Noticed my store had these cups in stock. They've carried the packages for years, but never seen the cups before...

Noticed my store had these cups in stock. They've carried the packages for years, but never seen the cups before. I'm about to try it. How is it?

only 1 way to find out

>how does instant ramen taste, I've been looking at it on the shelf for years
What was going through your head when you decided to make this thread?

You have terrible reading comprehension. Embarrassing!

Indeed. Well, I'm back with a verdict.

That was hands down the best cup ramen I've ever had.

That brand had always been delicious

he's a cat what do you expect

Don't assume gender come on now

they can't taste much different than any other package of cheap sodium, dried veggie scraps and noodles

well they do

The heat covers the bland flavor beneath unfortunately.

>heat
>bland flavor
wrong & wrong

The packets are better in every way. Better broth, better noodles, better veggies. Only get the cups if you want to eat them at work or something.

Fucking delicious.

Perfect spiciness with a buttery creaminess.

shin is top tier

Pretty good

Huh, my local store stopped carrying the cups and switched to packages. Having to dirty up a bowl ruins half the point of instant ramen.

i think the cup ones arent nearly as good as the packet ones

us Asians just eat it out of the pot lol fuckabowl

and this is why the first world considers you to be subhuman scum.

Fuck off you dirty gook.

Its literally the same as the packages but in a cup. How fucking stupid can you get

Just prepare a glass of milk when you eat it. Drink the milk if it's getting too hot.

The cups are considerably lower quality than the packs. Honestly not worth the $1 they cost

aww dirty american piggu doesnt know how to clean pot HAR HAR

>prepackaged food
It's shit. How is this even a question?

I'm going to be honest, I like the cup ramen better because of the ease of use. Fill the water to the line or slightly more if that's how you like, close for 3 minutes, then stir and eat. Toss away, no mess besides a utensil unless you use a disposable. I feel like when I try to make the packs, the results are less consistent. How do you cook it for optimal taste? The instructions are shit.

Shin packet > Shin Black packet > Shin cup > Shin black cup

In other words that's the worst one. But it's still pretty good.

literally 10 times more expensive than ramen should be

How do you make the packet?

THIS

coworker brought the cups in

taste nothing like the packs

I'll bet you would have so many dirty dishes

should have just got the hot and spicy bowl

This most common mistake is using too much water. You should only use about 16 fl oz of water, or about a little less than 1 plastic water bottle. You also want to be sure not to overcook the noodles.

Cooking the packet also lets you add things like an egg, meat, cheese, vegetables, rice, etc.

How long should the noodles be cooked for? This is probably the part that gets me. Should the heat be turned down any or just keep it at a boil? Do you include the time in which the noodles are still in the pot and then transferred to the bowl?

The lack of dishes is just a bonus, the key part is the consistent results. The instructions work well for the cup, not for the packet.

I err on the side of undercooked because it will cook a lot just by sitting in the bowl, waiting for it to cool down.

My method is
Add spicy packet, veg packet, and noodles to boiling water
Flip noodle block after 2 minutes or so
Add savory packet just as noodles start to separate easily with a fork and become flexible
Cook another minute
Add parboiled veggies, frozen shabushabu beef, and chopped cabbage at this point
Turn off heat and give it a mix. Cabbage and thinly sliced meat will cook really quickly

Then I drop a poached egg in my bowl and pour the noodle soul on top. Squeeze some lime over it, maybe add a tbsp of coconut milk if I have some already opened.

The stovetop cooking process of the noodle soup itself is very fast, maybe 6 minutes at most.

you think shin ramyun is neither spicy nor bland?

Better soup base and is the better microwaveable insta-ramen than the regular one.

HAha "fuckabowl"

I wish that was my name.

The packages are much better than the cups. I remember getting one of the black cups and being disgusted by it. If I'm not mistaking they are also more expensive.

Yea this

Do white people really think this shit is hot?

I add sraccha sauce to mine

what am I looking at exactly

the inside of a vagina.

A 3d goatse. These images were popular in magasines many decades ago. Cross your eyes close to the screen and it will appear, young grasshopper.

Package is definitely better than the cup version.

They're fucking instant noodles if you've had one pack you've had them all.

why the fuck hasn't anyone mentioned the best variety?

What's the difference in the black and red versions?

The red is better. Black package is a meme.