How do I get my boyfriend to embrace fish?

Both my boyfriend and I are interested in cooking, however he kinda just hates seafood, meanwhile I really love it.
It's a bit of a pain. Has anyone else had a partner who hated a dish or dishes and managed to make them like it besides force-feeding?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4TYv2PhG89A
allrecipes.com/recipe/25513/layered-seafood-dip/)
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

have you tried dating me instead

You just need to find a way to prepare it that he likes. Bacon wrapped shrimp. Crab dip. Cajun fish. Fish chowder. There are endless options.

Fuck fish, that shits no good for anyone.

Make him some beef and thank me later, name a kid after me or some shit.

Has he ever seen The Texas Chainsaw Massacre part 2?

If I had ovaries, I would, user.

Call him a pleb and slap him across the face with a fish until he passes out, then feed him the fish while he's still out.

Is this a thinly veiled attempt to have him chow down on your inaptly named beef curtains?

Tell him there's no sex until he eats the fucking fish.

it's because fish tastes like shit lol

I wish.
Nah, he just thinks seafood is bad. He likes dick, but he doesn't like fish.

Good plan!

Get out of here, you.

suck my dick

Very rude.
Also, I already did that lol

Try already filleted white flesh fish. Do fish and chips with liberal amount of vinegar. Then later, try fish balls. Basically meat balls but made with fish. Goes great with noodle soups.

Why do you feel the need to change the person you're with?

Just fucking accept who he is, poor dude.

Pretty much this, don't be fucking selfish

Tell him it smells like unwashed dick

This. Try dating him, OP and tell us how it works out.

I read this post and immediatley this song bean to play in my head.

youtu.be/4TYv2PhG89A

Smooth operator.

Convince him to go fishing, he will want to eat what he catches

Start with this.

Poor Anomy will never exist :(

Yeah, I generally hate sea food, but will readily get a salmon at a steakhouse, and ghetto frozen breaded fish fillets with tarter sauce. I consume about 20 ounces of fish per year, I'd guess. I won't touch any shrimp/crab/squid/etc though. Everyone has exceptions. You just have to find his.

Don't eat fish.
It's full of parasites.
All of it.
Part of the job of the guys behind the counter is to pick off the worms that are visible
But they don't get all of them. Not by a longshot.

sorry, ma'am. rules is rules.

tits or GTFO

not even fish dicks?

OP does not appear to be a ma'am.
This is also not /b/.
And /b/ isn't /b/.
And 4chin isn't 4chin.
All you see is but a subreddit.

And on topic:
Just try making meatballs out of fish, fish fingers or whatever you call them, etc. Just highly processed foods that don't resemble fish much. Also probably no strong fish smell. I dig salmon but most fish smells absolutely disgusting to me.

lemme smash

Put on some thigh high boots, latex, a nazi SS cover, and grab a whip. Punish him until he learns to like the nice fish you cooked for him.

Leave him the fuck alone OP. Why you gotta control his likes/dislikes? I'm sure you hate something he loves. Trying to change your partner to suit your tastes is selfish and toxic.

Either accept him as-is or dump him over a culinary disagreement like a manchild.

More like don't be so shellfish. Get it? Ok I'm out

Just deep-fry fish and serve it with fries +a garlic based sauce. I know plenty of people who hate fish in general but can enjoy a simple fish and chips like meal.

Are you a girl(male)?

Goddamn woman just wash your fucking Vag.

Faggot

jelly?

Fuck that. Stupid advice.
If your serious about the relationship and you end up getting hitched your fucked on you meal choices. You want seafood your manchild of a partner wants tendies and fries and knows you will settle for tendies and fries so he doesn't budge and you eat at the local tendies and fries place. Or you can push the little bitch out of his comfort zone and get him to try new shit until he finds a seafood dish he can stand to eat and go from there. Just make sure you eat at a seafood place that isn't a shithole.

