Can someone give me the OFFICIAL Veeky Forums PANCAKE TOPPING POWER RANKINGS?

can someone give me the OFFICIAL Veeky Forums PANCAKE TOPPING POWER RANKINGS?

Honey is the best

yeah indeed honey is awesome. compared to bullshit.

Lime juice and sugar masterrace reporting in.

boysenberry syrup

I'm going to sound like a retarded female, but nutella is just 2 good.

Sounds amazing

Maple syrup, little bit of butter.

grape jelly and butter

winner

>Matter syrup and a lot of butter

ftfy

Never tried lime juice and sugar with pancakes, is it simmilar to lemon juice and sugar or does it taste somewat completly diffrent?

It's pretty similar. I just happen to prefer lime personally. Just try it, I guess.

Condensed milk

Diced strawberry and sugar topping>Caramelly butter sauce and pecans>Boysenberry syrup>really expensive, great maple syrup>hot fudge>regular maple syrup and bacon bits (honey & maple)

That's my tier list, anyways.

2 butter pancakes with some chocolate chips in the batter, then a choc full of chips between the two so there's a melted layer of chocolate. To top it off some more choco chips and some powdered sugar and a tall glass of whole milk.

Fukin delicious.

Put mustard on a plate and stack the pancakes on top if it.

Damn this sounds good. Next time I make crepes I think I'll give them a lime/sugar/butter spread.

Blueberry jam/preserves
Honey
Strawberries/jam
Black berries/jam
Butter and maple syrup
Peanut butter

A dollop of butter and a tablespoon of farm bought maple syrup. Anything else is hipster bullshit.

a drenching of maple syrup, some blue berries in between the layers and adding pressure to have the berries release their sweet juice, some butter on top, and a tiny bit of sugar.

Good for getting a heart attack that is

Sorghum or molasses

Pancakes are for fucking impotent man/woman - lets.

Real niggas get waffles.

For the niggas who eat them with maple syrup, what brand do you buy?

Sometimes you just want some fucking pancakes you god damn nignog.

fruit or fruit jam/preserves (strawberry>blackberry>cherry>>>blueberry)
butter, honey, cinnamon
pure maple syrup and mascarpone

fuck, this sounds so good

>hipster bullshit
>farm bought maple syrup

winner winner chicken dinner!

Vanilla ice cream.

Im not gonna pretend Ive been doing it all my life, but I was recently served pancakes with chilled apple sauce..... and it was really fucking good.

once you've cooked your pancakes turn off the heat for your pan and chop some bananas into the pan while it's still hot and caramalize them can add some icing sugar to them as well then top your cakes with icing sugar and maple syrup

you'll love potato pancakes with apple sauce

my man... i forgot to include that detail but they were potato pancakes. Yum. something about the warm cakes with the cool tangy apple sauce and the savoryness of the butter

Grand marnier or amaretto.

t. al/ck/.

plain pancakes dusted lightly in icing sugar

*inhales powdered sugar*

>Lime juice and sugar masterrace reporting in.
Is this a simple syrup to be poured on buttered pancakes or straight-up lime juice with sugar sprinkled on the cakes?

Honey and chopped walnuts

Mix together some butter cinnamon and honey in a pan, add banana slices and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. They should be sticky and browned. Throw them on your pancakes and add the rest of the honey/butter mix over the top.

I do this with lemon and sugar. Never thought to try lime.
I'm assuming he does the latter.

Cinnamon sugar here.

I do it raw. Best flavor on planet earth

I like plum jam and a little bit of clotted cream.

Pic only slightly related.

I like butter on them, then a couple of over-easy eggs, maybe some cut-up bacon. Not much into sweets like syrup, sugary fruit sauce, whipped cream, or whatever the hell else y'all do to turn your breakfast into dessert.

I know this probably doesn't count since they're usually cooked inside the pancakes, but man I fucking love chocolate chips on my pancakes.

fuck off with your sweet pancakes
vegemite or bust

But pancakes are made to be sweet, 90% of pancake recipes include a fair amount of sugar. I like vegemite on my toast and syrup on my pancakes.

% of pancake recipes include a fair amount of sugar

I guess you'll have to explain what your idea of "a fair amount" is, because at this point I'd have to strongly disagree with you. I have a bag of Krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix in the kitchen and it's not sweet.
I also eat breakfast out quite a bit, and just do butter on them. I don't find them sweet really. Waffle batter is another story.

