Everyone here flips their tits at Gwyneth Paltrow buying limes while trying to be poor

>everyone here flips their tits at Gwyneth Paltrow buying limes while trying to be poor
>just bought 12 limes for a buck
>plenty of food traditions from traditionally impoverished places use lots of lime

I don't get it, what's the joke about limes?

There are people who hate lime for some reason. I on the other hand barely notice the difference with lemons.

The joke is that she is so far removed from the everyday lives of the working class that it's almost insulting when she tweets about "how bad poor people have it", and it didn't help that she didn't understand that SNAP benefits are only supplementary income, you're not supposed to live on only $29 a week in groceries.
Plus, it was clear she went to whole foods, which poor people don't do, ever.

Americans pay ten times the price for anything resembling fresh fruit and vegetables.

So the stories from fat people on welfare, who are saying that healthy is too expensive, are true?

It's not just cost, fat people on welfare live in food deserts where fresh produce is laughably nonexistent except for apples

They're not good. But white guilt soccer moms pretend to like them because it makes them seem "tolerant"

and bananas, everything else is stupidly overpriced out of a few weeks a year.

I am American, though.
Less than a dime for a lime.

Wait, are those limes? My entire country call them lemons. They are really cheap.

because she spent a lot of money on a small number of limes?

>Plus, it was clear she went to whole foods
Nah, she bought safeway brand products. But its assumed even if she bought the organic types of produce, she didn't have a club card, she still wouldn't have hit $29.

>not realizing produce prices vary
There was a period during the lime crisis a few years ago when they were going for a buck a pop even at the poor hispanic store

At the moment they're five for a dollar, at Whole Foods

No, people who say it is too expensive to eat healthy usually have no idea what's healthy and make bad purchasing decisions. There's this one image where some dipshit woman bought nothing but grapes, single serving packaged nuts, a pineapple, and a 20 oz Sprite and claimed that it cost her like $25 so therefore eating healthy is impossible.

If you call limes lemons, what do you call lemons?

No. You can get something like 7 pounds of bananas for the same price as a 13 ounce bag of potato chips.

Limes, or yellow lemon.

>t. Bizzaro world

Because it's a terrible deal in terms of calories per cents.

Those "impoverished" places also are closer to the border, have greater access to limes, and the really poor people there aren't eating limes unless they have their own lime tree.

>apples

Even those are no good. Most apples are !.99 lb at my stores unless they go on sale (and not even a good sale) or you get one of those bags of tiny shitty tasteless apples. Bananas are usually pretty cheap, like 40 cents a pound and 29 at the discount store. Limes are typically 5 for $1.

>calls lemons limes
What fucking planet do you live on?

>I on the other hand barely notice the difference with lemons.
have you tried tasting them

And they still make the fundamental misconception that it's what you eat that makes you fat and not how much of it.

She bought more limes than she could use with all the rest of her food and almost none of it was lime applicable.

Also she bought them organic out of season.....

A few years ago there was an image of a fella laughing and spilling limes through his arms, obviously miming nonsense to get stock photos on a set with the caption "Why can't I hold all these limes?"

>or yellow lemon

"Why can't I hold all these X?" is a meme. it is known.

At that point in time we were coming off of a lime shortage. They were almost 53 cents each (retail).

It's both, you have to eat more Twinkies to feel full because they're just empty carbs and sugar, as opposed to foods with lots of fiber and protein. So it is kind of what you eat.

i fekin love limes.
put them on chips, jicama, cucumber (all with salt and hot sauce), in some soups, in beer, and halves with just salt. inb4 messican.
also i bought me a lime squeezer just because its awesome.

When I was in Italy my distance relatives were confused that I called Limes Limes. They apparently called both Limes and Lemons 'Limones' because the ones that were grown there both tasted approximate the same.

in messico limes are limones and lemons are limas. its reversed.

>about to squeeze an uncut lime
shiggy