Millenials will never remember the glory days

millenials will never remember the glory days

Arby's old subs. HOLY FUCK

Seems like a great way to stiff you on toppings.

i saw that back in 91 or so. thought it was an odd way to cut bread for a sammich

I still do the triangle cut. It's great for supermarket bread which notoriously breaks apart if you try to slice it part way through and open it up.

FIVE

FIVE DOLLA

FIVE DOLLA FOOTLONNNNNG

ITT: Pedophiles

I'm assuming this is what OP is talking about.
I quit going to Subway after they stopped doing this. Same thing with Mcdicks after they ditched the dollar menu. The whole point of fast food is the fact it's cheap.
No wonder so many people are going to places like chipotle and five guys instead. If I'm gonna be paying more for this shit I might as well get better quality.

dat turkey sub was fuggin gold

op is referring to the way the "sandwich artists" used to cut the bread

How do they cut it now? It's been a few months since I've been to Subway but I'm pretty sure it still looked like that.

>they used to cut a triangular-like wedge out of the top for the full length
>now they slice it like a hotdog bun

I havent been in so long I didnt even know they canceled it.

Taco Bell two bean burritos for 2.75 is the sweet spot, anything else and I'll just bring my own shitty lunch

Fuck the triangle cut, bring back the seafood & crab sandwich!!

The glory days of pure shit????
I'm sure I'm older than you, and Subway was never good.

i had a buddy who worked at subway back when we were in high school.

he told me to never ever ever ever get the seafood and crab or the meatball sammich.

he wouldn't tell me why. he just said don't ever get either of those sammiches.

Shut up you old faggot

is blimpie still around?

I went there one time. It was weird.

Same situation and I heard the EXACT same thing. I was told that basically the same batch would be used for days on end until it was purchased, same with the meatballs.

I still rolled the dice and ordered that shit anyway...

I remember when Subways was a cool place to hang out during my teen years

I remember when Jared would fondle us by the subway loading dock

>huurrrrrduuuuuurrrrr

Never ate at a Blimpie. We had real sub shops.

The old...spicy...Italian.

CHIPS N SODA?!?

Yeah taco bell still knows whats up. That and the $5 cravings deal is a fucking steal.
Also Checkers still has some good cheap shit.

Shut up you old faggot

>tfw 5 dollar foot longs went to 6 then 7, now theyre at 8 wtf!

Haven't eaten a sub in like a year :'(

Ok, you apparently you can oder it cut 'the old way' off the 'secret menu'. If subway wasnt terrible, I'd try it.

the oldest millenials are mid 30

This
People need to stop with this millennial meme. Just about everyone on this site is one.

>McDonald's dropping the Dollar Menu

Maybe in bizarro world, I worked there until the early end of 2016, we still had it. No talk of not having it.

Millenium.Robbie.Williams.xxx.photoshop.full.version.warez.cracked.teen.anal.mo3.exe 32kb

Fuck, it still hurts to remember.
Not sure but does anybody remember Subways old pizza before they redesigned them?

>yfw sandwich artists

It was lit when Subway still the sub club with stamps.
My friend in high school worked at Subway and stole a giant roll of the stamps when he quit.
I don't think I paid for subs for like three years after that.

it wasn't that good of a deal
you still need to buy an overpriced soda

ITS CA-CA-CATCHING OOONNNNN

>70% chicken chicken

Weird. Here they raised the price of McChickens and McDoubles to like $1.50 or some bullshit

They were still five dollars as of a couple years ago. Then some food blogger activist bitch got on Subway about an additive they added to bread to make it last longer. The change to bread among other sub ingredients with Subway emphasizing "fresher" since then is why prices have gone up.

Around here, the only item still reliably $1 is the small drink. The sandwiches are all $1.29 and up.

>some food blogger activist bitch got on Subway about an additive they added to bread to make it last longer.
God these people are the absolute fucking worst. Same shit happened with McDonalds with their beef tallow and Super Size shit. People bitching about fast food need to be shot. ITS FUCKING FAST FOOD. ITS SUPPOSED TO BE UNHEALTHY YOU FUCKS. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN FOOD

>point of fast food is the fact its cheap
>cheap
>not fast

WITH SEVEN DIFFERENT SANDWICHES
WITH SIX GRAMS OF FAT OR LESS