I am a canuck and Im going to Florida/USA for the first time ever...

I am a canuck and Im going to Florida/USA for the first time ever. There are a few fast food places I want to try and I was hoping you can redpill me on them or give other suggestions.

-Sonic
-Checkers
-PF Chang
-Cracker Barrel
-Publix (for sandwiches)
-ChicFilA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cX_kbIVxl_o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you have McDonald's in Candia?

you might want to wait until after hurricane season

going in march

i can probably name most of the chains we have here that are from the USA.

-mcdonalds
-red lobster
-burger kike
-wendys
-subway
-quiznos
-five guys
-pizza hut
-arbys
-a&w
-kfc
-taco bell
-starbucks
-popeyes
-dominos

anything that isnt any of those is probably new territory for me.

>Sonic
>Checkers
>Chick Fil A
These are good fast food choices.
>Cracker Barrel
Not fast food but still good. My suggestion would be whatever open-faced sandwich they have
>PF Chang
There are way better chinese restaurants you could get for their price

I'm not sure if these are in canada but other suggestions:
>Waffle House
>Five guys (only cost effective for two because the large fries could feed a small army and must be shared)

>Not fast food but still good. My suggestion would be whatever open-faced sandwich they have
i noticed they have a turkey and dressing special with cranberry sauce and fixins on thursdays

>There are way better chinese restaurants you could get for their price
im more interested in chain restaurants. im sure my friend who lives in FL will take me to good one of a kind places for other meals.

>five guys
we have those already and ive eaten there a few times. its expensive but i like it, tastes like an upgraded wendys burger.

>Waffle House
im scoping out their menu, what are your favorite items from them?

avoid those places like the plague. they suck.

find a local mom and pop seafood joint. you'll thank me.

i dont even like seafood, and the friend im visiting will take me out to eat at local spots.

i want to check out some chain places cause i hear so much about them and see shitloads of their commercials but cant actually try them because they dont exist in canada.

>Ctrl+F Cuban
Disappoint

Go to any old cafe that looks local and ask for a cuban sandwich. It's like panini's cooler older brother and is popular as fuck here. Ham/pork/swiss/mustard/pickle is classic but adding tomato, lettuce, and mayo are common too.

definitely going to try some local food, i just have a penchant for fast food.

Hash browns scattered, smothered, covered, and chunked.

chain restaurants suck. you're not missing anything

If you can find one, Smashburger is a bit expensive but their fries are god tier and the hambys are just as good

Where in Florida are you going?

This is extremely important.

West Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens area
>its marked on the map i posted

there is one but its like its a bit of a ways from the area i will be staying at.

Floridian here...

Do:
Publix
Chick-fil-A

Don't:
Cracker Barrel

Checkers is the best

But
>going to Florida
Why?

Don't melt Canadabro. Remember to use sunscreen on every part of your body not covered by clothes. And I mean EVERY part. Get your ears, face, legs, tops of your feet, everything. If you get burnt, you're gonna have a bad time and all you can really do for it is to run cold water over it and rub a little aloe gel into it.

>travel to another country to eat chain fast food
What is wrong with you

Rhythm Cafe is pretty good but West Palm is kind of a shitty food area, it's mostly burger joints.

only chicfila and publix are worth going to

DO NOT GO TO RED LOBSTER

waffle house is decent and a good American experience, five guys also is great.

Also, best advice I have is to avoid the chains altogether. we have great roadside Mexican and bbq, don't let appearances fool you. get a damn Cuban sandwich as well. theres tons of Cuban places down there.

There's a Culver's in Jupiter you should check out

Heading to the south? Get some Waffle House all up in your grill. It defines greasy spoon diner, but it's awesome. It never fucking closes, even in hurricanes and shit. It puts up with stoners, drunks, and crackheads at 3am. Waffle House is the shit.

He is canadian.
Im surprised he wants to move to a place that he wants to live in florida.

> five guys also is great
No it isn't.

>travel to another country
>go to fast food places instead of something local

I hate people who do this.

Ignore this faggot if you've never been to taco bell you should go

florida is a wasteland so far as cuisine goes. i mean, you could get a cuban sandwich i guess.

