looks a lot like Straya to me

Again, I have no way to know if you posted anything so I can't comment. I could just be a brain in a jar, the evidence of my own eyes could be faked :^)

Not the same, but ok brainlet, I'll leave you to your mindless hobbies

no this is an interpolated image

It looks very nice

RTGs work at venus temps. The only issue with venus rovers is semi-conductors.

>RTGs work at venus temps
at even lower efficiency, enjoy your

looks like greenland disappointing

Looks totally hot, is she single?

Yeah, most girls that size have at least one beta orbiting them but not venus.

yeah but then instead of being sensitive to blue our eyes would be sensitive to green, and it would end up giving you the same net effect of perception. i.e. you would yearn for a blue sky

Better tarmac than most public roads

HOT & THICC (atmosphere)

No niggers.

They didn't give up, they're just sleeping

> NASA has neglected space for decades
They've had cuts but they're still pumping out science missions.
> no RTG for probes
They talked the DOE into restarting Plutonium production a couple years back. Assuming all goes well RTG production can resume.
> no technologies capable of existing on Venus
This here is is the only real blocker. Well that, money and the fact no one cares about Venus when we have places like Mars.

Didn't some scientist mention something about how the atmosphere or stratosphere is capable of providing a buoyancy for a settlement of some kind?

Just imagining being there makes me anxious. But in reality I'd die fast regardless

You may live to see yellow skies.

use vacuum tubes!

>venus
>1 satellite
what

Working on the development of silicon carbide JFETs that can withstand temps of 500 C for weeks.

It's cleaner than Alberta. pic related