Sunday

>sunday
>bible belt
>cant buy booxe because its jesus day

why are these laws legal in the US? I know not all states have them but quite a few in the bible belt have it illegal to buy liqour on sunday. Im a fedora tipper, why cant I buy booze when I want?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Belt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The same reason sharia law is enforced in middle eastern countries. They're the majority, you're not.

what state so I can avoid living there?

PA fucking sucks too. Any other state I've been to has beer sold anywhere.

Tennessee

Its more of a county to county thing, but almost every country has some regulations on alcohol purchases on sunday, most are just wine is illegal, in mine its all booze

What the fuck is booxe you filthy sand nigger?

Because the purpose of the US governmental structure allows for local laws to be far far more specific than federal and state ones.
You don't actually have a constitutional right to certain kinds of food goods. The federal government cant ban booze but anything more specific than that can completely ban the sale. That's why dry counties are even possible.

My backwoods Georgia town had a vote to allow Sunday alcohol sales a couple years ago that like 95% supported. Still not allowed to buy alcohol before noon tho cause that's the lords time can't be drunk at church

except religion and law are supposed to be seperate and its only illegal because of christcucks

>The federal government cant ban booze
That's where you're wrong, kiddo. They did and it was a spectacular failure. Flash forward to current 'War on Drugs'. Lather, rinse, repeat.

we finally got wine in grocery stores here this year. it makes cooking a little easier

>Not buying copious amounts of liquor on Saturday
Ok?

There's no religious text in the law. Individuals can simply find alcohol use abhorrent.

No, I mean they specifically cant because they already repealed that amendment, and once repealed it cannot be reintroduced

Name one rational reason I should not be allowed to buy liqour on a sunday

move

Oh, there isn't a good reason at all.

Funny thing about that. The big (chain) liquor stores in my state actually lobbied against the idea of allowing them to be open on Sundays. Why? They didn't want to have employees on the clock for an extra day and therefore need to pay them more or hire more people; nor did they want to lose the surge in sales/traffic that happens every Saturday.

As long as you live in a wet county, you can still buy beer or wine after 12pm on Sundays, so it was never really much of a loss.

The states with the worst liquor laws aren't even in the South.

At least in the South you can buy beer on Sundays.

My county in the south is probably the most retarded out of all the US. It was completely dry until a few years ago when they passed a law that wine booze and beer could be sold in the county seat, but the county is still technically dry and people over 21 are being busted for possession of alcohol. Fucking christers.

>hurr durr bible belt
Fuck off man

It's not just the bible belt, though that region does suck. And it's usually Catholics and Baptists pushing that shit elsewhere.

People who aren't extreme alcoholics would just buy a bottle on Saturday. Shit only sucks when you suddenly decide to cook a dish that requires wine and don't want to use that salted-car fuel they sell as "cooking wine." Or deglaze something with liquor.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_Belt
Grow up

Avoid the red squares. The yellow ones will be hit or miss.

They had to amend the constitution to do that. That amendment has been removed. So now they can't again. Take that buddy.

Ideally, you wouldn't be allowed to buy liquor any day.

An appealed amendment can't be reintroduced?

Fuck
Forgot the map of dry counties.

The US literally bombs countries for trying to enforce sharia law.

See: Afghanistan, Somalia, Iraq, Libya, etc.

The map misses Indiana and parts of Minnesota. I've been there. Hell, Indiana has the gall to ban liquor sales on Holidays.

How hard is it to find someone selling moonshine in USA?

First one I found. It's off wiki so I'm not did its
Surprised a little inaccurate.

It's cheaper to just buy everclear in most areas. There's a brand called Moonshine but it's just underaged whiskey, usually with fruit or some shit in it.

>Somalia
Wasn't that executive order only, aka limited action because only the commander and chief approved it?

Carpet bombing the Bible Belt would be a step forward for this country. Let's finish what General Sherman was too "nice" to see through to the end.

Let's have B52 sorties for a few weeks, on every state south of the Mason-Dixon line and east of New Mexico. Send in the drones to mop up, and repopulate those areas with a management class of Chinese and Indians, with Mexican labor to do the rebuilding. These people would be carefully selected by a reconstruction agency through an application process, and granted unconditional citizenship upon approval.

You say that as if Indiana is renowned throughout the world as a shining beacon of progressive modern values

Like Detroit, it was alright when it had more industry. Now anyone with any sense has abandoned it. And it has become such a drug populated area that feds are embedded with small-town police. Scary that such a rural state can set records.

You ever see the TV show 'Revolution'? Removing modern conveniences and connections and letting humanity cull itself seems far better than the conditions in a lot of cities, but that would fuck over the rest of us.

That's not why they bomb those countries my man

Minnesota is all legal now. Some stores just choose to stay closed on sundays

It literally was unless you still believe Saddam had 'yellow cake' and 'links to al qaeda' and the same goes for libya.

Somalia is a no-brainer, the islamic party won the democratic election and America disliked this so they decided to completely destroy the country for the sake of freedom (registered trademark of Lockheed Martin).