>sonic
is ass, but get a coney for the experience i guess
>checkers
the one in my city went out of business ages ago
>PF chang
the olive garden of "nice" chinese food.
>cracker barrel
go for the meat n' three, stay for the giant checkers set
>publix
you could skip everything on your list and just do this, they're great.
>chic fil a
get a number 1 and an extra 12 piece with unsweet tea if you want to be big and stronk like me

too bad you're going to south FL

I was going to recommend Freddy's Steakburgers

Former local here, try out food shack in Jupiter. It's a tad expensive and a local joint but worth it. As for chains try out
>burgerfi
>Brooklyn water bagel
Get da cubsta homie
>CR chicks
It's a local chain and their smoked penne pasta is bomb
>sals pizza
If you want some kid fucked up on xans to make you pizza this is the place but personally I prefer Bonzos

>mentioning Waffle House
Here is the obligatory video of Anthony Bordain proclaiming Waffle House to be better than The French Laundry:
youtube.com/watch?v=cX_kbIVxl_o

I like their dollar cheeseburger.

Life long Floridian reporting in. Must add Whataburger and Waffle House ( I recommend the Texas Bacon Cheesesteak melt with hashbrowns). Other than that your list is pretty good, though PF Chang's sucks. Publix subs are definitely a must.

Go to Waffle House.
Skip PF Changs.
Get a Cuban Sandwich.
Go to pic.

Sonic and checkers are a little salty if you aren't used to it. Cracker barrel is okay for a meal on your visit but not a habitual place to visit. Publix I wouldn't bother. Their food is good but it's not something I'd write home about. Chick Fil A is mediocre but their spicy is pretty good for what it is and their customer service is almost always great. I'm not from Florida so can't recommend anything else.

Listen to this man

i went to chick fil a for the first time not long ago when i was visiting my mom in florida. holy FUCK, that place is weird. the service is ridiculously over the top. maybe i'm just unaccustomed to "southern hospitality", but it didn't occur elsewhere and was honestly kind of creepy

Southern hospitality is a meme, but yeah Chick-fil-a focuses on customer service.
They always employ cheerful teens, In-n-out seems similar.

>Why
see an only friend and hes getting married

wedding

we got Five Guys in cuck land and I have eaten there. Waffle House would be something to try.

Really? They are actually on my list and nearby.

just going for a week

Never been to the USA before.

ill check WH, their logo was so shit I figured they sucked.

>-Sonic
sucks
>-Checkers
YES
>-PF Chang
Meh
>-Cracker Barrel
NO
>-Publix (for sandwiches)
Never been to Florida but I keep hearing everyone rave about this shit so it must be decent.
>-ChicFilA
Absolutely. And get their lemonade or sweet tea while you're there. Trust me.

I should clarify. Sonic is good for shit like slushies and shakes but their food is shit.

>going to a restaurant in the south and ordering "unsweet" tea

Any country other than America and this would be unacceptable. In America however we're pretty known for our culinary monstrosities.

Publix subs are overrated as fuck, and I say that as someone who has lived near Publix HQ my entire life and had countless subs. All of their prepared foods are just average, no idea how they got such a good reputation.

Sonic and checkers are ok, nothing too great. Chick fil a is decent, pf changs is garbage.

many burger chains have entered florida market in orlando where I live, they may be in west palm too. Shake shack, smash burger, burger21, freddys, culvers.

And like other user's mentioned, waffle house. Go their drunk and get hash browns and a pecan waffle.

Sausage egg and cheese bowl is great. I get it with onions and mushrooms. All star meal is good if you want to try a bit of everything. Avoid the coffee.

>not liking those crispy as fuck tater tots
plebeian

>Avoid the coffee
pleb detected
Waffle House serves coffee from a company called Royal Cup out of Birmingham, AL.
It is plain regular coffee like men drink instead of some $7 froo-froo shit hipsters drink. The coffee is GOAT.

I think there's culvers in fl. Check that out. Too bad you can't have in n out.

Add Steak n Shake to your list.

Do they have Chipotle up in Canada? Moe's is like a better Chipotle imo.

I despise Sonic so I'd say take it off your list but some people swear by them.

Checkers is alright and their fries are pretty tasty.

PF Chang is overrated overpriced shit.

Cracker Barrel is preety legit. Closest franchise, big business gets to old-fashioned, mom&pop fare.