One way I got my ex to eat sushi was to say to him out loud in public "you can eat my ass raw but you can't eat fish raw?"

kek

I would pay to see that dude blacked for real.

Jeez /pol/, stop going true faglord, you're in hostile territory. If you want to reveal fetishes there's always a /pol/ circlejerk one click away.

start with inoffensive whitefish like perch or flathead and drown it in garlic butter
gradually reduce amount of garlic butter until it's basically plain grilled with a bit of lemon
go from there
alternatively just get him to try some good quality smoked salmon and that should be more than enough to turn him

cringe

I had a girlfriend with a shellfish allergy. Turns out I had a not eating shellfish allergy. Pretty easy fix. Just fire her and get a new one.

You know that guy IS /pol/, right? It's the Info Wars dude.

Oh fuck off. She's not trying to talk him into plastic surgery she wants him to eat food you fucking prick.

get calamari, most fussy people like it because it's mild and looks like onion rings.

>vagina joke
I didnt like schrimp until i tried fresh smoked ones in a harbor restaurant
Find an intro point, something hides the part he dont like

Seafood is disgusting. Fuck you you cunt.

a white person would die if they ate that cactus

Anyone would die if it's really 16 bil and more than a molecule or two.

>there are no benefits to eating fish

Underrated.

the best way is to disguise the fish in something else, while using the freshest fish possible. fresh fish is less likely to have that "fishy" taste that most people hate. try making mac and cheese with crab and shrimp, cut into tiny pieces, or try fajitas with steak and shrimp. once you can fool him into eating and liking some, then try to get him to try new things he knows have fish in the future. grilled salmon with a bbq type sauce is tasty and can mask the flavor a little bit. more or less my advice is to trick him until he tries something he likes, then use that to forever guilt him into trying more fish. the only way to get past not liking it is to just eat it, I did it to myself with mushrooms.

Op is a faggot
(literally he's a boy and has a boyfriend stop assuming people's gender based on sexual orientation)

DID YOU JUST ASSUME OP'S GENDER?

Make sure you wash yourself so you don't smell, and then return the favor.

I can't stand the taste or texture of cooked fish, it has to be either smoked or pickled. Cooked fish no matter how high-end smells like a fucking school cafeteria on a tuesday.
Don't force it or he'll grow to hate it even more, but I'm sure there are some fish fishes out there he'd like.

are you gay? into the oven
grill? withold sex unless he heats your smelly fish. both kinds.

We all shitlords here bruv

It was my privilege to inform you

I have a theory that in order to like seafood, you have to be exposed to it regularly in childhood. I love seafood, but my parents made it every once in a while and we'd vacation to beaches in South Carolina a lot where we'd get all sorts of seafood. Otherwise the best you can really hope for is gradually exposing him to it so he'll eventually tolerate it.

>ywn live a comfy childfree life with an infertile ck femanon
>ywn blow loads inside her bareback without a second thought
>ywn cook delicious together in your tricked out DINK kitchen
Why even live?

My gf has the palate of a little kid. Pisses me the fuck off.
>No tomatoes
>No olives
>No pickles
>Ranch deessing only, never Bleu cheese or anything else really
>Drench everything in ketchup
Chicken = good, meanwhile pheasant = ew OMG nasty
>Too salty BLAH
>Likes everything undercooked

She's like a kid, not only in that she's picky, but also that she's painfully stubborn and once she decides she doesn't like something then that's it for life. And she's not the type of girl who won't eat, in fact she typically eats more than I do at each sitting.

It's really weird because she's so mature and responsible in the rest of her life.

weak ass beta detected, only pheta men don't eat fish, fish is healthy as fuck and tastes great. How can your 'man' eat your pussy if he can't eat fish?

I suggest you stop dating 9 year olds.

Let me know if you figure it out, I fucking hate fish.Only way I'll eat it is if it's something that can go with ketchup.

Smear breast-milk all over that shit. Idk get creative!