The US is christian, an abrahamic religion just like Islam. Although the 3 semitic religions never stop warring with eachother they share common beliefs. The foremost being puritanism, no fun allowed.

We literally found NBC weapons by the thousands buried in the south; but hey that wouldn't look good now that we admitted we were wrong. I guess it gets almost no news coverage. I know little about what happened in Somalia, but Lockheed should be the least of your concerns. Expensive-ass munitions actually do expire.
I thought we invaded Afghanistan to protect the opium fields for the pharmaceu-

We will never understand the bullshit politics that goes on.

Buy a bottle on Saturday and save it for the next day, moron. Or was the fucking law introduced yesterday?

i bombed your mom's carpet last night

>The US is christian
No it's not. Despite there being a lot of Christians it is by no means a Christian theocracy. Hell there are federal laws against that shit.

>Hell there are federal laws against that shit
There are federal laws against a lot of things that still end up being done by government at various levels

I am always prepared with my alcohol supply to avoid this bullshit. I live in Chicago and there are no liquor sales between midnight and 8 AM each day except Sunday you have to wait until noon. Which is completely fucking stupid because of the number of people preparing for football game parties, which of course start at noon every Sunday.
You know what else is completely retarded about Illinois? Car dealerships are closed by law on Sunday. Fucking CAR DEALERSHIPS! Explain this shit.

>end up being done by government
You're moving goal-posts. Dynasty assholes we can't remove from power because we require them to approve it is a whole different matter than the rest of the country.

Baby steps. We can't realistically expect cages to be banned overnight, can we?

How can I be moving goal posts if I'm not the person you're arguing with? Checkmate atheists

same here in texas. fucken sharia law

Land of the Free.......

State Laws...

And the Home of Not Wanting Federal Intereeeerance.

I live in NH, stores are open every day of the week. They don't exactly have the best hours, and in central and northern part of NH they do get a bit sparse but that is largely do to how rural it is.

Chemical weapons which were provided by the United States to help Iraq in the Iraq-Iran war, that wasn't the concern, the concern was 'yellow cake', 'aluminum tubes' and 'links to AEL QAEYAYDA' as Bush so elegantly repeated.

You have to understand that those laws were put in place in an era of American Intellectualism, it was the enlightenment period the likes of which America has not and never will see again thanks to the mass influx of German and Irish overly-religious potato farmers which became the majority in bumfuck nowhere states.

It wasn't removed, it was repealed. Could they not just repeal the repeal? Idk, I'm not a constitutional lawyer but it's a living document, subject to change.

Oh suck a lemon. A private treehouse of jackasses supported by a wealthy community of merchants is hardly "intellectualism." I'm happy, but surprised, it worked at all.

And the mass-influx of immigrants affected the cities as well.

But you are right; ultra-conservatism needs to stop. As long as people aren't directly affecting your life, you have no right to control theirs.

t. Hans Gruber

I'm Orthodox and I think it's unnecessary but if you buy beer during the week and it doesn't last until Sunday you're being done a favor, desu

If you can't anticipate your need to get shitfaced on a sunday you are probably an alcoholic.

Its an insane law that has no reason to exist. What if you applied it to literally anything else.

>"You can just buy bananas on a Saturday, why be upset they are illegal to sell on Sunday?"

Why should anyone be inconvenienced because of some law made by bumblefuck Christians that is 100 years out of date. Its completely pointless and there is no good argument you can make to support the laws.

Everything being closed on Sunday was the best part of living in the south. Its good to have a day where 99% of people have off and can spend witg family or friends. Living elsewhere its impossible to schedule with people due to days mix matching as the weekend doesnt exist.

In Texas you can't buy motorized vehicles 7 days a week. Dealerships have to ban sales on either Saturday or Sunday. This applies to even a go kart.

t. out of control alcohol

Alcohol is a drug, and should be banned. Alcoholics are a disease on society, and alcohol is a excuse to dull the senses and act like a idiot or listless memeber of society.

There is your argument.

If your argument is that Alcohol should be banned then why is it only banned one day a week? That makes no sense if you want to keep people from drinking. So if you are pro or anti alcohol either way the Sunday law is pointless.

>Weed is illegal only on Sundays, this will help stop the drug problem

Try an argument besides calling an alcoholic ad hominem

It's all for the saudis

>oops, I just got btfo by the guy I'm arguing with
>I've got it, just throw out an ad hom and laugh like a lunatic.

>Be Norwegian
>Limited alcohol sales
>And not on holidays
>End result is everyone having a decent stock of booze for holidays
Nice

Nope. Not the guy you were arguing with. You might be experiencing a B vitamin deficiency

Potheads get the rope too.

We had those Sunday blue laws in Kentucky for a while, back when my roommate worked in a liquor store and we both smoked pot. It was great! He would steal tons of liquor on Saturday night, and the pot dealers would come by our place on Sunday afternoon to trade weed for their booze of choice. We drank and smoked for free for over a year.

alcoholic fedora, I will enjoy tormenting you while you go through withdrawal

>tfw my state finally made it legal to buy booze on sundays

Last time I lived in Minnesota liquor laws went county to county.

