Reading while being sub-standard

>reading while being sub-standard
Honestly, if your IQ is below 135, I wouldn't bother. You're not going to have the speed and concentration required to grasp most literature. This goes double for writing anything meaningful or profound.

Other urls found in this thread:

readingsoft.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why are Americans so obsessed with burgers and IQ

Nobody else in the world takes iq seriously lmfao

why that particular cut off?

>IQ

who is the lowest iq author you would still recommend?

Salinger had a recorded IQ of 104. Yeats couldn't read until he was 7; half his family literally thought he was retarded. Western civilization's folklore and mythology was created by illiterate peasants whose IQ compared to modern humans would probably be somewhere in the 80s. Having a high IQ isn't necessary to create entertaining and even great literature

>tfw 120

Can I at least read for my own pleasure?

No.

He's right. I have 140 IQ and I can barely get through the smallest, lightest novel.

>honestly if your IQ is below 135
So, you? Nobody's IQ is above 135 on average. Pretentious pseudo-intellectuals like you have no place talking down on the 'average' person.

Can the profound not be simple?

Yeah man I have an IQ of 150 and I struggle with the complexity of Captain Underpants sometimes.

>believing there's a significant distinction between the processing power of a person with 100 and 135 iq

>Captain Underpants
I really hope that the movie will be good

I thought I was the only one. 180 IQ here, but it's only a slightly inclined plateau from 150. Captain Underpants can make me feel like an OP-IQ'd brainlet.

Why do anything if you're not a handsome rich genius?

you're a faggot

Burgers, baseball, IQ, oxycontin, white fences, clapping, tipping, and ironic ebonics.

we are proud of our unironic ebonics also...

nigga

The difference is huge.
Americans actually hate the concept of IQ because it undermines the very American idea of equality for both liberals ("everyone can do anything if they have the material resources!") and consevatives ("try harder!") alike.

The profound can only be simple

I feel like being praised as an exceptional genius from a young age has hurt me more than anything else. It's like I've consciously and subconsciously (maybe unconsciously?) based my entire identity around how smart I am, and as I've gotten older it has only become glaringly obvious to me that other things are a lot more valuable than just intelligence.

Not sure if it's just a thing with Asperger's, but it really fucks me up knowing that I read all of these books and poetry and have to search hard to find their beauty, but to others it comes so easily. It honestly might be one of the saddest things in my life.

I know this feeling, too.

On the other hand, I really am a genius. I honestly think it's better to have a low IQ since you can get through books really quickly. Mine is a 144 (Stanford-Binet) and it takes me an hour to get through ten pages because I have to milk every little thing the author wrote, and I inevitably pick up on every nuance that would be obscured from lesser readers.

They hate the problem of IQ - of there being a section of the population who can only do increasingly scarce and automised jobs - while still having IQ tests for the military, and clandestine IQ tests which use euphemistic names.

So while they hate and deny the implications of the IQ test, they subscribe to it privately. It's very interesting to witness the gap between what people say/prescribe, and then do.

>pretending IQ isn't a thing
People sub 115 struggle getting even a bachelor's degree. The military doesn't even take people below 83 (15%of population) and they want to take everyone they can get. Imagine how badly people sub 83 must have performed that the military said fuck off...

Pic related - average iq levels at different stages of civilization.

brainlet spotted

IQ predicts things better than any other mental statistic (nobel prizes, income, advanced degrees)

it's almost as if there isn't just one way to quantify intelligence.

try psychedellic drugs

i mean, do you really have anything to lose at this point?

I unironically have 150 IQ and get bored reading novels.

I unironically get bored of anything at 160 IQ. Gratz on your dick waving.

I have an IQ of 132, and people who never went to school; divorced twice; debt to die for, still 'out think' me in the most remedial tasks. It's because im too often focused on efficiency and optimal goal, while they just want to get it done...

There way still achieves the same results, just will no thinking applied in the time to completion.

Likewise, IQ measures your ability to learn. Not your ability to function. Those who learn faster have a higher ability to function more variable in their life and its events.Those with a lower IQ, seem to function fine unless put into a foreign learning environment - which is what most of the IQ test is for people.So even with a high IQ, I understand it's limits to measure and meaning. It's nothing to stand by, unless your forced to take an IQ test as a representative of a group for some goal.

Hey guys. My IQ is 256 and I can read, like, SUPER fast and shit. Anyways, don't bother reading books if you're in the two hundos. Waste of time. Research forex instead

>sub 115 IQ struggle with getting a bachelor's
getting a bachelor's is literally more high school in 2017

I have one name for you baitfag: Chris Lagan.

>Won't have the speed required for comprehension.

I remember being a 17 year old little pseud who thought IQ was a measurement of anything other than how good you are at IQ tests.

It's not our fault you're an american humanities major. Don't lump us in with you.

and now you're a >17 year old little pseud who pretends that skills examined in IQ tests can't be applied to other areas

>mfw people actually believe a collection of tests created a century ago to determine the level of retardation of children is a proper way to determine intelligence
sure nice number bro

tfw too intelligent to commit crimes

OP is a massive faggot

This guy gets it

ME too but 145

I just don't give a fuck about this characters clothes and don't feel like trying to analyze the symbolism

my iq is 59

feels good man, very chill

kek

This. 65 here. Feels good to be retarded.
Retards where we at?

