Why havn't you accepted Szechuan as the best cuisine yet Veeky Forums?

Why havn't you accepted Szechuan as the best cuisine yet Veeky Forums?

andrew zimmern told me never to trust it because it isn't authentic

That guy is a pompous faggot don't believe his lies

i submit. i want to eat that.

What do you mean?

>god doesnt exists morty *burp* heheh
no thanks

Because I like tasting stuff. Combine an excessive amount of dried chilis with the numbing properties of szechuan pepper and it doesn't matter what you put that shit on, you can only sense heat and numbness.

I blame all the hipsters that continuously promote this crap as high end cuisine. It's not.

The numbing properties release endorphins so you feel good and you can only not taste for the first few minutes. If you keep eating it your mouth gets used to it and it tastes great. No one says its high end either

>tfw an entire chinese cooking style has been ruined thanks to an autistic cartoon

Thanks dan harmon.

Not trying to sound that guy, but I was eating it before the cartoon. I like the show at times but hate the fanbase as much as you

wtf i hate spice now!

just avoid the dishes loaded with sichuan pepper. I was in chongqing about 2 years ago and man the food there was so good. a lot of dishes contain little to no pepper at all

>pompous jew faggot

>grrr, why don't these WHITE GUILT HIPSTERS stick to NORMAL food like dinosaur tendies and marshmallow salad
Never change, Veeky Forums

I don't know who that is but I'm glad I don't have a television. I also do not own a car, or a microwave, but that is an unrelated discussion

Sichuan food is good

Well, in ChingChong, Canton they make non-spicy food that is much better.

sichuan pepper is not spicy, idiot

Szechuan cooking is fucking delicious, one of the best foods in the world imo, Mapo Tofu is one of my favourite dishes in the world. But I also think sometimes it uses too much/relies too heavily on the numbing szechuan pepper.

t. lived in china

question for you all, how does one go about finding "authentic" or ""good"" szechuan style food? I'm using google but keep getting these china buffet style restaurants popping up. they seem to use the term pretty loosely

1. Be near a real city
2. Don't be far from a real city

Protip: real city means New York or San Francisco, not Boise, Houston, Youngstown, Chicago, or whatever

I figured that was the problem I was having hahaha

I love sichuan boiled fish but one time I ate it with a Chinese guy and he ordered something else that balanced it out so well. It was rolls of meat with greens, I think pork stomach? No chili but a very fresh taste. I'm not sure what it was for next time any ideas?

I've had good szechuan in a "fly over" city.

>San Francisco
What's the best szechuan in bay area?

How do you pronounce szechuan? I say "says-choo-ann"

Fuchsia dunlop or seriouseats, besides dried chinese chilis and szechuan pepper its mostly things youll have in your pantry, chinkiang vinegar might be the only thing you also need, but you can use it for anything afterwards.
So yeah, make it yourself, good recipes are easily available and itll be better than what you get at restaurants

Alright, but how do I get good Szechuan food without having to sacrifice my safety and wrist muscles?

Chillis are a relatively new ingredient in Chinese cuisine, a lot of the recipes came from Portugal when they introduced Columbian ingredient to China through Macau. Either way Andrew is still a massive faggot, it's like saying European cuisine isn't authentic because they use potatoes and tomatoes.

When you're a flyover you have to cook yourself if you want authentic instead of some kind of HFCS amalgamation that claims to be [insert nation] food. Fortunately the internet has many of those recipes written by natives and ingredients are available on the internet. Good luck, and kiss your sister for me tonight!

Half-chink here.

Si-Tchu'an
Si as in "sir".
The "an" is nasal, I don't know how to explain that. It's like the "ain" in French (pain, copain).

That's all.

>ceiling dildos
asians always find a way to crack me up

sit-you-on saw-us

I say zesh-juan

>
ASL

> parents separated
> dad eventually starts dating a sichuanese woman
> anytime i want authentic chinese i just go to her place

get on my level

>without having to sacrifice my safety and wrist muscles

stop beating off in dark alleys? fuck, I dunno, man.

I don't think anyone is pretending that sichuan food is high end. You usually have to go to some dumpy roach ridden big city Chinatown to find it.

Jesus, what a based dad! He realized white women are absolute deadends.

DAE LE REINHARDT AND MORTIMER XDDDDDDD

The original Sichuan cuisine was lost when Zhang Xianzhong killed every person living in the Sichuan region during the 1600s.

Sauce? Oh, yeah - none.

thank you, kind sir

I've posted this before but only because it's an unbelievably good dish at my local sichuan restaurant. Easily in my top 5 favorite foods. Sichuan boiled fish.

What kinds of chili peppers do they typically use in Szechuan cooking?

>that lake of oil on the surface

Looks really good with that generous hot oil
Will eat without rice

>reddit food

ive had this. its amazing.

A bit of topic but i feel like there is a disproportionately large number of Asians in ck and fa
[spoiler]Cantonese has the best regional cuisine out of the four regions[/spoiler]

Szechuan has their own sub species of peppercorn but their chilli are introduced through trade at the 16th century from mexico

>This
Cantonese cuisine is the most delicate and sophisticated of chinese foods.

dumping

Too spicy for me desu

white people

cold snails btw

beef organ stew

i forget

frog and potato

just for shits and giggles

oh pork belly n sheet.

last one

>San Fran is a "real city" and not Houston or Chicago, which are both much bigger

tasting good is more important than muh authenticity

Why is it that whenever someone posts something like this I assume they're a land whale?

Wow you're so special user can I please zuck yo dikk?