We all have weird exam superstitions and habits, what are yours?

We all have weird exam superstitions and habits, what are yours?

OP here, I'll start off the thread, here are a few things I think are bad luck for taking tests:
>pants
>wearing shorts that go past my knees
>used pencils
>leaving or finding eraser shavings on desk
>not clearing my calculator prior to the exam
>having anything in my pockets
>arriving less than 15 minutes early
>not eating Cheerios or oatmeal for breakfast

>good luck
first row or aisle place
exam takes place before lunch

>bad luck
I know my neighbour
Forgot to bring something to drink

>first row or aisle place
Forgot to include this one, but the front row superstition is very real

>good luck
I have studied during the semester.

>bad luck
I have to review before the exam for more than 1h.

I don't have any. I mean I like to make sure I brought a pen that works, but beyond that, idgaf.

I dont know if this is something legit, but
While studying I listen to a calm soundtrack of something I watched/played and think of the songs in my head to remember stuff
It doesn't work instantly but by the end of the exam I actually start remembering and get everything done

skip straight to the hardest parts of the exam so I don't run out of time
show up to the exam

how do you guys focus when you need to read a lot

I got a couple of exams coming up but i cant fucking read longer than 30sec before my attention drifts away

I'd buy pepsi before taking any tests.

Read the text upside down. Makes it a challenge. The way I do it is by using a text to speech program, I'm the same way as you user, and can't read to save my fucking life.

>Read the text upside down. Makes it a challenge.
are you memeing me

I saw it on the Veeky Forums twitter page and thought it'd work

link

Furthest back. Furthest left for math.
Furthest front. Furthest right for art.

Before exams I don't eat a lot, and I never take any food or drinks with me to the exam. The idea is that my digestive system shuts down so all the blood can go to my brains.

Another thing I've noticed is that during exams, there is always a particular song in my head that I haven't listened to in a couple of weeks. I think this is because my brain digs deep into my memories to come up with solutions to the questions, and along the way finds these songs.

>If a physishit sits next to you, you're guaranteed to do badly and also get a flu after the exam

Not really a superstition, but that's what I'm always wary of.

>I'm a girl, btw.

some of my shirts give me a statistically significant amount of bad luck

unfortunately one of them is one that my girlfriend got for me and it pisses her off when i don't want to wear it because of that

It was bad luck to mention to anyone any activity I had planned or was thinking about doing that day after the exam.

oh yeah, another one: telling people out loud what i think the score i got was - every time i speculate on it out loud, it ends up being lower than what I expected

If I see my favorite number somewhere obvious (like in my seat number or painted on a wall or whatever) right before taking the exam I assume it is a good omen.
>be me, about to sit final exam for 2017
>tried my best in this subject but it hasn't gone well
>even failed my mid semester test (got 9 out of a possible 20 marks for subject)
>spot my lucky number on the wall behind the examiner as she tells us to begin
>earn a distinction for the subject
No idea how that works but I'm not about to argue with the results

>good luck
I have studied and am well prepared for the exam
>bad luck
I haven't and I'm not

Me too, small world

Count me in, folks. What a funny coincidence.

>skip straight to the hardest parts of the exam
really I usually skip past them and do the easy stuff first to make sure I don't miss points that would be otherwise guaranteed while stuck on 1 hard problem