Why do so many Anti-Stratfordians come from ex-colonies like America, Canada, and Australia...

Why do so many Anti-Stratfordians come from ex-colonies like America, Canada, and Australia? What is it about Shakespeare that makes them so butthurt?

Other urls found in this thread:

shakespeareauthorship.com/howdowe.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anything from before the 19th century is alien and scary to them

Classism. They can't accept that a genius wrote for a mass audience, rubbed shoulders with the actors, loved shit jokes, etc - he must have secretly been some rarified aristocrat. Obviously.

This

As an American, I have no clue what you mean by being butthurt about Shakespeare.

Do you mean high school students who don't want to read "old english Shakespeare"?

I'm talking about the theory that Shakespeare's plays were actually written by someone else. The majority of people who actually believe this are New Worlders

You'd think it'd be the opposite considering how class obsessed the English are

You could probably count Anti-Stratfordians from any given country on your fingers, they don't represent anyone. But people who go around reassigning authorship should be whipped, they only do it so they can try and have their name attached to a more famous name

Shakespeare criticism is by and large an index of things not worth saying about Shakespeare.

He has a massive vocabulary, a command of differing high and low styles, and most importantly there's no biography we have that could "explain" his work away. In other words, he's still a mystery in a way that Dante (who did meet Beatrice and wrote from that inspiration) or Joyce (who did meet Nora and immortalized the day she first gave him a handjob) are not. Because we figure, oh Dante or Joyce did it for a girl they loved and lost or didn't lose, or whatever.

Hence, the authorship debate. Freud thought the plays were written by the Earl of Oxford. Walt Whitman and Mark Twain believed the Bacon theory. HELEN FUCKING KELLER believed the plays were written by Francis Bacon. (See the new book by Shapiro, "Contested Will", if you doubt me.)

You want to know my theory?

One English writer gets to be the most famous writer of all time. His name? Shakespeare (or so they say).

Meanwhile, 400+ years earlier, the only Englishman ever to be elected Pope gets elected as Pope. He promptly uses his powers to give Ireland to the King of England, which says a lot about the Papacy and about Irish Catholics. What was his name?

Well, Pope Adrian IV. The only English Pope. Look it up. His real name was Breakspeare.

Obviously Shakespeare was some kind of pen name. Obviously there is a conspiracy. I just find it hilarious that it's only within the past 10 years or so that people have started to suggest (based on the "Shake-shafte" found in a Catholic recusant household during Shakespeare's lost years) that Shakespeare might have been Catholic. DUH. Joyce noticed this, Antony Burgess noticed this, they both knew about Shakespeare / Breakspeare. They just had better things to write than more fapping over the supposedly greatest writer of all time.

Pic related: It's Hamlet's Uncle, the Roman who conquered Britannia and was deified there.

Is this post some sort of satire? I can't tell

I like the schizophrenic turn it took straight in to a dead end

They just can't accept that the greatest dramatist of all time was existed before their countries even did. It's probably quite humiliating to be so new to the world that other countries' greatest figures predate your own nation entirely.

Why do Europeans act like new wordlers generated spontaneously? All of my ancestors where in England until the 19th century and we have the exact same claim to history and cultural achievement as you do. We are going to be the only ones who can carry on the torch of western civilization, Macron and Merkel will win their elections and continue the massive demographic replacement. you are done

>all these newfags

muh heritage

Yeah exactly

so weird how you can get the girl and still be a good writer

The world got too pretentious for us to have a new Shakespeare.

>tfw Shakespeare excelled because he was a genius, a master of his craft and the world and its critics let him do his thing
>tfw critics won't ever accept a 21st century Shakespeare in our canon

For the same reason I'm sure we won't ever get another Mozart.

Yeah but art cant really be at a dissonance with the context of its time and place. there probably are a few living people who could write elizabethan plays with the skill and insight of Shakespeare but we live in culturally dead times so we have Beckett instead. its not really a symptom of individual peoples opinions its the wider culture and values + originality is important

aemelia bassano. see ya, yea of the loss.

"a hickfarmer also wrote dante" quote disneywickerhell, pardon, 'stratfordians'

>disneywickerhell

what did he precisely mean by this?

that people who don't like modern writing, like academics, have no place near aemelia's works. se ya, fuckfaces.

