I don't get it

i don't get it

I'm just about to start this book. What should I know before getting into it?

idk lad i'm a brainlet

French

meursault was put on trial for a coincidence and was ultimately judged for things he never thought twice about in his life
this is a reflection of life and death

dude nothing matters lmao

it wasn't a coincidence though

>read the Plague
>DUDE NOTHING REALLY MATTERS BUT YOU HAVE TO PRETEND LIKE IT MATTERS EVEN THOUGH IT DOESNT JUST BE HAPPY BRAH
Whoa

In the version I have, the every mans library print, there's an afterword by Camus that summarizes the story and Meursalt pretty well, I'd recommend finding afterwards it if its not in your book.

then embrace it

Meursault has autism.

The Arab was the Stranger the entire time

not even close buddy.

maybe read some background on a book before you read it?? dont just shit post saying you dont get it, elaborate at least for christ sakes. This is a literature DISCUSSION board.

He gets drunk with a bro, has great sex on the beach, shoots a nerd because of a gnarly bet, and then goes home and takes a nap.

He's clearly the epitome of frat. Grendel is the one with autism.

He's also an unemotional weirdo that follows the same routine every day, struggles to understand social norms and is hyper-sensitive to sensory stimulation like light and heat. He's def autismo.

>hypersensitive
Have you never experienced heat stroke?

Does it normally make you shoot Arabs just because?

It satires normies

It's about how silly nihilism is. And in the final part Camus promotes his absurdism philosophy.

Ye neither did I at first.

I thought at first It seemed to be about Camus's critique of this objective moral authority and standards that exist within most societies, so that even not abiding by them in the smallest way will get you in trouble; like not showing remorse at your mothers death, I think that's what it was anyway.

I don't find The Outsider particularly profound, it's nothing I hadn't thought about before, which is a shame because so many people have told me how much it blew their mind.

>Interpreting Camus this way
wew

Life sucks and then you die.

what? he's not wrong

half of the book is his rambling about the heat

>"... For I came to realize that in this absurd life, I, Meursault, am the Stranger.

>THE END"

I read that edition.

It's ok, OP. Even if you do get it someday, you'll realize Camus was a hack.

You are going to die

There's no bad reason to kill a sandnigger.