First time making chili

First time making chili

What else do I need? I am planning on adding ground beef unless there is a superior meat and also beans, what kind of beans are good?

> what kind of beans are good?
pintos, black beans, kidney beans. those are what I use. Any of the above or all

I use ground beef and/or steak cuts

if you want more spices you can use some coriander, smoked paprika, chili powder, and maybe a splash of soy sauce. CHli is so universal though, youve got basically the basics rifght there

>what kind of beans are good?

None, unless you're making a bean soup

Squeeze garlic is a giant red flag. Good selection of peppers though.

>squeeze garlic

it takes like 60 seconds to chop fresh garlic

Spices. Cumin, oregano, paprika, bay leaves

He's asking for chili, not hotdog sauce

Cook along time!

But this is fat free

but it's not activated, though

Just follow the 3 a.m. chili recipe

add like half a teaspoon of cocoa

also a can of beer to simmer off, I prefer red ales

That's a disgusting amount of tomatos

Fresh garlic you lazy fuck.

>already prepared garlic is my trigger
Not every wants to peel,chop, and small of garlic. you pompous ass!

My tips:
>50/50 mix of beef and pork, or if you're feeling fancy go for steak, cut it into cubes and sear it before adding to chili
>black beans are my personal favorite, black and kidney are both good, but I don't see other beans working out as well
>oregano and smoked paprika will amp up the tomato-y beef-y flavors
>low and slow

It's just better and not a bad habit to learn. I don't understand the opposition to it

The only acceptable beans for chili are pinto or pink beans. Period.

Also, beer is a good addition, so is a little coffee, for the cooking liquids.
Beef is best for chili, but I have done half beef and half hot pork sausage before ( when I didn't have enough beef on hand), and it turned out tasty.
Don't forget to add some cumin, especially, and if you have oregano, a little bit is good. Regular oregano doesn't taste exactly the same as Mexican oregano, but it's close enough. Don't add too much, though, you're not making bolognese. Epazote would be even better, but I don't know if you can find that where you are.
Remember that chili needs to simmer a long time over low heat, so everything can break down and amalgamate. Also, it will taste better tomorrow than it will today.

where's the meat?

I'm a lazy fuck that gladly uses powdered, or freeze dried garlic whenever I'm make something quickly. Yet when it comes to cooking a complete meal from scratch like this I'd never consider pre-minced garlic. Making it yourself is hardly more work and the taste difference is really worth it. Just use a press if ease is important. You'll get shit for it too, but it beats the shit out of garlic in a jar.

I forgot to mention it's going to be a vegan chili.

>squeeze garlic
americans

I really doubt anyone is going to notice the garlic, never mind being able to tell exact what kind of garlic was used.

Who knew squeeze garlic was triggering?

I decided to go with black beans and got some corn bread to go with it

by what magic

>black beans

You fucked it right up.

what's wrong with black beans?

What's the best way of chopping chili to get max heat in a dish?

>he doesn't own a garlic press

Stupid. Just don't pre char it. Put all the seeds in too. Also don't use any fats or oils. Do these and you will burn.

Puree in blender

Coffee chipoltle chili, with some black beans, steak and the usual spices, but with coffee and chipoltle taking the center stage.

Who needs that? Chefs knife works just fine. Smack garlic with the side of the blade. Skin falls off. Super fast and no garlic on your fingers.

They don't soften up enough to amalgamate, and they have less flavor than other beans, and they add a muddy color.

Ugh.

This.

Putting in some Cherokee Purple tomatoes from my garden

alligator meat or gtfo

oh my god ive always wanted to try cherokke purples
how are they

>squeeze garlic
>pre-ground black pepper
>black beans
holy shit this is gonna be some crap ass chili

>Who knew squeeze garlic was triggering?
I did. I mean, a garlic press used to be triggering here, so squeeze garlic may have caused some actual PTSD.

They are delicious, more flavorful than a brandywine but less meaty,

I decided to skip the beans

Really any ground meat is good, I like a combination of beef, pork, turkey but any combo works. I also use some hot and sweet Italian sausage, just take the meat out of the casing it adds some nice extra flavor. In terms of spices and such in addition to the obvious chili powder, cumin and such I learned from my dad that a a little spicy brown mustard actually adds a lot

Beans don't belong in chili dumbass.

Yes they do.

In chili beans they do. Separate entities.

Nope.

Chili w/o beans is simply a taco, burrito or enchilada filling. Get better texcuck.

you are missing paprika oregano cayenne, also add cacao powder or dark chocolate and a little cinnamon.

He fell for the chocolate in chili meme holy shit