Is the universe randomly generated? Why would God make a universe so large and handcraft every piece of it?

Is the universe randomly generated? Why would God make a universe so large and handcraft every piece of it?

set up the initial conditions and get it over with, maybe switch it up a little bit now and then
god ain't got time to babysit your ass

well we don't know how it was generated, how time and space both exist in an accurate answer that's why we don't know why it is random or why there are black holes or whatever, we give God this responsibility 2000 years ago but today this seems impracticable

>Is the universe randomly generated

duh

>Why would God make a universe so large and handcraft every piece of it

because people have no design experience

>we give God this responsibility 2000 years ago but today this seems impracticable

go back to >>>/reddit/

No it's procedurally generated. It follows laws and those laws propagate the same way every time.

>God
Lol, dumb Christcuck

Are you alright mate?

Not really.

As someone who's Christian who holds a science degree (I refuse to call myself a Christian scientist as that term has been tainted by morons) I believe that God works within the framework of physics and the natural laws.

Basically, if God wanted to create humanity on Earth the way to do it would be to put a favorable spin on the dust and gas of the early solar system so that in time life would form on the 3rd planet from the sun and evolve into mankind. There's no need for further involvement. So there is no need to put God in charge of every detail of the universe. He simply tugs one way or another for a favorable outcome in the future.

Once created of course God sees to his creation, offering guidance and laws to help us in our journey. He didn't simply abandon us but there's no need to call upon God for every little thing in the universe. So if we don't find order among the chaos that doesn't mean that God isn't present or have influence in our lives.

Nice argument! For being smart enough to see the truth >click here< for your Emperor Has No Clothes Award since we enlightened ones in no way shape or form resemble the vassals in that story.

Why would God allow the universe to go on this long though? It's been up for billions of years, what is our purpose?

I do not believe we are God's only intelligent creation.

Fuck off

Because He can. By "He" I don't literally mean He. God has no gender or physical form imo. It's just a way around the language block. People who use the "sky daddy" argument are really just showing how simplistic their thinking is.

I know but why is the universe so old?

maybe god could affect the world at a personal human level through multiple dimensions and picking the the placement of quantum particles.

or maybe there are undetectable miniscule strings that create planes hold things in a certain place and along with light(wavelengths) are from another dimension and keep a type of order

I also don't know what i'm talking about

>le simulation meme
We're actually God's intenstinal gut flora.

>Why would God make a universe so large and handcraft every piece of it?
>god ain't got time to babysit your ass
God by definition has unlimited resources, you're acting like he's a mortal person who only has a limited amount of time and energy to invest. Even the feeling of boredom is itself a mechanism for budgeting an organism's limited resources, God would have no sense of boredom.

Why would God give a shit about how long it has been running according to its internal clock?

I basically agree with this

not even in 1000 bilion years we could see all the starts in the universe

feels badman

A couple hundred years ago we didn't know there were any more galaxies than our own and we knew nothing about how common exoplanets might be.
At this time thinking that life on this world came about through random chance would have seemed extremely fortuitous.

However, now we know there are hundreds of billions of galaxies, each with a hundred billion stars, most of which likely have planets, and the majority might even have planets in habitable zones.
Once you have that knowledge the fact that intelligent life appeared SOMEWHERE becomes less of a fortunate event but more of a statistical probability. It could have happened on any of many billions of worlds.

It's possible the same is true with the universe. Not just one universe, but a multiverse may have been born.
Billions of failed universes, universes with different laws, universes that matter doesn't exist in, that didn't continue expanding. Our universe seems extremely fortuitous, but that's because it's the only universe we know.

If you created a computer simulation with beings inside, and then ran it at a reasonable rate, you would not have time to check up on every being inside your simulation.

Point being: there is more than one way to define a god

God is the most perfect being. Therefore, his judgement is perfect. His ability is perfect. He was able to create the universe in the image of his perfection, it is only the corruption of the soul that degrades the divine simulation.

Trump supporters say the same thing about him.

Trump is a good son, aiding God's chosen in their rightful manifest destiny. However, sin does lay within his crepuscular heart, therefore he is imperfect. God is not.
Now, go forth my child and teach the truth you have learnt here.

/pol/ please go

Art thou an anti-Semite?

>Why would God allow the universe to go on this long though?
uptime.

>there is more than one way to define a god
Are you just defining a "god" as "anyone who makes / simulates a universe with life in it?" I would just call that an organism with better technology than we have, not a god.
>If you created a computer simulation with beings inside, and then ran it at a reasonable rate, you would not have time to check up on every being inside your simulation.
An actual god wouldn't be limited by time constraints like that. Why use the word "god" if you're just going to treat it like a mundane limited organism?

why must there be a god?
i believe it is very human to project our needs into our confusions, mysteries, and into the universe around us.

humans are born and die, therefore, everything around me must also be finite with a definitive beginning. i have a creator, a father and mother, therefore the universe has a creator.

i was born, so was the universe, i will die, so will the universe? no, not necessarily. it is easier for me to buy the idea that the universe has been and always will be. it is beyond the limitations of mortality.

to expand on the "need" of god. we don't, neither does the universe. i will agree that there is a "thing" hiding just behind the curtain making the things the way they are, maybe that is "god". but to put a face and name to it, and to say that it walked on water, or performed any other miracle in any other religion, is pure imagination.

no but you write like a faggot

You seem to be mistaken. I do not look to God to see where I came from. I look to God to see where I'm going.

So the need for God is not to explain the mysteries of the universe it's to understand my purpose in life.

>God

>People who use the "sky daddy" argument are really just showing how simplistic their thinking is.
But the majority of religious people treat it as a type of sky daddy, an anthropomorphic magic being who acts like a conscious being.

Not a christian here but a being that can make a universe would be so intelligent they could handcraft each individual particle in the universe in the time it takes for our molecules to move a nanometer.

to diy and randomly go to heaven or to hell

God has more time to design shit than us, so to him it might feel like this universe is pretty small

why must there be a purpose?
why can't you just be the universe, of the universe, by the universe, in the universe, observing the universe.

or what can't you just be?

why must you have a purpose?

It's a roguelike, because God values replayability over quality.

Whether I want a purpose or not is irrelevant to the fact that I have one. Understanding our relationship with God unlocks the purpose to our existence. You may say it helps to have a purpose or we desire purpose and that may be well and good but it's better to ask 'what is our purpose' than to ask 'why have a purpose'

Well, if we accept that he's eternal, omnipotent and omniscient, it isn't as though he doesn't have the mind to accomplish it, nor the time to do so in.

When you say "GOD", you surely mean that muslime god, right?

no and god is not real

sorry to rain on your parade

>tfw god is a IT nerd and we are living in his computer

We don't have any idea how the universe came about so we can't answer on random generation. In regards to design, there's generally no reason to suppose it. God is traditionally connected to the idea of Divine Conservation and that's a more complicated situation there though.

why? lol was my answer too normie for you?