Just splurged and bought some buffalo steaks, thoughts on best way to prepare them? Don't have a BBQ

Just splurged and bought some buffalo steaks, thoughts on best way to prepare them? Don't have a BBQ.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/recipes/bison-tartare/11256/?utm_term=.8e9939f1c631
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you got memed

Low in fat, plus just had to try,they were out of Emu...

low in fat is not a quality you want in steak

You can prepare it medium rare because it's quite a lean cut. No need to cook it much more because there isn't a significant amount of fat in the interior that you need to melt. Season it however you'd season a steak. I'd keep it simple to let the buffalo taste be the main attraction. Salt, pepper, finish with a little bit of butter.

BBQ would be a waste.

Thnx, they have Gator and Camel....but I'm not that imaginative.

It was tougher than i thought it would be, next time ostrich, thnx anons

I love bison burgers but I can't imagine buffalo steaks being that great.

No, low in fact is not a quality you want in BEEF.

Pan fry in a super hot sear. Basically, grab a cast iron pan, heat it on the stovetop on high until its smoking hot. Drop the steak down for 2 minuts a side and when you are near done, use a tongs and sear the sides. Then stick the steak on a plate and under a bowl for 5 to 10 minutes. Comes out a perfect medium rare.

On second thought, why not make bison tartare?

washingtonpost.com/recipes/bison-tartare/11256/?utm_term=.8e9939f1c631

Will try this, the meat stuck to the bones firmly, did not like.

salt and pepper, sous vide, cast iron/carbon steel sear, some garlic butter

how do you live without a bbq

>muh plastic cheese
>muh team sports
>at least I'm not {indistinguishable neighboring flyover state}

They don't work to well in a basement.
Salt and pepper with some onions, turned out ok.
Store owner kept saying how it was expensive cause cows are given steroids, and the Bison were grass fed...?

I'd probably just do that standard for steaks. Sear on each side for 30 seconds in a pan on very high heat, immediately transfer to the oven at 350 for 11-13 minutes to get it to a nice medium rare.

Microwave for 7 minutes on high, slather in catsup

Not into raw rare meat, thnx

you're loss