What's the point of having a high IQ if it makes you a socially awkward outcast and you'll always have a less enjoyable...

What's the point of having a high IQ if it makes you a socially awkward outcast and you'll always have a less enjoyable life than the average IQ Chad?
Seriously though, why does high IQ = shit social skills? It doesn't make any sense, high IQ should make you better at EVERYTHING.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2187592/How-stress-depression-shrink-brain.html
independent.co.uk/news/science/loneliness-makes-your-brain-work-differently-study-shows-a6732056.html#gallery
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

brainlet detected

It is all an RNG. There are people who get low IQs but high social skills, so it makes sense that there are people who get high IQs and high social skills. Those people are extremely lucky and make for most of the billionaires of the world. I'm obviously talking about people like Donald Trump who use their high IQ to figure out the markets and their high social skills to be a people pleaser and minimize the number of enemies he has in his game.

Superficially you may not have as much but you have the capacity to enjoy and appreciate life on a much deeper level. Embrace it.

>you have the capacity to enjoy and appreciate life on a much deeper level

Not if he is posting on Veeky Forums. Odds are his capacity to enjoy life was crushed years ago. Now all OP has is a broken ego, barely sustained by pretending he is "smarter" than "Chad" even though both his supposed intelligence and the retarded concept of Chad is of his own autistic creation.

I have a pretty high IQ and am socially good. I guess I'm lucky that people fin my quirks endearing though

Sounds like you speak from experience

high iq and decent social skills here
it can be tough to have conversations sometimes though. its like im a super strong and fit negro that is perpetually forced to play pickup basketball with pasty skinnyfat dweebs. except in the intellectual sense. working on changing the people i associate with though. step one is quitting job (jobs are for faggots) and going back to grad school and working for a lab.

Sounds like a repercussion of your personality structure rather than your intellectual ability. Having a high IQ though can make it more difficult to connect with others in full, but this is a little different than awkwardness and engaging in daily conversation with others.

High iq generaly means better social skills, but it‘s harder to bond with people who can‘t keep up with anything you find interesting.

I don't know if this is bait or not.

How do I learn to enjoy conversations with normies? I desperately want to have more intellectual conversations, but I know that I need to network/socialize if I am going to be more than a code monkey/lab rat

Pretend to be a normie, there's really no other way

What's the point of having a huge dick if it makes most women to not have sex with you and you'll always have a less enjoyable life than the average dick size Chad?
Seriously though, why does huge dick = shit sex skills? It doesn't make any sense, huge dick should make you better at EVERYTHING.

> blablabla....I'm obviously talking about people like Donald Trump

It sounds like you don't know.
It isn't necessarily true that smart people are socially awkward. But it is the way others view you. You can try to fit in, but inevitably you will say something or do something that shows them that you are far more intelligent than they are. "Normies" don't like that. Jealousy sets in. It is like a chicken that has a different spot on its plumage. The other chickens will peck at the spot until it is dead.
It is not impossible to have friends. But you will find that your friends are fewer and closer than the friends of the so-called "Chad's"

As a high IQ individual you may appreciate that certain instincts should be acted out and not inhibited by conscious awareness for the simple fact that they work better then a learnt skill.
Now go out and get some pussy OP.

>tfw too intelligent to enjoy mundane activities
I just can't get along with < 120 IQ people

Yeah. It's not that your skills are bad, this whole everyone on the internet is autistic thing has gone way too far man. If you were capable of talking to adults as a child and actually having a worthwhile conversation, if you can write, if you can watch a movie and see all the motives of the director and the characters, there's not something wrong with you for not getting along with people your age.

It's all about what you want. Do you want an intellectual conversation? Sorry. Not gonna happen. Do you want to have fun, be funny, maybe tell each other stories n shit? Not hard at all. I've learned to get along with people my age from the relatively smart folk to the dumb as shit ones primarily by being a fake person. I hate that people fuck randos and get knocked up and now they have a kid and their body is shit and I'd love to just tell all these women I work with how ashamed they should be of themselves but you know at a certain point I just accepted this world is full of failures and if it weren't there wouldn't be many people around at all.

