sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0042698997003672?via=ihub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Is this true?
No.

>Copy and paste the picture into paint
>Use color selector on a stwaw-booboo
>Look at red RGB component
There's your answer OP

well all color is just your brain's interpretation of the light waves hitting your retina and is very prone to illusion.

Define "red pixel".

>this thread again
or just level it

There are a lot of desaturated red pixels but no bright red pixels. Which is what you would expect in a picture of desaturated strawberries.

>"There are no yellow pixels in this image"

Seriously, monitors don't have yellow pixels in them.

I think this is more an issue with how you save the image into its png format. You can constantly remove the red rgb layer and it'll keep coming back each time you reopen it depending on your settings.

Normies can only see 3 colors anyway

The point that this image is trying to illustrate is ruined by the fact that it has been compressed to within an inch of it's life.

The joke is that since monitors only have 3 subpixels, tetrachromats would be missing some colors in the image and not "see more nuances" in it

more red than green or blue

old image is old

Thats retarded.

you define a red pixel!

0 in the blue and green channels.

What about
R 255 B 12 G 12

This is the most effective optical illusion I have ever seen.

Illusion ruined forever, faggot.

Is there anything in the B and G? If so, then no, its not pure red.

Strange looking 0's, friend.

#FF0101

#FF0000

I counted out 46 different striations

Pretty cool, I see 39 colors there and the yellow is like one big blob and I don't like it, aligns with the text underneath.

Yes there are I checked

44 colours. Nice.

I counted 37

>>"there are no red pixels in this image"
fixed the image for you, no red pixels.

You can't test tetrachromacy like this.

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

No red pixels doesn't mean no red subpixels, or no pixels with non-zero red component in RGB. You can print it in CMYK using mainly cyan and no red and still the strawberries would appear red

I fucking hate autists like this. fuck you retarded nigger go hang yourself.

come in a fucking thread like this just to fuck with people and pretend you're being intellectual and nuanced. actually drink bleach you fucking pathetic piece of shit.

>there are no red pixels in this image
are you honestly SO FUCKING AUTISTIC AND BRAIN DAMAGED

that you interpret this as a trick question 'no PURELY red pixels' there's almost no red pixels anywhere, it's easy to go throughout your day without seeing a purely red pixel with nothing in the green or blue depending on what websites you visit and if they have shit color schemes or not

fuck you dumb thread derailing nigger i sincerely hope you die. fuck this shitty board.

pseudo intellectuals who circle jerk about IQ all day, nitpick, and /r9k/posting thinly veiled by putting science in the title

I have the feeling that my small brain insists on seeing red in those black strawberries.

Tetrachromacy only occurs in an extremely small percentage of women, neckbeards.

This is dumb, where did you find this? pretty sure computer screens can only display around 17 million different colors, which is far less than a true tetrachromat can, due to being designed around 3 primary colors.

eyes just perform correction due to cyan tint.

but that image does have red pixels though. it's a badly done example.

I can see them all! I am also a woman
>mfw that’s actually relevant to mention for this but you’ll chimp out anyway
Brainlets

>You can print it in CMYK using mainly cyan and no red and still the strawberries would appear red
False, the Magenta component is required to make the strawberries appear red.

Stopped reading at >woman
Shut up, no one cares

Only women can be tetrachromats
Also I’m sorry no one will ever love you

>RBG(0,0,0) is a red pixel
"ok"

only a woman would miss

t. incel

run it through a python script u mf and stop asking

fixed

im a tetrachromat xd I see 42 colors
im a girl btw

>people are taking this seriously

>im a girl btw
GooD

Don't forget how it is then viewed on screens of wildly differing color quality and various lighting conditions.

Oh wow we got a really unique guy over here. Way to really identify with that 25%, guy. I bet you have a lot of compartments, and it really gives you anxiety when they touch.

>only women can be "tetrachromats"
Wrong
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0042698997003672?via=ihub