Giving restaurant employees free money for no reason

>giving restaurant employees free money for no reason

Do Americans really do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm
dol.gov/general/topic/wages/wagestips
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>being "that guy" who doesn't tip

She needs to learn how to write correctly.

Yes, Americans used to be so rich that rewarding good service was the norm

But high ranking corporate cucks started hoarding money making average Americans not rich anymore.

At this point tipping was already standard and people kept it up to not look poor, so businesses took advantage of this to pay employees below the minimum wage.

Yeah, over the years we got conditioned to shame people who don't bend over backwards for waiters/waitresses. If it is up to me I won't even eat out, but if I have to for a social event I tip.

It is a bullshit concept and it only exists because of greedy restaurant owners. They are supposed to pay the difference if the waiter/waitress does not make minimum wage, they don't tell you that part tho.

Be a good little goy and give your money to someone who carries plates for a living.

"why work hard when I can inconvenience others, says the poorfag"

Only the US could have such pathological tipping culture, with the whole "temporarily embaressed millionares" thing you have going on. It really is okay to not give people addiotional money for utterly average service.

Also, if I knew a fair share of the tips went to cooks I would tip more, but you can never tell how much the waiters disclose at the end of the day.

I don't tip the man/woman who makes my food, but I tip the dipshit who carries it to me. What a strange fucking concept, the way you get shamed for not being a dumb sheep is funny too.

This nigga gets it, the cooks usually are the ones that actually earned the tip. The should get AT LEAST half of all tips.

The restaurant industry is a failing thing; partially because cheapasses are taught to buy the most inexpensive thing possible. So it's easier to hide cost in stuff like this.

It's sort of like a hidden tax even though it originally stemmed from negro servants not being paid enough. And the money is going towards failing companies, not government.

>yfw the cashier counter has a tip jar
Give me a fucking break

>$20
>note suggests this is supposed to be a large tip

If you don't spend at least $100 then why even go out? You could make better food at home.

American helicopter service is honestly the worst. What kind of nightmare clients are they used to dealing with? It felt like they were worried about being beaten.

Tips get split with the back of house workers, dumpass.

>giving someone MORE money for doing the job that they're already paid to do, to the standard that they're paid to do it to

why not tip your fucking mailman, or your doctor, or even your fucking cashier? Why are waiters so special?

My parents insisted on leaving a present in the mailbox every year for the mailman, I always found it so bizarre.

i gave the bartender at hooters $100
she was the only girl there who socialized with customers. the other girls just hung out back in the back

I often see one of the big complaints about tipping is that the waiter/waitress doesn't report the cash part as income. I don't really have a problem with that since the top orange tinted 5% don't pay any income tax and are afraid to even show their income tax filings.

So, if I get decent service and food I'll tip in cash. Anything even minor goes wrong you're not getting shit. I lived too long in asia, fuck bad service.

>inb4 the top 5% say we're completely legal when we don't have to pay income tax because we wrote the tax laws by bribing a whore congress

Most waiters hog some tips to themselves if it's in cash and easy to split.

Because the restaurants get away with paying waiters less because tips exist. The cultural response to this is not to vilify the shitty owners that are underpaying their employees but the customers that don't pay their employee's salary for them. That's in the US anyway. Otherwise it's pretty much just whipping your dick out on the table.

>waitress spills water on me
>says sorry and walks away
>never brings napkin or anything
>don't leave tip
>friends call me an asshole

servers in texas only get paid like $2.35/hour. it's fucked up

Not everywhere. I only support places where I know back of house gets a cut, they're the ones doing all the work.

You were in the right but you have to leave a 1 cent tip so the waitress knows she did something wrong. Otherwise she'll think you're a never-tip asshole.

All servers make at least minimum wage by law.

not in texas

>I lived too long in asia, fuck bad service.
I lived in Seoul for two years, bar none the best service I've ever had because you literally just wave down the server or press a button on a tablet and your shit magically shows up.

wrong bitch

No, servers EVERYWHERE get paid state minimum wage.
You receive $2.35/hr PLUS TIP and if TIP doesnt make minimum, the rest is provided by your employer.
>inb4 i cant do that!
>inb4 they never do!
You're retarded then and don't know how to anonymous report that shit and get the manager fired.

Most servers I know pull in $15-18/hr easy, even working at a fucking Denny's. Piss off with your uneducated whining about wage rates.

Helicopter service is spot on. The whole American restaurant culture is very bizarre for me.

Actually yes, the federal minimal wage is very explicit in this regard.

You don't work though so why would you know anything

Perhaps in a country that cared about all their citizens rather than just the rich ones.

no. i just googled it and according to US department of labor, the minimum wage for workers paid in cash is $2.13 in most states

And if they aren't assholes then they make almost as much as strippers. If they do fail at it; then the employer is REQUIRED to make the difference up to AT LEAST federal minimum wage.

Work in the service industry before being retarded please.

Yes they do, it's federal law.
It's embarrassing that people continue to believe this stupid shit about servers making below minimum wage.
Reminder that servers literally vote against any attempt to give them normal wages since they all know they make way more from tips while back of house makes shit minimum wage.

>I just googled it
Oh no! An expert! Everybody stand back!
It's $2.13 minimum AND TIPS
If the TIPS that you are PAID IN CASH WITH do not MAKE MINIMUM FEDERAL WAGE then the employer is obligated to MEET THE REMAINDER OUT OF POCKET
You dumb sack of shit

here, you faggot

The employer must make up the difference if tipped wage doesn't equal or exceed the normal minimum wage.
It's impossible for a server to make blow minimum wage legally.
Not my problem if your boss is breaking the law.

>It's the customer's responsibility to pay your fucking employees
No. Piss off. A tip is a bonus for good service on top of their current wages, not the actual wages themselves. Tosser.

>in my country people dont use tippig because waiters get 10% of the sales
>this is law
>you still need to pay the guy that hangs arround the cars outside of whatever place gets a lot of people
>they earn more than minimum wage and hardly anyone tells them to fuck off because they are afraid of them damaging the car

I wante dto feel proud about not having to tip but then I remember I still need to tip the guy outside.

nope, dope. try again

cite that law, please.

>A tipped employee engages in an occupation in which he or she customarily and regularly receives more than $30 per month in tips. An employer of a tipped employee is only required to pay $2.13 per hour in direct wages if that amount combined with the tips received at least equals the federal minimum wage. If the employees tips combined with the employers direct wages of at least $2.13 per hour do not equal the federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference. Many states, however, require higher direct wage amounts for tipped employees.
dol.gov/general/topic/wages/wagestips

Where did you infer that from my post?

Not that guy, but because you guys don't know shit then I'll like the Department of Labor.

Read the whole law you tards. Two bucks is the starting wage before tips regardless of where you are. Anything less than federal minimal wage means the employer is legally required to make up the difference.

>I am legitimately retarded
This gets covered in every single fucking tipping thread you dipshit, the perpetuation of "we only make $2/hr!" is to trick retards like you into tipping them more, which they then don't pay any income tax on and end up making as much as a entry trade professional.

This. Tipbeggars are jerks.
Reminder Joe's Crab Shack went from tips to no tips @ $15 an hour and lost a swathe of wait staff.
Iirc they are shutting down now