Santa Maria style BBQ

How many of you can name the greatest cut of beef without having to google it?

>tfw you dip it into your beans
>tfw you soak up the juice with your garlic bread

anyone else know these feels?

Brisket>Shank>Top Bottom

Come at me.

Your pic is not of a petit filet though. I am confused.

T R I
I
P

He means for bbq

I managed to somehow overlook the title

>The patrician choice
>Mfw texasfags bbq stew meat.

Not Texas; Santa Maria, CA. And it's pretty good.

Nigga I'm from California I know that. Tri tip is a massive cut of steak. I'm referring to the texasfags obsession with brisket and bony beef ribs. Both of which belong in a slow cooker.

Sounds interesting, but I doubt it's better than some Lexington, NC style pulled pork sandwiches.

This is patrician pork. Santa Maria is patrician beef. Let's just make fun of pleb Texas together.

smoking is slow cooking...

I didn't say it wasn't. You cannot tell me that since both a slow cooker and a smoker cook slowly you think the end result is comparable

Talk shit about Texas all yall want. Isn't gonna stop you Cali faggots migrating in mass to our self sufficient economy.

We we're overpopulated anyways. I'm glad the poorfags who can't afford to live here are leaving. You can have em. We're still the most populated state by a long shot and hopefully this will slow the housing development on the most pristine and fertile farming land the world has ever seen.

Brisket>Chuck roast>tri tip

>laughing_asian_girls.webm

>texas thinks they are good at bbq
lmao

>create massive housing and economic issues through horrible governing
>be the most emigrated from state for over a decade
>w-we didn't want those people anyway!
Calicucks are the gift that just won't stop giving

The worst part is that they repeat their same idiotic fucking behavior wherever they move, causing a housing crisis all fucking over again.
3 years ago I could rent a nice 2br apartment for $600/mo.
Now I can barely find a 500sq studio for $850.
All because of those fucking assholes

This was a highly regional thing when I lived in california, basically unheard of outside of a small area of socal. It's only recently that the rest of california has become aware of it
>move to texas to escape "government tyranny"
>house is swept away due to lack of tyranny in the building codes
Lol
California would be a lot nicer if they banned cages but every time I go back I'm astounded at how it's completely impossible to do anything without sitting in a glass and steel tomb for an hour

Texas will never be as bad, because you're allowed to actually build new units there. Whenever the population boom settles down and the construction catches up, you'll be back to super reasonable prices. And to be entirely honest with you, even now Texas prices aren't all that bad, compared to everywhere I've been. In the last year I've moved from Dallas to Chicago to Iowa, and I'd gladly pay Dallas prices still

>California would be a lot nicer if they banned cages
>The solution to overcrowded, massively overpriced cities is to just ban more things
Truly the pinacle of calicuck mindset.

>>house is swept away due to lack of tyranny in the building codes
>buy house in a floodplain
>decide not to upgrade it to deal with possible floods
>somehow the government is at fault for my stupidity
You people genuinely astonish me. I grew up in the floodplain for the Mississippi river, and we didn't need the state to tell us to build our homes in a way that could handle a regular natural occurrence.

I'm just pissed because my town used to be the perfect size so that there was asian markets, some quality ethnic restaurants, and incredibly cheap food and housing.
Then all the fucking calicucks moved here, got on all the planning boards, gentrified the shit out of everything, and completely fucked traffic up.
The cost of everything here has skyrocketed in the last 3 years and it pisses me off.

>The solution to overcrowded, massively overpriced cities is to just ban more things
Pretty much. Laying down asphalt doesn't solve traffic. It only makes it worse
I like how you're agreeing with me while trying to make it sound like you disagree with me. I guess this is a side effect of being a "nice midwesterner" in real life. You get all pent up with rage and you take it out on the internet
Imagine if you had been smart and bought a place with that cheap miracle housing. Maybe that's why you're so mad?

If you were actually trying to say that only idiots need building codes, and anyone who wasn't properly prepared for the flood deserved their fate, then yeah I misunderstood you and we agree.

>Only recently has the rest of California heard of it.
T. Never actually been outside of socal

Actually I've barely set foot in SoCal. The first time I went there was in 2013. I moved out of the Bay Area in 1998 (you probably hadn't been born yet). I return on a semi-regular basis and I first started hearing about Santa Monica barbecue in the late 2000s.

Why do I want more people I don't like living next to me? Seriously take all of the out of towners you can handle texifuck. Hopefully they wash away in the next hurricane. Or get sucked up by the next tornado.

I'm just somebody who's lived in the San Joaquin or Sacramento Valley my whole life and bbqd tri tip has been a constant staple my whole life. Also sold at every save Mart and Safeway I've ever been to. That's all.

Idiots definitely need building codes. So do geniuses. The idea with building codes is that they provide a useful guideline for people in a modern civilization where people don't spend their entire lives living on the same patch of land where their grandparents were born and died.

This might blow your mind since Texas takes a dim view on education, but we don't live in the stone age anymore and people can no longer count on songs recited around a campfire to pick up everything they need to know.

>I'd rather take all the neck cuts pls
Good have em, pleb

Literally your only argument is that people are too stupid to know what their home needs to be safe in its environment, and I have no pity to give for stupidity.

Growing up in the 805, annual bbq at my dad's work with that and the Santa Maria grills.

>Slightly charred garlic bread
>tri tip on red oak
>beans

Nice. Portuguese linguica beans, yes? (209) and (530) reporting in

No. Your idea of smart is "my family has been rooted to this spot for generations". Your idea of stupid is "I moved". That's incredibly unrealistic in this day and age, and any state whose laws and school curricula are based on that kind of thinking deserves endless mockery.

this california cut of the op post is quite good. very popular in brazil.

here it's more expensive than strip steak!

holy shit, are you me?

My dad worked for county of SLO, we would grill like 20 tri-tips for his work bbq. beans, garlic bread, linguica, the whole thing. best moments of childhood right there.