ITT: Contemporary social commentaries

ITT: Contemporary social commentaries

not mentioning constantly when someone is bi or gay is erasure

>erasure
Please elaborate.

Does being on the bestseller list even count for anything anymore if books like this are on it?

It counts dollar bills, homie

pussy, money, weed all a nigga need I guess

The NYT bestseller list is pretty meh:

www fastcompany com/1813678/what-being-bestselling-author-really-means

>To draw from a personal example, some of my books have been on the Top 100 Amazon Bestselling Teen List and the Top 100 Amazon Bestselling Hot Releases in Teens. One of my books has a ranking in the 300 range for overall books sold on Amazon, while three have been in the 400s out of over 1 million books. (For more details, here is a complete breakdown of my Amazon bestsellers.)

>What does this mean? It means that my books, because of the rankings they received at one point on Amazon, were popular enough to be on the bestseller list. For a book to rank #300 on the overall Amazon ranking means that, out of over 1 million books on Amazon, only 299 sold more copies.

>However, the New York Times bestseller list is different. Not to better or worse…just different. It’s a different metrics system. No one knows exactly how this is compiled, but large publishers know certain things about getting onto the list, and that’s why you find many of the large publishers’ books on there. It is a well-known fact among publishers that the New York Times gets its book sales data from a scattered few bookstores (like the Nielsen’s) and it doesn’t take into account the actual sales of the books (which Amazon.com does in order to rank), but how many books were shipped to these particular sampling of stores in anticipation of sales.

When people build themselves around the identity they picked, they feel uncomfortable if this identity is ignored. For there is nothing in such people except being bi or gay or whatever they chose to be, hence the name.

All of these ugly black women should be happy that people want to touch their freaky hair.

Social commentary enough?

I see.

Nah, she has a right not to be touched. And the USP of curly hair is pretty meh in 2017.

shut the fuck up

>she has a right not to be touched
The premise of 'no you can't touch my hair' is that people are asking to do it and aren't just doing it regardless of her personal wishes

>curly hair is not special in 2017
Yes, I don't think this hair touching issue is real

omg you're so tough.

Is that any actual thing, where people ask black people to touch their hair? That's pretty weird, but then again I've had people come up and touch my hair. It's more of a hygiene concern for me since most chucklefucks don't wash their hands after pooping.

>washing your hands
>valuing your time

pick one

I know a black girl who always wants to touch my head, I've never asked to touch her hair.

Yeah, I have never felt compelled to see what black hair feels like.

I think this is just one of those nitpick-y leftist memes trying to find yet more bullshit things to complain about.

Imagine being a black woman and being so insecure about your hair that you can never just go with the option of a natural look but always have to do some kind of crazy treatment or ironing or weave.

And I mean the famous ones go the furthest to make their hair look as white as possible. Except for the cool ones like Erykah Badu who shows they can look really damn cute with the natural hair. :/

I think it's just some people getting angry with the people who aren't racist and think they're interesting then making it into a race issue. White people asking to touch black people's hair is sort of a meme. "How dare you acknowledge that we have some minor physiological differences! How dare you be interested in that!"

>or whatever they chose to be
kek'd
nice bait

Another one like that is a recently-defined, supposed "microaggression" on college campuses... when one asks a person with an obvious accent where they are from. As if there is something inherently shameful in being from somewhere else, or that recognizing people come from different places is a sensitive issue.

>How do YOU know they aren't a full American?? How dare you make such assumptions??

That one is particularly stupid as people ask each other where they're from when they first meet almost always. It's polite to be interested in someone's life, that's just normal behaviour. But somehow it's offensive to ask if it's obvious the person isn't a local.

This recently happened to me
>I am at a sales conference with people from offices all over North America coming to Orlando
>I am intern wrangler for the Atlanta office and there are about 6 interns from other offices there - I am supposed to manage the interns from other offices. All are interned immediately after college graduation and we hire 1 a year
>Meet 4 interns - White guy, White girl, Hindi guy, Black girl. All are in a group and I introduce myself. Explain that I am in charge of evaluating them so they know I am the guy who hires and fires interns
>Ask White girl 'where are you from?'
>'The San Diego office!'
>Ask the Hindi guy where he's from.
>'The Chicago office!'
>Ask the White guy where he is from
>'The Boston Office!'
>Ask the Black girl where she's from
>'That is a rude question, Why would you assume I am not an American?'
>The other interns look really weird - they won't look at me AT ALL
>I say 'were you not listening? I asked everyone else the same question. Everyone else understood the question and answered it. What office are you based out of?'
>'I was paying attention to how you asked the Black woman last'
>'I was going around the table in a clockwise direction. One more time - which office are you an intern for?'
>'I don't like your dismissive tone. I deserve to be treated with respect.'
>'Interns work for this firm as inside sales reps. As an inside sales rep your job is to ask questions of and answer questions from clients and prospective clients. You are unable to answer a simple question. You're fired. HR will get you a flight home as soon as possible. Go pack. And if you want to actually get home? When HR asks you 'where are you from?' they mean 'where are we flying your fired ass?'.
She even filed a lawsuit for unlawful dismissal. From a position as an unpaid intern!