I lived in Wilmar, which had no booze sales on Sunday and bars had to close at midnight, but 15 miles away in Spicer you could buy booze 7 days a week and bars were open till 2 am because it was a different county.

So when drugs are finally legalized and it's been a few decades will we have crackhouse themed bars where you can smoke a blunt while washing it down with a codine and soda cocktail served in a designer foam cup that costs $14.75 plus tip?

Colorado didn't allow Sunday sales until 2008(!). The abolition this law was opposed by convenience and grocery stores.

The reason is convenience and grocery stores are (were) only allowed to sell 3.2% beer and could sell it on Sunday. So they had more sales of 3.2 on Sunday than any other day.

The 3.2% law is now going away, slowly, with stores now allowed to sell it, but at a rate of a few new licenses a year. Coincidentally, this was opposed by liquor store owners who said it would cut into their business and cause them to close, as well as the small time (craft and micro) beer lobby who said this would wipe them out, somehow.

It may have started because of religious purposes, and while Colorado is in a unique place because of their 3.2 law, if it's still opposed in certain places it may only be because some industry in the state are being cunts about it.

Hipster trap houses kek
Hand made organic craft brewed lemon and lime soda mixed with codine made from fair trade poppies mixed with manuka honey and coloured with lavender extract
Served with fair-trade organic non gmo cocaine on a bed of wholegrain xanax
With a side of og starfuck kush rolled in Virginia tobacco leaf glued down with the tears of native American children

And yet the US is heterosexual life partners with the most brutal Sharia dictatorship of all, the UAE.

>Catholics
>against booze
Surely you jest

*Carpet bombing black areas

Fixed an objectively dumb comment.

>As long as people aren't directly affecting your life, you have no right to control theirs.

Which is why ALL forms of leftist and progressive ideology needs to be stopped.

I like this guy

>sharia law
>law law
>American education
>Uhh you would know XD

>They didn't want to have employees on the clock for an extra day and therefore need to pay them more or hire more people; nor did they want to lose the surge in sales/traffic that happens every Saturday.
Interesting. So some liquor laws correlate with increased profitability. Seems they only really affect niggers who can't plan a day before, like OP.

Do you mean busted for open containers while driving or something? I've only heard of a minor in possession of alcohol charge, the minor part being the crime.

*Carpet bombing white areas

Fixed an objectively dumber comment.

Oh boy, Nevada is truly the place to go if you're a suicidal alcoholic. Booze is sold 24/7 and is sold in some form, at least beer or cocktails, at nearly every establishment that offers retail goods or food. You have to be REALLY trashed at the wrong place for people to even really mind you being publicly intoxicated.

My favorite was a liquor store that doubled as a guns and ammunition store.

I miss Nevada so, but I never drank as much or as offen as I ever have before or since in my life there. I would probably die or at least go homeless if I went back.

niggerlover

>tfw can buy booze 24/7, 365
sometimes yurop is not so bad

damn, packing my bags

to be fair, most laws are not rational

>and is sold in some form, at least beer or cocktails, at nearly every establishment that offers retail goods or food.
um, Wisconsin here, Is this not normal?

Just because you're an uncultured swine yourself, doesn't mean you can't respect tradition.

>And it's usually Catholics
no, the most catholic states, like the upper midwest and New England drink the most

Being a binge drinker is nothing to be proud of

Anyone habitually drinking more than 2 drinks a day, or more than 5 drinks in a single session more than once or twice a year has got a disease, and that disease is called alcoholism

Moderation master race reporting in, I look forward to looking down my nose at you when you've turned into a teetotaller because you couldn't handle a nice thing

To punish you for not having the foresight to buy it ONE DAY EARLIER/cruisecontrol

wait, who are you saying are the uncultured swine? The people who are still religious, or people who drink? (which is obviously much more traditional than any religion)

drinking 5 beers doesn't make you an alcoholic
Moderate drinking is any drinking that doesn't result in you neglecting your life responsibilities

Also, data shows that people who average 2 drinks per day live longer than those who do not drink (though averaging 1 per day show the longest additional lifespan). When you average 4 or more a day, thats actual alcoholism and life outcomes start getting dramatically worse

No single episode makes you an alcoholic, hence the word "habitual"

No one who isn't an alcoholic is drinking 5 decent quality beers and not getting at least a buzz. So either you're drinking garbage because you have zero standards for what kind of beverage you'll put in your stomach just as long as it contains alcohol, or you've got a ridiculous tolerance. In both cases, you are an alcoholic.

>b-but I read a study that showed
I'm sure you did. Most of those studies do not control for enough factors to suggest that drinking itself is what improves health. You're like those fat chicks who say "scientists told me chocolate is good for you". Quit lying to yourself.

>No one who isn't an alcoholic is drinking 5 decent quality beers and not getting at least a buzz.
getting drunk occasionally does not make you an alcoholic, that is absurd.

In Tennessee you can't buy wine or liquor on Sundays, there's no liquor in grocery stores, and there's no drive through liquor stores. Just last summer they allowed wine in grocery stores and you would have thought the second coming had happened. People were so happy they could buy fucking wine.