Most recipes I've seen are usually something like, a cup of flour, cup of milk, couple tablespoons of sugar, an egg, then baking powder and melted butter.

peanut butter,nutella bananas with syrup shiet

I love pancakes, but they're never a breakfast item for me. Too greasy and heavy for that early in the day. I usually have sweet pancakes as a late-night snack.

In South Africa we do a similar thing, lemon juice with cinnamon sugar.

Pretty nice

Motherfucking lingonberry jam is GOAT

This.

Android 18 pussy juice

Confession: I don't like authentic maple syrup. I has a strange aftertaste.

Give that artificial aunt jemima.

Sausage.

Good album

my nigga

In basic a ton of guys ate their buckwheat pancakes with peanut butter. A few liked to put strawberry yogurt on them.

Lemon juice+ricotta, wheat berries, strawberries

nothing, toppings are for children

Blackcurrant or gooseberry jam.

Apple butter and Maple syrup

CA-JE-TA

>OFFICIAL Veeky Forums PANCAKE TOPPING POWER RANKINGS
1. Whipped cream + Fresh Berries
2. Maple syrup
3. Ice cream
4. Nutella
5. Fruit syrup
6. Compote
7. Jam
8. Honey
9. Corn syrup
10. Birch syrup
11. Flavored "maple" syrup
12. Butter only
13. Peanut butter
14. Chili
15. Sour cream
16. Avocado + Salsa
17. Cheez whiz

Come at me you fucking amateurs.

>Unflavored corn syrup above literally anything.

more of a waffle person myself but
>fruit preserves
>warm molasses
>(real) maple syrup
>apple butter
>honey butter

Sausage gravy.

Took us 7 replies to get to the non-meme answer.

I swear to christ you fags say you hate hipsters and yet honey, lime juice, and """boysenberry syrup""" appear before maple syrup in a "what goes good on pancakes" thread.

You're a trend follower

i bet your favorite sex position is missionary

So is there anyother way to make pancakes right without a shit ton of oil/grease/butter? I always try to use the least amount but it always means I end up burning the shit out of the 4th-5th pancake and giving up.

>There's only one way to do thing and if you do anything different than this one way you're a hipster!

>You're a trend follower for preferring maple syrup on pancakes
Anyone else getting this creepy feeling that there are people on Veeky Forums who did not grow up in Canada?

No, my favourite sex position is sex; your favourite sex position is "boysenberry on my balls."

You are mad

>You are mad
Not at all. You're just retarded.

Trips confirmed, is retarded.

seconded

This, although I usually just put walnuts or sliced almonds into the pancake batter but if they aren't in the pancake you can still just throw some on top.

I know a few other people who say this. Real maple syrup can have a bitter aftertaste that's almost like coffee, but I love that flavor.

Top tier:
butter
Fruit w/ fruit syrup

mid tier:
fruit syrup w/o fruit

Trash tier:
Maple syrup

Do you guys in the US have golden syrup?

My go to pancake recipe is 1 cup flour to 1 cup of milk to 1 egg.

>bet your favorite sex position is missionary
strictly for procreation

Make way you pussies, God Tier pancake topping coming through. Warning a taste of this and you can never go back. You can still eat pancakes topped with "regular' maple syrup or fruit compote or your mom's crusty panties but in the back of your head you'll be thinking how much better they would be if you only had some Whistlepig

>measuring solids and liquids in cups

I think so, it's just not that popular because of how cheap corn syrup is.

Are there any fermented, alcoholic maple beverages?

That sounds very bland.

You need a tablespoon of oil. It helps it cook through evenly and stay fluffy.

How do I prepare pancakes? Is it just egg, flour and milk?
I literally never prepared one.

I do 125g self raising flour, 130ish ml of milk, an egg, a little sugar, and a splash of oil. You're meant to add salt and a little baking powder but self raising has it in the right quantities already.

Oh yeah, mix until just combined, it makes them fluffier than stirring too much. A few lumps in the batter is fine.

With a proper pan you only need minimal butter, but honestly, why would you worry about butter on pancakes? Pancakes only get better as you add more butter.

Are you cooking on stainless steel?

You're adding some to your batter, right? That usually avoids any burning.

>ctrl+f dulce de leche
>no results
Fucking plebs

Pecan/syrup blend.

My girlfriend bought me some of this and I have never gone back to syrup. Just spread a little bit on top of a hot, fresh pancake and let it melt in. Exquisite.

Alternatively, I like just a bit of Kerrygold butter, but only on the ricotta pancakes my gf makes for me.

>I like butter on them, then a couple of over-easy eggs, maybe some cut-up bacon.

People posted condensed milk though.