Everything beyond straight, bi and gay is made up horseshit

Those bestseller lists are pay-to-play, part with enough money and any book can have any spot.

How about asexual?

Things that never happened, but nice story.

Disorder

Unless you're a mushroom or something you can't be asexual

Why not?

yeah people come up to me and touch my hair, although I do have kinda poofy hair like a black persons

if this happened your my idle

"I am Angry" by Blackie Black

"I am Celibate" by Ye Lo

"I am Outraged" by Blanche Snow

You are scum of the earth.

and remember folks DEAR WHITE PEOPLE is released today on netflix. go buy suscriptions so theyll make more!

People have asked me if they can touch my beard, should I write an angry book about this?

Mfw I am a white male and the only black woman's hair I've ever touched was at her request. In the workplace. Same woman who out of the blue told me she loved me, in front of all our coworkers. And has two kids from white daddies.

This. It's a social illness, and not my fault or my problem. Ergo books like OP's pic are laughably myopic and infuriating race bait.

Because humans practice sexual reproduction

Only fungi, bacteria and certain species of animals are asexual

Human "asexuals" just have a low sex drive

>Because humans practice sexual reproduction
So homosexuals don't exist either?

>your my idle
Murrica

Dude pick up a biology book please

I want to see the Asian version DEAR WHITTU PIGGU

The libido is an integral part of the human psychology. The entire point of human life from a biological perspective is staying alive long enough to produce offspring and raise it to spread your genes.

"Whatever they chose as an identity" was what I meant. You can obviously be homosexual and does not have a "gay" identity. Just like you can watch anime and not be an otaku.
Still all the additional genders are pretty much made up and are nothing more than labels or carnival costumes.

Why would I want to touch a negro's hair though?

This whole 'don't touch my hair' thing, however ridiculous, is making blacks make better music than they were before

And black people's only validation is to entertain you?

I prefer to think of it as making beautiful things (for me), which is everyone's validation

didnt you get the memo only black people are allowed to make music this was the rule since jazz happened

Yes, they seem to suck at holding steady jobs. But they are great in the NBA.

>no ambition
>no interests
>no friends
>horribly agoraphobic after being mugged and almost killed
>no one would give a shit about what I say because it's not directly related to a physical trait or sexual orientation
>yet this person becomes a bestselling author because her biggest problem in life is her hair being touched

fuck life

(White girls touch each other's hair all the time. Self-centred black girls think this is racism because they are racist. White girls were only being inclusive. Carry on)

White girls touch each other's vaginas more often than each other's hair.

Am I supposed to be provoked?

Thanks, dude!

I've got an accent despite having lived in my hometown most of my life (I moved there when Iw as eight).

Occasionally people will ask me where I'm from, and I usually just say I'm from [my home town], because I am.

But every once in a while some arrogant asshole decides that they need to make a point that I couldn't possibly be from my hometown, because I so clearly have an accent, and no matter how much I assure them to the contrary they insist that it must be otherwise, till I admit that I moved here when I was a kid and they triumphantly say something along the lines of "I knew you weren't from around here".

So it can be a bit annoying sometimes, and I'm not surprised that some people feel that way. I think as a general rule one should try to treat other people with basic respect, and at least try a little bit to find some common ground before jumping on whatever differences they can find.

/r/NothingHappens

You're in the wrong here. The other guy is a faggot, but he's not as much of a faggot as you are. He had to do everything but hold his eyes in.
You're a disease, people shouldn't have to use a crowbar on you because your'e a snowflake.
This question is innocuous unless you make it otherwise.

>Not to better or worse…just different.
I love how normies precise this, it is the moral equivalent of he/she

You might think I'm "le ebin meeming" right now, but I'm being super duper serious when I say I don't wash my hands after peeing. I mean, why the fuck would I? Unless I pee on my hands, I'm pretty much good, and why would I pee on my hands in the first place?

Seems like such a giant non-issue to me.

i am, that's why i told you to shut the fuck up

Well you're not really from your "hometown," and people can tell. You're asking people to accept your self-constructed identity at face value, and then getting mad when they don't humor you.

>muh common sense
>muh ex-post rationalizations
Gee, you're just like the noggos. Modern hygiene was invented in the West, therefore washing hands is raciss!

Your words aren't making sense to me right now. Are you busting my balls or not?

there is nothing wrong with erasing gays

Did you wash your penis in the morning? No? Then not washing hands after peeing is disgusting. You best not be cooking like that, nigger. You'll get people genuinely sick.

Also:
> implying anybody wants indirect contact with your penis through handling something you've just handled

You're a disgusting degenerate and I hope your parents are disappointed in you.

this, except its not the people who are actually gay. Its the reader who fangirls around an idea of a gay character and is upset if gayness is not mentioned often enough. for example if a bi girl character had a gay love in the past but is now hooking up with a man, reader gets upset if gay past is not named dropped enough

I am ashamed to say you have more patience than me. I think I would have stammered at first and lost my shit on round 2.

>Hot Releases in Teens
sounds like what i'd wanna read

You're not from your "hometown"
Stop being a miserable cunt

Have you ever heard of showers?

w2c?