So now that Sam Harris is a redpilled race realist is his career over?

So now that Sam Harris is a redpilled race realist is his career over?
Or will race realism gain mainstream acceptance?

Other urls found in this thread:

samharris.org/podcast/item/forbidden-knowledge
newlearningonline.com/new-learning/chapter-6/chomsky-on-iq-and-inequality
youtube.com/watch?v=ifpIw3EK7-A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this the right board lad?
He's not a race realist, he autistically pussy-footed around hard data that pointed to intellectual disparities among the races of man.
>why should we study this?!

This from a man who can not wait to tell you how many swedish coins (((his))) people have won.

To what exactly are you referring?

He's lying and baiting a very large pool of people who love to hate on sam harris for various reasons.

He's a writer and a philosopher, so yeah, it's Veeky Forums related.
>he autistically pussy-footed around hard data that pointed to intellectual disparities among the races of man.
Granted, I only had this in the background, but from what I heard he says it's all legit.
But he did say that there's no social benefit to doing these studies, or something like that.

samharris.org/podcast/item/forbidden-knowledge

Every scientist knows the human races are different. They choose not to talk about it.

>human races

He interviewed the guy who wrote the The Bell Curve and qualified it a million times saying he doesn't agree with how it's been used by hate groups. Also the actual author of the book said it isn't about race realism, and is more about how our society is becoming more intelligence-based and therefore disenfranchising the majority of people of all races who are only of average or below-average intelligence.

Reminder that The Bell Curve is pop-psych pseudoscience.

>hapmap and hgdp projects weren't real
>gonna be a goodboy bugman that lives in the city with my black framed glasses, ipod stuffed with indie rock and hip hop, and go to women in science marches

It's unbelievable how cucked American universities are. Allowing a invited guest to be ambushed by a group of masked sjw, and failing afterwards to crack down on them.

As long as he remains a jewish supremacist, he should be fine.

(((No social benefit)))

you'd be surprised to see that this is the direction in which Bong Uni's are headed too

It's not just a failure to crack down. It's both active and passive encouragement coming from every authority figure.

Why is it Pseudoscience? Give me a single reason.

PROTIP: He won't be able to.

This is the common criticism of The Bell Curve you see, "oh it's bad science, it's been disproven!!!" These kooks will never be able to explain anything past that, they just read someone else saying that and use it.

As usual, the Chimmer-man btfos the meme man and his meme friends

newlearningonline.com/new-learning/chapter-6/chomsky-on-iq-and-inequality

>noam chomsky

Sorry Sam but it's happened again.

>philosopher
no

youtube.com/watch?v=ifpIw3EK7-A

He doesn't attack the notion of IQ here, nor its predictive capability for 'success', but merely the socio-economic conclusion derived from the hierarchical stratification that results from IQ variances.

It still holds that a person with an IQ

>implying this masturbatory shittalking is actual criticism.

>intellectual disparities among the races of man

Those studies are deeply flawed.

Unfortunately, certain races of people tend to have higher levels of education, which makes studies like that difficult to do properly.

Not only that, but you have to have a reliable test to account for "intellectual ability" which is nearly impossible to comprehensively do.

It should be plainly obvious to anyone with half a brain anyway, just from observation of people, that people of different genetic backgrounds don't tend to have significant amounts of intellectual abilities that it can't be accounted for based on education and how you're raised.

>hapmap and hgdp projects have anything to do with categories of "race"

He got bitched the fuck out by chomsky years ago
Been washed up ever since

He was washed up before he even started writing.

Can you explain you visceral hate? It looks like the majority of posters despise ben stiller, but I've yet to see anyone explain why

It's uneblievable how cucked America is by corporate interests more so than anything. Other than people from piss-poor economies or those with shitty education nobody wants to live in America.

>It's uneblievable how cucked America is by corporate interests more so than anything
how is this addressing what the other poster said. both statements are true and compatible
>Other than people from piss-poor economies or those with shitty education nobody wants to live in America.
This is false

He's like Peterson in my view. He's a person with limited knowledge in a field of enquiry i.e. philosophy, he refuses to engage with the literature because he says it's boring and then feels it proper to espouse views as though he's an expert.

Honestly, it's his histrionic behavior that irks me the most. He's constantly putting on a persona of a public intellectual, but whenever he's significantly challenged by somebody else, he immediately begins passive-aggressively complaining about "the limits of discourse" or "boring academic terminology". Sam Harris is a massive fucking bitch, in addition to a fraud.

Africans adopted into high wealth families with good education still do worse than whites with regular education

I know you wanna blame it on socio economic factors but that's not the reason

Read "The Bell Curve Myth". Have you ever considered WHY the data is presented as a bell curve? Because that's not the raw data.

Can you explain why IQ doesn't correlate with household income almost at all, and only explains roughly 10% of the deviation?

does he actually say it's boring and is it his views that make you hate him, or his dismissive attitude towards a certain corner of literature?
I'm assuming you're referring to the Chomsky event. I disagree with him on that, but Chomsky was sperging out too with a de-facto dismissal of weighing intent when making value judgements in general. I can see why his histrionic approach would irk someone though, but I think it is for that precise reason that he is more accessible. And he is a very efficient communicator, which would make him a clear target for those who want to engage with his views. I'd rather see more of that than meming based on identity politics.

The fact that it's not mainstream now means that it never will be.

>I'm assuming you're referring to the Chomsky event

I'm referring to a whole lot of events. Chomsky, Dennett, the list goes on and on. Harris has no idea about the ramifications that he's dealing with, and he can hardly mask the humiliation when he's trying to put on the facade of calm rationality to his fedora-wearing audience.

>Can you explain why IQ doesn't correlate with household income almost at all, and only explains roughly 10% of the deviation?
I'm assuming it's for the same reason intelligence (however you'd like to describe it) doesn't correlate perfectly with household income
>Read "The Bell Curve Myth". Have you ever considered WHY the data is presented as a bell curve?
You don't understand statistics. If you did you'd see the usefulness of normalising data as to represent it through normal distribution.

What is "race realism"? Is it just a euphemism for being racist?

the Denett episode was a disagreement around compatibility. It's a perfectly reasonable debate. I really don't get the visceral hate and the language you use. Fedoraism is ubiquitous now and there is no public intellectual or author that isn't plagued by such an audience.

Don't mind OP. He's just baiting