It's actually retarded easy getting along with people. In high school I was like kill the phonies. Chads are just phony and they're psychopathic for real and have no humility and the fact that women like that is just nauseating. Now I'm pretty much the same thing. All you have to do is what anyone would expect from a totally awesome guy. Just be totally awesome it's really not hard at all

This is surprisingly good advice, that's also sad too. Guess there's no other way.

Pic related's IQ is 167

No 167 is his CHAD score

is he any good at sports?

Care to explain how you've reached that conclusion?

This.

On the inside everyone's pretty much the same, smart or not. It's just that having a powerful and always present cognition makes the cogs of personality cluttered and jittery. You will always see people as boring good for nothing nonsensical pieces of trash. The trick is to work on being able to alternate your mind states from highly cognitive to social, so that your cognition doesn't get in the way of your inner ape lubricating your cogs of personality and lets you enjoy the moment and other people.

There's this amazing feeling you get when you're on the same wavelength with people. Where the conversations need not have any goals, where the jokes don't need to be intellectually stimulating, to the point of smiling without a cause/simply as a response to other people and the general mood, where you don't need to fiddle with shit and just feel relaxed. For normies this state is natural. They don't NEED sarcasm and edgy humor and stimulating conversation topics because they don't feel any discomfort with just fucking BEING. They feel comfortable opening themselves and just being in the moment, staying true to their emotions and acting up on them. They can't even fathom that for some people this state isn't as easy to reach, that's why they never understand social anxiety.

But it's doable. Don't give up on trying and ESPECIALLY don't give up and backpedal your whole personality into being cognitive like a fedora simply because it's easier than trying to contain and control it. You'll die a miserable person that way.

It's not jealousy. It's literally that the jokes and other clever shit that you say and do goes over their head, so for them it's just gibberish. If you don't pick up on it and change course, they'll just stamp you a weirdo and dismiss you socially.

>oh no my social skills are bad what am I gonna do ;((((
if your life goals are having a good social life and good salary, you are identical to 99.9999% people in the world and you should euthanize yourself

See? This is the type of fedora backpedaling damage control I had in mind.

It's like taking pride in your faults.

>implying nerdism in 2018
top fucking kek
you absolutely do not need a social life to be happy in life, if you do you are an ape driven by your primal instincts and basing your self-esteem on millions of other mindless apes' opinion
thats why you are a piece of trash and should be euthanized

There are tons of extremely intelligent people who have well developed social skills. In fact this whole this whole iq-social skills mindset is a very specific Veeky Forums/internet thing. Go out, talk to people and evenually you will perfect your social skills. Similarly iq is poor metric. Your iq and your mental capabilities is a result of what you have achieved in your life in a scientific field that you have pursued. If you just some run of mill graduate from average uni who hasnt (and never will) achieved anything but graduated and joined the workforce to pay bills and have average life then consider yourself to be in the range of 95-100

But user you ARE an ape driven by your primal instincts and basing your self-esteem on millions of other mindless apes' opinion. Just because you've backpedaled so hard to the other end of the spectrum doesn't change that very intrinsic part of your being. It just means you're in a deeper conflict with it and it being your deeper self, it doesn't take a genius to see how miserable this will get you.

what's that in your ear?

>it's another bait thread has unironically good advice episode

>very intrinsic part of your being
>deeper conflict
>deeper self
hahah fucking faggot get back to /r/psychology

This is the beauty of Veeky Forums. Its even better when this happens on boards like /pol. The mass of shills get butthurt and few of them even get turned.

On Veeky Forums even if you're serious, you need to format your OP into a bait or else it won't catch the attention. It's an art.

>t. Fedoralord introvert
Some people need social interaction you fucking braindead retard. This is what lack of social awareness does to you, you assume everyone is the same as you. If you aren't an ape driven by your primal instincts why are you still eating, shitting and pissing? You're just trying to cope because you got made fun of at high school for being a faggot. Unless you're somehow a God that managed to ascend from his ape mind don't bother replying to me.

