Jim beam

I drink half a bottle...1/3 of jim beam a night. 1/4 handle.

>how soon till death or "the shakes?

You're drinking shit whisky. Stop it.

If you arent sure yet, you'll probably never get there.

It takes alot of commitment to get to that point. I tried to become an alcoholic and I just couldnt do it.

Good luck on losing yourself though...tough road

not OP, but what's a good affordable whiskey?

WL Weller 8 year

Carstairs

If you're looking for cheap but good daily drinkers, Aberfeldy's 12 y/o single malt is great.

If you want something a bit sweeter, Highland Park 12 yo single malt is great also

Ignore anything not from the UK or Japan, it's all trash. Would recommend Welsh whisky as well, doesn't get as much credit as it deserves.

shut up faggot

Evan Williams if you want good bourbon / something that's smooth. Old Crow if you just don't fucking care. I ordered a double shot of Old Crow once and the bartender asked me why I was doing that to myself.

found the american

Drank an eighth of Bushmills the other day for about $23. Hardly any hangover and it tasted great.

So you think all bourbon is trash? And also all Canadian and Irish whiskeys?

You are correct.

So you're retarded in simple words

Look Jap whiskey is good but it's not readily available outside the country. Plus it tends towards the mild end of the taste spectrum. And I wouldn't want to pay Scotch prices every time I buy whiskey.

No I just don't have shit taste

That's a cute opinion of yourself

I'm poor - 22 bucks a handle...

bourbon is made in america...guy.

I adamantly disagree. There's a nice sherry cask scotch that is far superior to any jap whiskey I've had in the 40-120 dollar range. I think you can get it for around 38 bucks.

obviously, it's shit

bourbon in general, or jim beam?

im doing 2 handles of 101 wild turkey a week. stfu, just stop now

im unable to sleep without being shit drunk. i had to watch my grandpa one night sober and i didnt sleep an hour. i was up every 30 minutes

so you're twice as likely to die? I don't know how I can drink a third handle a night. I'm a big dude, half a bottle is enough for me.

probably? im 250, i lift weights and still an alchy at night. i just cant sleep, not with the situation im in.

I.e 1.5L = 52 oz = 7.4 oz a day = 4 glasses a night. I do 4-5 a night. I don't know how you are doing 9-10 drinks a night. I already am at the "drink myself sober stage"

I'm 265, 6'4. Have you tried melatonin/valerian root? Also working hard as fuck during the day so you're exhausted?

For the last few years I've been on/off ketosis/lowcarb and have found liquor is approx. twice as effective when in ketosis.

Ha, yeah I like old crow but I acknowledge it's cheap crap.

>I tried to become an alcoholic

GET LOTS OF VITAMIN B AND ALL OTHER GOOD NUTRIENTS. TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN. EXERCISE, STIMULATE YOUR BRAIN DURING THE DAY. CULTIVATE MINDFULNESS. PLEASE CUT BACK ON THE BOOZING. IT WILL RUIN YOU EVENTUALLY.

And if there was enough booze in my house, I'd drink all I could until I knew any more would make me throw up. Any other night, I was 4-5 drinks. This shit will/is ruin[ing] our brains. Certain regions are literally shrinking because of the booze.

Ancient Age is decent. Basically bottom shelf Buffalo Trace and you can get a handle for $20

If you're looking to actually taste what you're drinking then look into Wild Turkey 101, Maker's Mark, Buffalo Trace and Four Roses Single Barrel

bourbon in general. shit has a uniquely nasty yet universal across the style sweet-sour flavor like i'm already throwing it up even though i'm still sober.

Tich & Rare ages 3 weeks

>Ignore anything not from the UK or Japa
As someone who actually reviews whisky this is such a fucking stupid opinion.

yea all the bourbon and rye from NA obviously just trash. Just stop

The shakes and sweating suck but what's worse are the terrors. Nightmares every night and constant fear when you aren't drunk. Feeling your heart galloping in your chest and having the gnawing fear it is going to explode while you are trying to work is awful.

I drink most days and I've only ever had the shakes after multiday benders.

As an oldfag with an alcoholic father, it is incredibly depressing to see a 20-something year old with the shakes.

Mate head over to the alck thread. I don't like to tolerance shame but you're not dying over that amount, you're just gonna feel like shit.

For relativity, I used to drink a liter of vodka + 4 beers a night for 3 years.