How the fuck is drinking water of such a high quality (leaving aside the issue of fluoride and such)?

How the fuck is drinking water of such a high quality (leaving aside the issue of fluoride and such)?

Cities are gigantic and you need endless sprawling networks of pipes to cover every residence and area. How is it even possible that we maintain this so well? How is it possible that old-ass pipes are still giving off decent water after so long? How can you even maintain such a new network logistically?!

Any engineers who can speak to the complexity of projects like this, where you have all these priorities:
>it needs to be cheap
>it needs to be easily maintained and accessible, with modular and replaceable sections
>it needs to be durable and last forever
>it needs to have a high standard of safety and sanitation
>it needs to be manageable by bureaucracies of workers who didn't install it and only understand small slivers of it

I just can't get over what an engineering marvel clean drinking water is.

>How can you even maintain such a new network logistically?!

oops, such a huge network*

Well... its not as clean as you think it is.

>flouride
>Issue

Slow your roll there Alex jones

Fluoride has been scientifically demonstrated safe and beneficial in every experiment ever done.

10 seconds on google scholar proves you wrong

there's clean freshwater in a lot of places
and they only test the water at the treatment plant, who knows how clean it is by the time it gets to you
the Hoover dam reservoir is just for water for last Vegas and shit
the farther downstream you are, the dirtier the water is etc
but yeah most moving water in land is clean enough to drink

It's also been confirmed to cure cancer, increase your IQ, cure baldness, and make your dick bigger in 99.9% of the experiments that I've read online.

Our drinking water isn't clean at all. If we all lived off glacial melt water like the Hunzas we'd have an average life expectancy of 120 years.

it's not that hard it's just pipes, even the romans knew how to do it
and tap water is shit in most places, you should count yourself lucky if you have great drinking water

Because you live in a serious and rich society. and because you pay taxes.

You know Romans used lead to make pipes, right? Some historians think it might have been a major contributor to throw fall of the empire

>Buy fluoride mouth wash at drug store
>Drink one shot of it
>Be sick for days
>Decide this needs to be in my tap water

This. Between fluoride in the water shape-shifting reptilians in office I'm scared for the future.

Yeah but they also used it heavily for seasoning their food. They would take chunks of lead and grind it like pepper and straight up eat that shit. Worse than any trace amounts of lead in the water.

>I'm scared for the future.

Iodine is useful for removing fluoride from the human body. They use to put it in bread but replaced it with bromide, which reduces iodine content in the human body. Also, the best source for iodine is seaweed. Due to Fukoshima and mercury in the ocean seaweed will soon become toxic to humans. Little by little the future will have all means of removing fluoride from their bodies removed from this earth.

It isnt clean at all. It just has most pathogens removed in treatment. Claims about the purity of municipal water usually state "at the source". It's rarely tested after flowing to household taps. Ever seen the inside of supply mains?

>Due to Fukoshima and mercury in the ocean seaweed will soon become toxic to humans
I think you're vastly overestimating the impact of Fukoshima.

The sterilization chemicals introduced at the treatment plant continue to kill germs through the distribution system. To supplement this, utilities often switch chemicals for a month once a year to a harsher chemical that smells worse but is more effective a disinfectant.

Evolved watersheds do it 1000% better from the biosequestration of toxins, evaporation, and biomass prodction, groundwater recharge, ect. Urban hellscapes do not have this and that is why their watersheds are complete disasters on a regional and global scale. Engineers do not know anything and they and their bosses need to be criminally reprimanded, jk but things are incredibly fucked up, to make an anthropomorphic metaphor the blood flowing through the earths veins is being replaced with shit and discharged into strange places

they knew it was bad, but they still did it

A: there is no testing of the fluoride they actually put in the water
B: Thats simply not true
C: its an accumulator and takes along to show symptoms, which are easily misidentified as other issues like arthritis

the shift from iodinized salt to meme-salt is literally killing america