>being a faggot
Why the homophobia?

don't make me laugh
eating, shitting and pissing are necessary to survive
having a social life is not
are you trying to say every human in the world has a need for social interaction? fucking LMAO

"Vacinations cause autism" - Incorrect (obviously)
but autism is over-represented in Science and Mathematics.
"Autism causes vacinations" -Correct

But autism isnt even real

Sheit he’s right

Proof it does

You're proof that that isn't true, user

There is literally nothing homophobic about my use of the word "faggot". Unless user was gay, in that case I had no previous knowledge of that so I'm still not homophobic.

Being user is an autism, user

see, im no longer user, however i became more Aut

>prove a negative

>if I can't prove it doesn't exist
t. brainlet

But if we're being literal, and i assume we are because your all autistic (not me tho)
Calling user a faggot makes you incorrect (abstract homophobia), user being a faggot makes you correct (targeted homophobia)

Its the difference between between saying
-I hate gays
-I hate you because you are gay

It doesnt exist therefore it cant be proven.

The word f*ggot entails homophobia in its mere use.

I believe there is no difference between the two with regards to them being differently homophobic.

>are you trying to say every human in the world has a need for social interaction?
The overwhelming majority of humans, yes. And the fact that you are on Veeky Forums, a social network, indicates that you are part of that group no matter how difficult it is for you to accept it. I don't talk with people in real life very often, but if I don't come to this or any similar god forsaken website where I'm able to interact with other human beings (even youtube videos and podcasts will do the trick) in a few days my mental stability begins to decline. I'd also say that's the main reason why solitary confinement drives people crazy so fast.

Because you're more self-aware and you project and over-think. You're smart enough to know you aren't smart.

Dumb people aren't necessarily "good" at being social they just don't care and over-value themselves. The only way to replicate this while being intelligent is to be a legitimate narcissist or to have achieved a lot of success, which builds natural confidence.

are you being awkward with nerds like you? No? Then you are just certain type of person with certain interests. Most people enjoy reality shows, celebrity gossip and that might not be the best ingredients for a riveting conversation.
Anyways, describe how do you imagine not being awkward in a room full of simpletons? Having shallow conversations? Getting simple girls?
Anyways being awkward is also a part of personality trait, you might over-analyze situations in which a chad might jump in with no hesitation, because he doesn't care how others see him. Or rather he doesn't analyze the situation too much to see himself from a perspective.
Lastly, you are a fucktard if you think you have a high IQ and have these sort of questions. You are just awkward tard, that is the harsh reality.

>are you being awkward with nerds like you? No? Then you are just certain type of person with certain interests
That's a horrible approach. Would you say that to a couple of codependents? An enabler and an addict? A narcissist and his sidekick?

Broken people huddling together in no way is an argument for their health in itself. Very often these kinds of relationships (by this I also mean friendships) rely on unhealthy dynamics to sustain themselves off of their issues.

yeah, fuck off, he is just awkward. Does comicon look like a gathering of broken people? Their interests match and that creates instant mutual points of interest.

Nobody is *just* awkward. It stems from something.

>Does comicon look like a gathering of broken people?
It fucking does. Bunch of attention seeking vampire succubi there for the thirsty white knight male feminist attention. What keeps it alive is that the nerds get their escapism and the miserable vampires get pictures taken of them.

Next you're gonna say Veeky Forums is just people with "mutual points of interest" kek.

1. read about ways to improve your social skills
2. use your high iq to work out obstacles in communication
3. adapt knowledge gained to social situations
4. ?????
5. profit
it's all in your head op

>bacterias didn't exist until XVIII century

Because high IQ people tend to be introverted and therefore lack social skills by not going out enough.
From personal experience, I used to be an awkward as fuck piece of shit, because I refused to go out. Once I got sick of it I started going out and eventually stopped being awkward simply because you learn by hanging out with people. You just have to put yourself out there and learn. There is no reason why you should be awkward at all, social interaction is in your genes.

Except nothing you said is true outside of Sitcomland.

Just using the word faggot is not homophobic in itself, it's all about the intent of the person using it. If you are aggitating a person and then they call you a faggot they aren't saying "lol ur gay so ur subhuman lol I hate gays cause being a homo is evil." It's basically the equivalent of saying you're an asshole but a little bit more tame.

