What are the scientifically promising methods of slowing, or reversing cognitive decline?

Other urls found in this thread:

diabetesincontrol.com/metformin-and-alzheimers-a-potential-new-therapy/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shameless self-bump.

Doing exercise and eating healthy.

Define "eating healthy"? Does pescetarianism count?

Bump.

Three week water fasting.

I doubt that. Any sources?

learning to read properly

My properly is read good.

but have you done this?

Mental exercise (crossword puzzles, reading, Sudoku) MAY help.
There was a study of nuns. They all lived in a convent, ate the same foods, had pretty much the same daily routines, so a lot of variables didn't apply.
When they applied, as young girls, to become nuns they had to write an essay explaining their reasons. When they died in their 70s and 80s, their brains were autopsied. The ones showing the greatest amount of cognitive decline and loss of brain tissue were the ones whose essays were the simplest. No similes, metaphors, etc. Being smart at a young age apparently gives you a "cushion". You can lose more before it starts to show.

I don't know of any drugs approved to treat the condition. There's some evidence that the diabetic drug Metformin may help.
diabetesincontrol.com/metformin-and-alzheimers-a-potential-new-therapy/

Can you elaborate?

That's the most beautiful infographic I've ever seen, user.

Thank you, user, I'll research it a little.

dont die

smoke 1g of DMT every day

But I don't want to visit the machine elves?

I'm still waiting on this.

look into fasting. I study biology of aging and starvation essentially turns on a bunch of protective pathways in the brain. obv we dont fully understand how to control it yet but someday we may be able to target these pathways with drugs. until then, look into fasting diets.

Thank you, could you link us some studies?

What was it?

>>>/reddit/

There's a whole section on FORMALIZED LOGIC, you fucking retard.
There's also a nice book on a mathematical mindset, which isn't half-bad.
But of course, you're just trying to desperately hard to fit in with Veeky Forums 'purism'.
You sad pusillanimous puerile punk.

what you might not notice is that "formalized logic" means very different things to people in trash liberal arts and to people in math and pure logic

copi's introduction to logic is literally the only book in that pile of shit that you could try to justify being here. and i'm giving you the benefit of doubt there, it probably is some shit "logic" for humanities idiots

yes, but veganism is optimal

>book on a mathematical mindset
how about an actual book on math you retard?

downloaded copi to check, it's absolute trash for humanities idiots. kill your fucking self

Fine, apply logical positivism to all of life's interactions and you'll notice that you'll need a QC to parse that.

Mindset is as important as the skill itself, retard.

>[some buzzword nonsense]
honestly just don't post here if you don't care about science and math. if you like humanities go to Veeky Forums or something

I made a valid statement you fucking philistine.
Do you even know what logical positivism is? :'D

>>>/reddit/

>If I don't understand something, I just direct them to Reddit, am I smart yet? :^)
Yeah, I didn't think so. Gosh, the Veeky Forums old guard really has been replaced by a bunch of retarded high school graduates.

This is not a complicated concept: if you want to discuss shit unrelated to science or math, go somewhere else. I will not get into a dick measuring contest justifying my knowledge to you.

Fuck off

>I will not get into a dick measuring contest justifying my knowledge to you.
Or the lack of it, apparently?

take bacopa

>pusillanimous puerile punk

imagine being so desperate to alliterate that you make yourself look like a thirteen year old with a thesaurus

the books on that graphic are fucking horrible, and only a retard who cares about LARPing as some intellectual of old would even use the term "trivium".

>Mindset is as important as the skill itself, retard.
What do you think the majority of decent mathematics books aim to do?

Can confirm, consider me his source

You could live in a cooler and treat yourself like the rotting piece of meat you really are

>That alliteration
>The same kind of far-reaching thought-grabbing that slows down the progression of cognitive decline

I think I know which one of you morons is going to be literally shitting himself first.