Publix is decent and a fair price. Groceries are good too.

Chick Fil A is damn good. Still miss their cheesecake.

OP here. another user tipped me off and it turns out the culvers is down the road from my hotel.
didnt even look it up because i thought it was exclusive to the midwest.

>All star meal
that looks good, can i trust waffle house for non breakfast foods?

it helps me participate in fast food threads

i heard their beverages and tots are dope

LIES

yeah we got Chipotle and its pretty good

waffle house my dude

is it only good for breakfast foods or are the other items also decent?

Some tips for Sonic enjoyment:
Try the burgers plain. The veggies are always bad, but their burgers and cheeseburgers are great with just ketchup.

Avoid the fries at all costs, stick with the tots. You can also get them with chilli and cheese if you want.

The drinks are good. Try ordering an ocean water.

i might just skip the burger and go for one of their proprietary drinks, some tots, and hot dogs.

lot of other anons and even the friend i am going to visit dont seem to like that place. ill move it to the bottom of my list.

>culvers
>chick fil a
>waffle house

bottom
>sonic

Don't forget to have a Cuban sandwich, fried plantains, key lime pie, and Whataburger.

yup my friend will show me some cuban places, gonna have to skip whataburger because they only have locations in the north and im going to be in palm beach.

Clearly your gonna have to stage a bomb threat on your flight out, timed at such a moment that the plane will have to make an emergency landing at Orlando.

would like to try it but the detour is not worth it if i dont go to disneyland.

>instead of
did you see
he is doing both

OP here. Just found out the ZIP code of my hotel if any locals want to tell me some good places (chain or non chain): 33410

also what do you anons think of Jimmy Johns?

PF Chang really sucks. Any non-chain has better chi chi foo.

Krystal is good fast food; and Steak n Shake is a good diner chain.

>Add Steak n Shake to your list.
Yes this. Steak n Shake is like the east coast's version of In N Out
>inb4 butthurt in n out fanboys
Also Jimmy Johns is pretty good too.

Sounds like you're in the Palm Beach Gardens/Jupiter area. There's a good place up there called "Leftover's" you should check out

>Jimmy Johns
Bad, don't waste your time.
If you want a sub go to Football Sandwich.
Like said Krystal and Steak N Shake would be alright.
Get a steamer pack.

>Canadian going to Florida

OP YOU FOOL DO YOU NOT REALIZE HOW HOT IT IS DOWN THERE? YOU ARE GOING TO FUCKING DIE IN THAT HEAT.

>i noticed they have a turkey and dressing special with cranberry sauce and fixins on thursdays

get it, its great. I feel like you, as a Canadian, would fall in love with hot open faced turkey sammiches. I used to get it all the time as a kid. Cracker Barrel in an of itself is a great thing to introduce to foreigners

this is such a strange question to ask about waffle house

Checkers, Publix Deli, and Chick-Fil-A are great. Get the hot and spicy fried chicken if they have it at Publix, it's amazing and cheap.
I don't really like Cracker Barrel. It's bare bones breakfast items and Southern food that you could make at home for much cheaper and better quality. They don't season their food when they cook it because their main demographic is the elderly (Florida is 33% retirees). Sonic is pretty good, they have great desserts and slushies.
PF Changs isn't that great. Especially in Florida, you could find an authentic Chinese restaurant that has fresh seafood. On that note I agree with the other user, go to a seafood restaurant with good ratings. Mediocre tourist trap restaurants are pretty easy to recognize. Avoid Captain D's, it's complete and utter garbage.
Get a peach milkshake at Chick-Fil-A if you can.

If you ever head south of WPB, check out Shake Shack. I think theres one in Boca and theres a couple in Miami

Native Floridian here.
Cracker Barrel
Chicken and dumplings or chicken fried stake

Publix
chicken tender sub (overrated imo)

ChicFilA
Spicy chicken sandwich (or regular) all good

>Smashburger
there's like, less than 10 in all of Florida

Stake n Shake would be the Florida equivalent

that's a dumb af opinion. When in rome do as the romans do. When the romans eat fastfood you should try it to.

fag

complimentary breakfast at the hotel boi!!! kind of pointless to go out for that.

how hot does is get in march?