>Why the homophobia?
what is the problem of calling out mental ill people?

stupid people think they're smarter than smart people

they really do

Why does Veeky Forums have this autistic over-exaggerated black and white view of reality? How many high IQ individuals have you actually met? Do you hang around with millionaires or something? How many "Chads" have you actually met? Maybe shit like that happens in burgeristan a.K.a everyone-is-a-living-stereotype-land but people are way more complicated than that. Go outside of your house some more.

For the sake of Lucifer please be bait.

im not sitting here to have a social interaction you idiot but to have a discussion
having a discussion with someone you can't prove exists is very diferent from any other social situation, the only people I have interacted with in the last 7 years are cashiers and pizza drivers, and guess what? I'm doing fucking great
as far as I know you could be a robot and I wouldn't give a fuck because I'm here to discuss
but good luck trying socializing with a robot
now gtfo and stop embarassing yourself

>im not here to socialize im here to socialize
user I don't think you're as smart as you think you are...

......but working in a lab is a job faggot

>discussion on the internet is socializing
top kek kys
from my point of view im literally discussing with a computer

True you can adapt to about anything including social interaction.

>Donald Trump
>Multi-billionaire (starting from his dad who was only a millionaire. The equivalent would be you being raised by poor parents to grow up to earn 6 figures and be a millionaire)
>President of the United States on his first try, running up against people who had already run multiple times.
>Single-handedly used psychological manipulation to force North Korea to start peace talks with South Korea, achieving on his own world-peace.

If he is not a genius, I'd like to hear what you would consider a genius.

Keep telling that to yourself. If you really weren't interested in socializing you'd be reading on the subjects you're interested in and then contemplating them alone. Not here memeing and trying desperately to justify your shit. You're a stupid fucking ape like the rest of us, just a little less good at it.

That's just filling your socialization void you fucking retard. Playing fucking Animal Crossing will count as socializing to your brain. You're not very bright are you?

you implying that everyone in the world has a need for socializing is retarded enough by itself only showing you have 0 education or knowledge and I don't see any reason to continue the argument with you
protip: read about schizoid PD
>Playing fucking Animal Crossing will count as socializing to your brain
haven't laughed in a while, thanks

you should laugh more often

>discussion on the internet is socializing
Yes. Yes it is. I say this as someone with atrocious social skills and 0 friends. I love Veeky Forums and online discussions for the sole reason that it is the purest form of socialization in some ways. Anonymity is a beautiful thing, and I don't have to worry about body language or social status or what is or isn't taboo. We can speak freely. It's a different form of socialiation than what is typical, but it is socialization.

I don't think high IQ and poor social skills are all that related, honestly. I don't have any empirical evidence to support it, but I've known plenty of people who I'd say are pretty intelligent with decent or even great social skills and I've met people with poor social skills who were also complete dumbasses.

I see where the idea comes from, though. I have had to teach myself to just stay quiet because often what I say is too many layers of abstraction away from what is being discussed. I have a autistic tendency to overanalyze. For example, a coworker talks about his cat, I'm more likely to talk about cats in general, or cat owners. It is only after he makes a negative reaction that I realize of course he wanted to talk about _his_ cat, not just "cats" overall. There are also underlying power struggles and dominance issues that put a massive strain on pretty much any irl conversation. Beneath the surface of the verbal communication is an entire system governed by body language and tone. It's easy to hear small talk/regular conversations, see that most people would rather talk about other people and themselves than ideas and the world around them. Many observe this and come to the conclusion that they're more intelligent than those around them.

I believe people are often more intelligent than it may seem on the surface, the problem is normal conversation is rarely an intellectual endeavor. People talk with each other for a different reason and conversation operates on a more "primal" level.

Aww someone self diagnosed themselves through wikipedia articles, isn't it adorable!

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2187592/How-stress-depression-shrink-brain.html
independent.co.uk/news/science/loneliness-makes-your-brain-work-differently-study-shows-a6732056.html#gallery

I know people who have actually been diagnosed as schizoid. Just because they are unable to form intimate relationships with people does in no way mean there's no yearning for that. Just because someone shies away from people due to anxiety does not imply they don't wish closeness.