Is this the schizo hour? What the fuck are you talking about?

What are you trying to say?

Because their stupid. I like to challenge people who don't like Shakespeare to find an Elizabethan playwright who did what he did as good or better than him. Shakespeare simply does not suffer from comparison to other writers, not Marlowe, nor Jonson, not Kyd, not the Greek and Romen playwrights, and no modern even comes close to him.

What about Tyler Perry?

>'Shakespeare was a commoner, there is no way he could have spoken any Latin, Greek, or French or known anything about history, politics, or literature'

I find this argument especially autistic. Holy fucking shit it's called 'doing research'. Writers do it all the time. Also he went to a grammar school, lived in London, and was well-connected. It's extremely likely that he possessed a lot of learning or at least had easy access to it if needed

I know the sauce of this, but I never really understood it the first time I read it, it seemed beyond me. But now it makes much more sense.

"Shakespeare" was a secret Catholic and "Shakespeare" wasn't really his name. Being a Catholic the time he was in England wasn't a good thing, which is why he had to cover it up. He chose the name "Shakespeare" as a nod to Breakspear, the only English Pope.

There's a record of a person with last name "Shakeshafte" living in, as Pynchon-poster said, a Catholic recusant household at a time in Shakespeare's life and in a place it could've been possible/made sense for him to have lived there. That the name is very similar but also a bit different further suggests that he, whoever he was, could have been using an alias which he changed.

He's trying to ape Jamba juice

>he went to a grammar school
Look I'm not an anti-Stratfordian but it's only a supposition that he went to grammar school. There are no extant records or corroborations from classmates/teachers

>its not really a symptom of individual peoples opinions its the wider culture and values + originality is important

It was my point, that's why I mentioned critics and not a general lack of creative genius in the collective consciousness.

No my point was really that atheist-materialist-relativist cultures cant produce any meaningful art because there is no meaning in them fundamentally. The best we get is boring crap about a depressed cunt realising there isn't meaning in the world or hollow entertainment. Probably better to look towards non western cultures for new stuff at this point

Did Napoleon need to believe in anything?
Did Achilles, as a character, actually believe in any ethical or philosophical principle?

Get Nietzsche'd up son.

Nietzsche is good but I wasn't talking about ethics and god building ideologies at the end of the day are just empty

shakespeareauthorship.com/howdowe.html

bump

this. i live in america, and i have no fucking idea what you're talking about. literally no one i've met in academia thinks there's a huge shakespearean conspiracy.

Shakespeare was often used as colonialist-era justification for the idea of British intellectual/cultural superiority

How would Shakespeare actually being Francis Bacon change this, though

Nietzsche is incompatible with atheism.

read the aemelia character in othello, there can be no doubt it's aemelia bassano, 'her whole' character makes a defense of weighed feminism, pretty much out of the bleu. to that dude calling me skizoid, you wished demon.

read the aemelia character in othello, there can be no doubt it's aemelia bassano, 'her whole' character makes a defense of weighed feminism, pretty much out of the bleu. to that dude calling me skizoid, you wished, demon.

As a Canadian, I thought this was entirely fringe.

Underrated posts.

Neat theory, I'll look more into that. (Do you have more sources than 'Contested Will'?)

Pic-related.

I have no problem with that justification, but I would love to hear how the Bacon-Theory would change this justification.

I'll re-read Othello and look for this. The question becomes, however, what is 'weighed' feminism?

well, "reasonable(-y equal) (naw, whadamsaying, dawgbrah)) footing in what pov is desirable for the greater good of health"

How was the Enlightenment Dionysian?

Sorry dude, but your chart is bogus

It's a meme

>Apollonian and Dionysian
More like Urizen and Los

Victorian era, full of romantic and mystical horseshit, is apollonian?

>that chart
when it comes to classical music, visual arts and literature the last 100 years have been extremely apollonian, usually trying to reach the perfect order and form through inconventional, unpalatable means: very few arts will tell you that they paint/compose/write purely by intuition, instead they will justify things that may appear as ugly by showing you the extremly sophisticated means that were hidden behind it.

If anything we are drifting towards a Dyonisian phase, in which the intuitive aspect of art will be, once again, affirmed, drifting again from order and simmetry towards beauty, trascendence and sensuality.

t. guy who is very aware of the political climate of Western conservatories and literary departments