Is Jersey Mikes any good?

staying in zip code 33410 if you know any good places there.

afaik its thanks giving dinner

menu looks good and its doing 4.5/5 with shitloads of reviews so yeah ill give it a whirl.

do you live around there? i made a list of some local spots i would like to check out if you want to go over them.

whatever you do DONT support anything non white or "cuban" they have to go back

OP here i have a question about Chick Fil A...

will they put mayo or some other sauce in the sandwich if i ask them? seems weird to have a burger or chicken sammich without any condiment.

why? arent most cubans in this country legally anyways?

and there is a local taco place im going to try out cause they have shitloads of ratings and they are all 5/5.

Drive down to Fort Lauderdale and try Primantis!

>complimentary breakfast
Fuck that, you're missing the point of Waffle House. That complimentary breakfast will just have rubbery scrambled eggs and toast/ bagels at best. It's totally worth going out for eggs however you want them, plus ham/ bacon/ sausage/ steak/ porkchop, plus Waffle House's glorious hashbrowns. I get mine scattered, smothered, diced, and capped. Sometimes peppered too.

>Is Jersey Mike's any good?
It's a basic sandwich shop. Better than Subway.

Chic-Fil-A sauce. That's the only condiment you need. It's a mix of barbecue sauce and honey mustard.

>That complimentary breakfast will just have rubbery scrambled eggs and toast/ bagels at best.

Doesn't sound much different than waffle house, where everything is of shit quality and fired in the nastiest tasting oil possible. The only benefit of waffle house is that they are open 24-7 and tolerant of drunken antics.

Publix and Chic-Fil-A. Skip the rest. PF Changs isn't really fast food, you are thinking of Pei Wei which is their fast food edition. You might also want to try Firehouse Subs.

I hope you venture out and try some better food than fast food though.

They don't have deep fryers at Waffle House dipshit. If you mean grilled on the flat-top griddle, my eggs have been perfect every time.

I'm not talking about deep fried food. I'm talking about whatever oil it is they put on their griddle. It always has some kind of foul chemical sort of taste, and it's in everything they cook--eggs, hash browns, you name it.

>>my eggs have been perfect every time.
I've only eaten there a handful of times, but each time it was the same: shitty factory farmed eggs. Overcooked. Nasty aftertaste from the oil. Passable when you're hung over and there's no alternatve? Sure. "perfect"? Fuck no.

And don't get me started on how they don't have any genuine syrup there and only that fake shit that was tastes like it was tapped from a telephone pole in industrial New Jersey.

>complimentary breakfast at the hotel boi!!! kind of pointless to go out for that.
You eat at Waffle House at 4am, drunk, coming down from a coke high...not at breakfast time.

dude florida is gone

True Floridian here.

Here's what you absolutely NEED to hit:

Chickfila
Publix for their chicken tender pub sub
PF Changs OR Pei Wei which is honestly about the same
I highly suggest Panera Bread and Chipotle if you dont have those in leaf land.

Sonic pf changs and cracker barrel are shit, dont bother. The rest are good, Whataburger is a good place to checkout too depending on where in florida youre visiting

we got panera and chipotle. the former is still relatively new and there are only 2 locations that i know of and the latter has been a bit affected by the recent food scares even though canadian locations were not affected since 97% of the ingredients are sourced within the country.

Zip code 33410

closest Whataburger is like Jacksonville or Orlando

>West Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens area
Pollo Tropical or Chicken Kitchen: get the meal with chicken, mustard curry dipping sauce, salsa, beans and rice, maduros plantains
Tropical Bakery (West palm) or any of the cuban chains in miami. Get everything on the menu. From the bakery, you'll probably enjoy the pasteles and desserts, as well as really fresh cuban bread "toast" with a cortadito coffee.
There is good food all over West Palm, and some high rent district choices for world cuisine. Go hispanic and work your way around colombian, argentinean, peruvian, or whatever seems least likely to be found in Canada. There are also good jewish deli choices, as well as great fresh seafood and premium steak. Don't restrict yourself to chains.

We have chik-fil-a here in Canada, at least here in Calgary there's one at the airport.

taco bell

>>PF Chang
>There are way better chinese restaurants you could get for their price
Mind listing some?

What local spots were you looking at?