I never even tried seafood until I was an adult, and now it's my favorite thing to eat.

>No tomatoes
>Drench everything in ketchup
huh
ok

Go to long john silvers.
Get all chicken and one fish.
Hide fish in chicken.
??????
Profit

Picky eaters deserve only ridicule.

dude like,

make together what you both like on shared time

make separately what the other doesn't on personal time

HOLY SHIT EPIPHANY !!!!

dip your dick in tartar sauce for fish and chip play

Let's pretend that ketchup tastes like tomatoes rather than vinegar and corn syrup.

Well, my bf (not OP), who is generally quite open-minded about food, refuses to eat tomatoes, ketchup, or any other tomatoid foodstuff. IME they resemble one another closely enough that dislike for one tends to coincide with dislike for the other.

Make fishcakes. They're not overly fishy and they taste delicious. You could make fish and chips (beer batter on cod is great). Don't jump straight in with tuna, it's a little too fishy to start with. Get him used to white fish first, then tuna/salmon, then maybe make a curry with prawns so he can get used to the texture before the taste.

Start forcing your boyfriend to cook his own meals then.
That's what I did and now he cooks. Do something like. When he declines you get to top or something. It dosent work if he's stronger than you tho lol

That shit gets real sad real fast as you get older.

How the fuck can anyone hate tomatoes? It's delicious as fuck.

>world's hottest pepper (chili)

He probably doesn't love you anymore lol

>He won't eat fish
>He probably won't eat the pussy either
Op I'll eat all the fish you can cook and you can sit on my face after dinner

OP is a male and you're a faggot.

>Oh no someone called me a faggot on Veeky Forums

Why would you try to force your partner to eat something they don't like?

I'd be happier that way. You can stock your fridge full of fish and nobody will eat it but you.

Also it's pretty easy to just cook side dishes that will pair with both steak and fish. You have the fish and cook him a steak.

Why does a full grown adult think it's ok to eat like a picky two year old?

Why are you so bothered about what other people do when it doesn't affect you?

The seeds gross me out

>It's ok to reject perfectly good, healthy food when there is actual starvation in this world
How unseemly.

I love beef but my wife hates that shit. So I started watching Ballistic BBQ and trained my burger making to that of an expert. I made this copycat burger consisting of a balsamic sauce and other shit. She ate the fuck out of it.

Just make a dish that he'll like.

Or get with somebody who likes fish.

I love fish.

Maybe if you want kids like some kind of retard.

Why lol?

I hated fish too.

Salmon, esp smoked salmon, was my gateway fish.

That and all kinds of americanized sushi rolls.

Try making tuna burgers or salmon burgers. I know a few people who dislike fish just due to never eating it when they were growing up, and even they like burgers made from it.

Lol. OP is a fag and now so are you

I don't understand why people like fish when saying that it doesn't taste fishy is considered a compliment to fish.

Cajun style catfish and shellfish are the only exceptions.

Get a nice fat slab of tuna, apply prosciutto on one side, pan sear it only on that side while basting the other with the fat, serve it with the proscuitto on top with a nice salad and homemade fries. If that doesn't do it nothing will

make a really elaborate dinner. Well made salmon, mashed potatoes, side salad, dessert, candles, the works. Surprise him when he's been out working for a bit.
If they don't eat it after all that work, find someone else.

former fussy kid who hated seafood. this is how i forced myself to enjoy it:

fish - taragon or dill, lemon, salt pepper, onion/butter if you like. if you batter it, paprika and lemon zest go nice
oysters(raw) - lemon/salt
scallops - cocktail sauce
lobster - melted butter or lemon, lobster roll
crab - old bay, butter or lemon, crab roll
shrimp - cocktail sauce, lo-mein or dip(allrecipes.com/recipe/25513/layered-seafood-dip/)
clams - in chowder or with tar-tar (fried clams)

Who is this anime?