>thinking reading books requires intelligence
>probably didnt pass high school trig
>not applying your superior """"iq""""" to STEM and actually doing something impactful
You lit fags are so cute :)

Okay you faggots, you seem to have very strong feelings around IQ, so I'm going to lay down on you the universally accepted, completely uncontroversial stance on IQ in the scientific community:

IQ has undeniably strong correlations with performative success in various fields. However, once you reach a certain score, variance in other psych categories independent of intelligence will be a greater predictor of success. Think of it this way, being 300lbs is a pretty good prerequisite for being an offensive lineman. Weighing 500lbs won't play that much of a role in your success. In the same way there is a cut off point for those who aspire to be theoretical physicists, but past a certain threshold IQ variances decrease their predictive probability.

Guys I only have 126 IQ but I want to read Animal Farm. Should I go for it? What texts will help me understand it better?

Are you being serious? We read Animal Farm in my 7th grade English class. It was required reading.

of course he's not serious you autistic sperglet

He didn't use sarcasm quotes, so how was I supposed to know?

dat true. soz, double digit iq here

I don't think you know what "sub-standard' means, or fecal-affix.

Actually, I would argue if your IQ is below 163 (which, coincidentally also happens to be my IQ) you shouldn't bother with anything more complex than ditch digging. Below this threshold you are simple incapable of articulating any meaning from literature, philosophy or science. Indeed, I would argue in addition that if you are below this threshold, you should kill yourself.

There's no evidence that very high IQ has any downsides.

>average black IQ is 85
>half of blacks are literally too dumb for the military

why can't we just use them as cannon fodder?

I never said that. My American football analogy was imperfect though, so I see how autism made you see that implication.

>Not sure if it's just a thing with Asperger's, but it really fucks me up knowing that I read all of these books and poetry and have to search hard to find their beauty, but to others it comes so easily.

I was exactly like you a year ago. Then I unlocked my poetic mind and easily and intuitively understand everything that was locked off before.

is not necessary, but is probably a good idea and will likely help you achieve it faster.

It's not a 'proper' way to determine intelligence overall, but it does seem to correlate highly with a factor that predicts tons of things fairly well.

> 163
> posts with sperglets on Veeky Forums

Proof that IQ is irrelevant

lol

I unironically have this problem

>Everyone posting IQs
>Never taken an IQ test
Can someone hook me up with the best free IQ online?

Solving those kinds of problems is exactly what IQ is all about user; study accordingly.

>IQ tests only show how god you are at solving IQ tests

why are you lying?

145 IQ here and i don't. I read (and live) fiction, however. I visualize the text into an elaborate tri-dimensional movie that plays in my head like i was sitting in the comfy front seat. This includes smells, sounds, and sensations.

Tfw intelligence is still being studied and is poorly understood but laymen will sperg out about IQ like it's useful for anything other than having a snapshot of the taker's academic skills. Read a fucking research paper sometime you filthy cocks.

This guy gets it.

Try getting into the 8-page bitcoin white paper. Then come back humbled.

Meme chart lmao, I didn't know IQ tests were given to pre-civilisational humans AHAHAHA

Africa is a good approximation of 'pre-civilisational'.

I propose a more important value: The Irony Quotient. It should take over the IQ acronym, being the most important and IrQ being less marketable than InT, which besides being an abbreviation of InTelligence, is an already widely-used stand-in for intelligence, esp. w/r/t role-playing games, D&D, etc.

I, of course, having a lower InT score than you naturally also have a lower IQ score, all other things being equal, which is to say I concede- you have won our small exchange and I bow before the might of your e-penis.

According to this chart Europe was full of settled farmers 50 years ago?

Well yes. France still had 4 million peasants in the 1970s.

Mate your chart is retarded
City-folk in the 50s and 60s had significantly lower IQ test scores than today, and you're implying civilisation really evolved that much in half a century?

this is just not true.
im bad a math and articulating myself but on the whole i seem to be much better at analyzing literature and films on a conceptual basis (most of it's pretty easy and existential, an understanding of which probably doesnt necessitate a high IQ which i understand is very cold and quantified)

I have a 140 IQ and i've been arrested multiple times. debunked

This ain't my chart. Give your (you) to the other posters.

if you have >135 IQ you wouldn't have fallen for this bait

We take the bait of our own volution, newfag. We make our own spook lest we reject those given up onto us by others.

I must also concede - the way you've written your first paragraph is too enigmatic for me. I'm assuming you're saying something along the lines of 'haha, I was jking XD'

Anyways, we're not very good at measuring high IQ's, but the tests correlate strongly with performative success in various intellectual and social spheres so they are an accurate predictive tool. They are especially good at thresholds. It's safe to assume that you won't find theoretical physicists with an IQ

The term you're looking for is 'diminishing returns'.

"used to refer to a point at which the level of profits or benefits gained is less than the amount of money or energy invested".

yeah, that's nice, but that's not it

atom bomb

I ate my duty just now
smelled good
tastes better

There should be a malus to IQ proportionate to autismo level and then we are talking about a useful ranking.
Can't have a normal conversation with a girl? -35. Et cetera.

But you still can't get a gf

With most girls it's impossible to have a proper conversation so that's a flawed criteria

Richard Feynman had an IQ of 125.

It's factually true that higher IQ people have more difficulty kicking an addiction than low IQ people.

Care to back that up with evidence?

No.

I've never had my IQ tested, but I reckon it's somewhere around 100.

Authors like Camus are too far out of my league, but I still loved The Stranger

Sometimes I remember why I come here

Is this an IQ test thread?
Feels pretty good desu

and he's an outlier, brainlet

How come if I read slow my comprehension goes down, but if I read faster my comprehension goes up? Pls rspnd

readingsoft.com
Go to the table with info
This is normal
Read at your own pace

Tell me your favorite book

What's your girlfriend like?