Stop digging that hole under yourself and admit you have a huge problem. You're miserable as you are, who are you trying to fool here? Honestly, I was close to being in your boat but I've become so much happier after actively working on my shit.

>I know people who have actually been diagnosed as schizoid. Just because they are unable to form intimate relationships with people does in no way mean there's no yearning for that. Just because someone shies away from people due to anxiety does not imply they don't wish closeness.
then they weren't schizoid but avoidant and you're probably lying as SdPD is very rare even in clinical settings
and nowhere did I say that I'm schizoid you absolute mongoloid, just talked about schizoid to prove that not everyone in the world has a need for socializing
and you thinking im trying to fool anyone or lie to myself is adorable, I have no reason in doing so, I'm just telling you the truth that I've had absolutely 0 social life for 8 years and this is the state in which Im the most comfortable and by saying that deep down I'm miserable is laughable at least

Some high IQ people don't apply it in STEM, Humanities and other typically intellectual fields, but they are incredibly social and witty. You can see that with politicians or salesmen. They might have an average speed at doing mental calculations or a HS understanding of physics, but they can be pretty endearing and devise complex strategies to excel in their pursuits.

Not even the same guy, but humans are indeed social animals, and the fact that the people who aren't social are described as having a personality disorder and not as normal variations of the healthy mind pretty much synthetizes that.

You're obviously implying you're schizoid.

Is it really that hard to admit that the thing holding you back is fear? Just because you've grown complacent to your misery doesn't mean you're comfortable lmao

You could've been last night with some cute girl in the rooftop of an abandoned building, drinking wine and enjoying yourself. Instead you're here justifying yourself. 8 fucking years.

That's not the best approach to take towards disorders. Just because something is deemed a pathology doesn't mean it's inherently wrong.

A more appropriate approach would be not from a normative majority perspective but that of the suffering individual, which in this case entails the schizoid person and his misery.

People with these conditions are not happy.

>That's not the best approach to take towards disorders. Just because something is deemed a pathology doesn't mean it's inherently wrong
We are not talking about all conditions (if we were, you would be right), but about Schizoid Personality Disorder and related conditions, which are confirmed pathologies and states that no one wants to be in.

Also, a lot of the time, something not being normalized is in fact a red flag. Evolution set mankind in a way for a reason. Deviating individuals tend to suffer more than normal people.

The idea was that if your argument comes simply from something being different, one could make a point that the change is for the best. At some point homo sapiens were the "weirdos." Or if the change is not for the best, it's a change and that's it. As in it's something you can'd turn back.

But pointing out that people with these conditions aren't simply different but it's just that their mechanisms for being happy are damaged hammers down the argument more accurately.

That's a very good observation that I've made myself as well. It's like we operate on another level.

The one that still blows my mind, and is quite recent, is the realization that for normies socialization literally has no other goal than to spend time and enjoy the company. Honestly, I still struggle a little to wrap my head around it. My whole life I've had friends who I've always had some "reason" to get together and our conversations always had to pertain to stimulating topics. But for normies their conversations are just jokes, banter and daily matters. And I'm not denigrating it. On the contrary, it seems like a miracle to be able to do that. Exploring and experiencing these normie things is currently one of my passions.

It's surprising how little cognition and rationality play a role in normie everyday matters.

damn, your projections get better and better
>humans are social animals
yes
>every human has a need for social interaction
no

>Schizoid Personality Disorder and related conditions, which are confirmed pathologies and states that no one wants to be in.
I'd argue being schizoid is a very desirable condition a lot of people would want to be in

>What's the point of having a high IQ if it makes you a socially awkward outcast

having a high IQ doesn't make you a socially awkward outcast...

social proof from mainstream media changing peoples behavior, makes you an outcast.

and less social interaction makes you socially awkward.

Have you ever had sex?

no, im asexual
your point being?

Wew lad you keep ticking these boxes one after another.

I remember when I thought I was one... Of course then I got my shit together and forced myself to have sex til I started craving it.

cool

So you planning on sitting here "not socializing" for the rest of your days?

no, but you're helping me kill time while I wait for other Veeky Forums algorithms to compute answers and reply to my other posts

Do you really need help killing time?

no

What do you enjoy the most? The small things.